As a new Passport Silver Edition owner, I've been on the search for a really legitimate and decent case that's going to provide decent protection without completely destroying the form factor of the device making it too bulky. What are the best case solutions you all have found?

Posted via CB10
    llwens likes this.
    05-18-16 05:01 AM
    Yeah - not huge selection. I have the amzer pudding soft case and it's okay. No screen protection but I'm careful with my SE. I have a nifty case by Aceabove that I bought in anticipation of buying the OG but opted for the SE in the spring sale. That wallet-like case will work okay if I can enlarge the plastic "rail" that holds the PP - the opening isn't big enough and presses on the volume buttons. I figure to take it to a hobby shop and hope for a genius problem solver. Lol - maybe a small round file will do the job. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-18-16 05:55 AM
    Pocket pouch.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 08:02 AM
    For Blackberry Passport Silver Edition IMAK Clear Crystal PC Hard Cover Case | eBay there are soft tpus like this too and it works with the att version.

For Blackberry Passport Silver Edition IMAK Clear Crystal PC Hard Cover Case | eBay
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 05-18-16 at 08:22 AM.
    05-18-16 08:06 AM
    I still wait to receive mine as well.

But, after a lot of reading and watching various videos around, I ordered (along with the phone) the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Leather Flex Shell:
    BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Leather Flex Shell | BlackBerry Hard Cases | ShopCrackBerry
    as there are many times that I want to have it next to me as an "organizer". Nevertheless, since this one does not protect the screen, I have also ordered the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Leather Flip Case:
    BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Leather Flip Case | BlackBerry Folio Cases | ShopCrackBerry
    But, since its a two hand device and I want to taste the satisfaction of keeping it in my hands, I suggest a pouch like this (you can still see the notification led and you may charge it while it is in the pouch):
    Blackberry Passport Silver Edition Leather Pocket Case Crazy Horse Black | eBay

There are also various modifications of this pouch.

Regards, George
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-18-16 08:56 AM
    I am using the Stilgut case on my device. It gives protection as well as the fit and finish is immaculate.

 Passport propelled by 10.3.2.2639
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-18-16 11:00 AM
    I have this Seidio case. I really like it, as it covers the whole phone but doesn't make it too much bulkier than it already is.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Case Solution??-img_20160518_100510.jpg

Attachment 400089

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Case Solution??-img_20160518_100438.jpg   BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Case Solution??-img_20160518_100542.jpg  
    allsportsfan and bbafdad like this.
    05-18-16 12:05 PM
    nice case @SK122387 but:

a) you cannot feel the metal in your hands
    b) it does NOT protect the screen (whole front side).

Mr @IndianTiwari, could you please post some really close-up photos of the Stilgut one?

I assume, that all flip-cover cases are not very convenient when you want to keep the device with both hands.

Thanks, regards, George.
    05-18-16 01:24 PM
    I still wait to receive mine as well.

But, after a lot of reading and watching various videos around, I ordered (along with the phone) the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Leather Flex Shell:
    BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Leather Flex Shell | BlackBerry Hard Cases | ShopCrackBerry
    as there are many times that I want to have it next to me as an "organizer". Nevertheless, since this one does not protect the screen, I have also ordered the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Leather Flip Case:
    BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Leather Flip Case | BlackBerry Folio Cases | ShopCrackBerry
    But, since its a two hand device and I want to taste the satisfaction of keeping it in my hands, I suggest a pouch like this (you can still see the notification led and you may charge it while it is in the pouch):
    Blackberry Passport Silver Edition Leather Pocket Case Crazy Horse Black | eBay

There are also various modifications of this pouch.

Regards, George
    Interesting post here. When I used to have my SE, the above two BlackBerry cases were also the ones I used. The flip case was nice for when making phone calls, because the flip could be closed during a call and protect the screen from smudges, plus it felt nice against the skin. Drawback here, though, was that it's very awkward to pull out of pocket and flip and finally operate with one hand. The leather flex was a very nice minimalist case, I just wish it was grippier.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 02:09 PM
    Seidio in blue.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Case Solution??-20160518132907_img_1958_edit.jpg

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Case Solution??-20160518132934_img_1959_edit.jpg
    bbafdad and allsportsfan like this.
    05-18-16 02:38 PM
    Seidio in blue.
    The problem with such a case, is that u loose all the "magic" of such a phone. It makes it ugly (personal opinion of course).
    05-18-16 02:56 PM
    What I actually need form my case:

1) NOT to be bulky. The original flex seems okay as it is minimal, but it does NOT protect the screen. The SEIDO one is not for my taste as it makes the device ugly (personal opinion).

2) To offer good PROTECTION. The original flip case seems okay, but it is NOT very luxurius. Flip cases such as the stilgut are somewhat bulky in my opinion. In addition, flip cases do not let us keep our device naked thus feel the pure steel.

3) A leather pouch seems okay since it is luxurius, gives the ability to really "feel" your device in your hands, but is rather somewhat impractical as you should always need some time to take out, or put in the device. (there are pouches that let you see the notification led and even charge the device when it is in the pouch.

CONCLUSION: I'm still looking for the ideal case that meets all the criteria.........

I also found this nice pouch, but I think it is only suitable for the original model

Genuine Leather Pouch for Blackberry Passport Q30 Real Leather Case Cover Shell | eBay
    bbafdad and ANONAMOUS16 like this.
    05-18-16 03:19 PM
    What I actually need form my case:

1) NOT to be bulky. The original flex seems okay as it is minimal, but it does NOT protect the screen. The SEIDO one is not for my taste as it makes the device ugly (personal opinion).

2) To offer good PROTECTION. The original flip case seems okay, but it is NOT very luxurius. Flip cases such as the stilgut are somewhat bulky in my opinion. In addition, flip cases do not let us keep our device naked thus feel the pure steel.

3) A leather pouch seems okay since it is luxurius, gives the ability to really "feel" your device in your hands, but is rather somewhat impractical as you should always need some time to take out, or put in the device. (there are pouches that let you see the notification led and even charge the device when it is in the pouch.

CONCLUSION: I'm still looking for the ideal case that meets all the criteria.........

I also found this nice pouch, but I think it is only suitable for the original model

Genuine Leather Pouch for Blackberry Passport Q30 Real Leather Case Cover Shell | eBay
    George, it sounds like you and I have the same dilemma...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 06:23 PM
    I search a case too, I dont have the sim cover on the back of my passport -_-, and im looking for a case that will hide it, can anyone help me on that?
    05-18-16 08:47 PM
    Each one has different tastes, for me it was a question of having a case vs none at all, and there just aren't many options for the Passport. Lately I've been using the passport without a case, even though I'm accident prone it will probably work out, even one handed. The Seidio is very well made, I would have gone for black but I'm tired of opening my backpack and trying to tell a bunch of black devices and cables apart, transparent or dark dusky green would have been more appealing, although it's lined so the transparent options seems harder. In blue it really doesn't look bad at all, and I wouldn't like to be handling dead animal skin anyway. It doesn't add much bulk, any thinner and you'd be talking decals...

The only other option I found is a sleeve made of alcantara suede with a microfibre interior that purportedly cleans the screen of your own face grease every time you take it out, but I'm used to glancing at my phone for the time, weather, date, messages so I don't know if taking the sleeve out each time is practical. The colours seem nice though. That company desperately needs to understand what keywords mean, it's very hard to find their products even though they sell through Amazon!
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-19-16 11:02 AM
    I purchased the $15 leather flex Silver Edition case that was on sale this morning on Shop.CrackBerry.com. I don't have the case, nor do I have the phone, but here's my reasoning, despite the fact that I had initially laughed this case off.

1) I want to feel and see the metal. This gives me the opportunity to still hold the device the way that I normally would, with my hands curving slightly inwards.

2) Only protects the corners. The corners and the screen are the only part I really care the most about. I do still want to have the sides exposed, but I do make accidental drops sometimes, but usually it's not on an edged surface. I'll have a tempered glass installed on it anyways

3) It has a kickstand
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-19-16 11:31 PM
    I purchased the $15 leather flex Silver Edition case that was on sale this morning on Shop.CrackBerry.com. I don't have the case, nor do I have the phone, but here's my reasoning, despite the fact that I had initially laughed this case off.

1) I want to feel and see the metal. This gives me the opportunity to still hold the device the way that I normally would, with my hands curving slightly inwards.

2) Only protects the corners. The corners and the screen are the only part I really care the most about. I do still want to have the sides exposed, but I do make accidental drops sometimes, but usually it's not on an edged surface. I'll have a tempered glass installed on it anyways

3) It has a kickstand
    I have this case for my PP SE and it is excellent. Very minimal with a slim profile and you won't lose the premium metal feel from the device. It's very well made and the kickstand has come in handy on many occasions.
    bbafdad and Michael_Stewart like this.
    05-19-16 11:43 PM
    I'm using the Nillkin Back Cover and also a Flip Cover. I'm very happy with them. My Phone Survived very heavy falls on the Ground.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-20-16 03:17 AM
    I'm using the Nillkin Back Cover and also a Flip Cover. I'm very happy with them. My Phone Survived very heavy falls on the Ground.
    |
    Please, give us some close-up photos of them. Thanks.
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-20-16 09:13 AM
    I very much appreciate that Nillkin has a camera film, I plan on installing one immediately after pulling the phone out of the box. That camera lens for the Silver Edition is sexy, can't risk scratching it.
    05-20-16 08:41 PM
    I will post Later some Pictures of this Two Cases that I have from Nillkin, when I got home. I'm using at the moment the Flip Cover. And the Back Case is at home.

bbafdad likes this.
    05-21-16 09:48 AM
    I will post Later some Pictures of this Two Cases that I have from Nillkin, when I got home. I'm using at the moment the Flip Cover. And the Back Case is at home.

Looking forward to this, can you take a picture of the black case from the top without the sim cover ? I lost my sim cover and would like to see how it looks if you remove the sim cover and put the case, is it possible for you to do this, thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-21-16 11:15 AM
    Looking forward to this, can you take a picture of the black case from the top without the sim cover ? I lost my sim cover and would like to see how it looks if you remove the sim cover and put the case, is it possible for you to do this, thanks

Ok. I will do that for you. But the back is full covered when you don't have the Sim cover any more only on the top it will be Shown a bit. I will post it also for you without Sim Cover

bbafdad likes this.
    05-21-16 11:26 AM
    Ok. I will do that for you. But the back is full covered when you don't have the Sim cover any more only on the top it will be Shown a bit. I will post it also for you without Sim Cover

Thanks!

05-21-16 05:03 PM

Like Requested, Flip Cover and Back Cover without Sim Cover :P

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Case Solution??-20160522_071018_edit.jpg
    BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Case Solution??-20160522_071046_edit.jpg
    BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Case Solution??-20160522_071122_edit.jpg

bbafdad likes this.
    05-21-16 06:37 PM
60 123