A few of the threads have remarked on the design differences between the original, unlocked model of the Passport and the SE Passport, but would anyone have any thoughts on the differences between the AT&T (SQW100-3) model and the SE? The chins seem similar, but what the keys/etc.?
    08-08-15 03:15 PM
    Curious about this as well. It was my impression that -3 improved on -1 in a similar way the SE is supposed to have done, but I haven't seen any direct comparisons between the -3 and the SE.

My hope, if nothing else, is that the slightly larger geometry and rounded (bottom) corners of the SE will open up some more accessory options for the -3.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    08-08-15 04:03 PM
    The keys were much softer on the AT&T Passport compared to the original unlocked Passport. I hear that this model is softer too. Waiting for mine to ship.

Z30 STA 100-3/10.3.2.2339
    08-08-15 04:06 PM
    If the OG Passport and the AT&T Passport had a baby it would look like the SE Passport.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    08-08-15 04:39 PM
    The keys on my -3 are not unmanageable, but I do have to consciously PUSH on the keys, so I'd hate to imagine how stiff they may have been on the -1 (which I've never used). Then again, I have only had mine for about 6 weeks and I'm not a huge typer, so it may take a bit to break in.

08-08-15 05:12 PM
    I have the AT&T version and never tried the OG Passport so I cannot compare but as I transition from key to key, the typing is very soft on AT&T. Nice feedback and click as well. I anticipate the SE Passport is the same as the AT&T one. I will know Monday when mine arrives.
    08-08-15 05:46 PM
    I have all 3, typing this on a SE. Love this version by far the best. So the keys on the OG are ok...little mushy, takes a bit of effort to press compared to the silver. The ATT version wasn't much of a difference in keys over the OG, but a bit better. The Silver is noticeably easier to press and much more enjoyable. They have snappier clicks it seems, but easier to press at the same time with a shorter travel distance - it feels like at least. Feels more accurate as well and the phone feels MUCH better in the hands. I'm really surprised with the SE....it is again by far the best to date, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Liao likes this.
    08-08-15 06:14 PM
    I have all 3, typing this on a SE. Love this version by far the best. So the keys on the OG are ok...little mushy, takes a bit of effort to press compared to the silver. The ATT version wasn't much of a difference in keys over the OG, but a bit better. The Silver is noticeably easier to press and much more enjoyable. They have snappier clicks it seems, but easier to press at the same time with a shorter travel distance - it feels like at least. Feels more accurate as well and the phone feels MUCH better in the hands. I'm really surprised with the SE....it is again by far the best to date, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I know it's early but any double typing?
    08-08-15 09:40 PM
    I am considering getting the Passport (not made up my mind on the edition yet), but I wonder if anyone has any info in general about the longevity of physical keys...don't mean on the passport necessarily and I don't mean as some kind of flaw, just natural life expectancy. I have a 9900 and a Z30 and the 'board on the 9900 eventually became too stiff to type functionally on...no such wear and tear on a screen. Is the passport keyboard going to eventually wear or does it feel rock solid? It is the only thing holding me back.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 01:00 AM
    Anything with moving parts will eventually break. Mine feels as solid as can be, but it's impossible to know for how long.

08-09-15 02:24 AM
    Too true. One thing I do like, and keep in kind I don't have the Passport yet, is that you don't have to hit the alt key to get symbols. I found that a bit tedious on the 9900. Does anyone find the typing easier on the Passport than say the 9900 or the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 02:31 AM
    I've owned both the OG and AT&T. I prefer the aesthetics of the OG, but the AT&T is a superior device, functionally. The added chin space lends to a much better typing experience, and the flat sides help with grip. I noticed an immediate increase in speed and accuracy typing on the AT&T. The keyboard feel was also improved and it has wireless charging. It does feel cheaper than the OG and uses more plastic. There's a seam that starts toward the bottom, and the entire silver portion that curves around the bottom of the device is plastic.

My unit had terrible double typing after 2 months, so I was able to make a claim and got an OG instead. I don't think I'll be switching to the SE anytime soon. Who knows though, I may impulse buy it.
    08-09-15 03:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    The screen on my SE broke a few days ago and I'm going to buy either another SE or the AT&T model. When the Passport first came out, I had the OG but didn't love it, retuned and bought the SE. So the only one I've never touched is the AT&T.

I much prefer the aesthetic of the AT&T over the SE, but my concern is the keyboard. I hated the OG's mushy keys, I loved the SE's clicky keys.

I sincerely doubt that there are 3 different, distinct Passport keyboards (OG, AT&T, SE), meaning either the OG and AT&T both have mushy keys, or the AT&T and SE both have clicky keys.

People who have used all 3, can you confirm which is these is the case? If the AT&T has mushy keys like the OG than I'll go with the SE.

Thanks much!
    10-23-18 01:39 AM