I've been entering the CrackBerry contest daily and I think it just became more serious lol. I only see the Silver Edition device for $549 on shopblackberry in the US.

Really can't afford the device with my student loans, but as I've written before... credit cards are lovely. Even the PayPal option... I don't see it listed at all (the bundle). Really liked the leather flex shell look and the flip case as well. Now they want $600 with taxes, etc. just for the device? Anyone else not seeing it anymore?

Now I'll be religiously entering daily (as I have been) for the bundle. I really love the Silver Edition! Sorry if already posted... I'm at work, checked shopblackberry, didn't see it mentioned here. Definitely cannot afford just the device for that price. Not saying that it isn't worth it, but I can't do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 05:17 PM
    It's gone for the US and Canada, as it noted while supplies last. Those interested can still buy it through ShopCrackBerry Canada though - BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition - Unlocked with Warranty - FREE BlackBerry Accessory Bundle! | BlackBerry New | CrackBerry Canada Good luck in the contest!

The Silver Edition from CrackBerry Canada comes with BlackBerry's Limited One Year Warranty and ships free to destinations within Canada. Even those in the United States, who want to get in on this offer, are covered by the warranty. The accessory bundle offer is only valid while the SILVER EDITION is in a pre-order state (and we expect to see units start shipping a little later this month) so don't dilly dally - take advantage of this offer now! Please note, for those in the US and who normally shop in our main ShopCrackBerry store, we do intend to have the Silver Edition Passport available for sale there soon.
    08-12-15 05:32 PM
    I tell you what, you buy the silver edition show me a picture of it and I will mail you the leather flip case for free. My pin is 369_2437

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 05:43 PM
    It's gone for the US and Canada, as it noted while supplies last. Those interested can still buy it through ShopCrackBerry Canada though - BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition - Unlocked with Warranty - FREE BlackBerry Accessory Bundle! | BlackBerry New | CrackBerry Canada Good luck in the contest!
    Thanks!!! :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 07:39 PM
    I tell you what, you buy the silver edition show me a picture of it and I will mail you the leather flip case for free. My pin is 369_2437

Posted via CB10
    Will add you!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 07:39 PM
    Wow that was fast. I wonder if supplies were low or if they sold a lot of phones. On a side note, I've started seeing A LOT of blackberry passport ads on youtube. (we don't have TV service, all stream services w/ high speed Internet so I am not sure if they're advertising on tv).

I hated the flex case at first now I can't take it off!!! The leather flip case is nice but I use the phone too much to flip that thing open every time. As far as the dock, haven't used it once.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 10:36 PM
    It's not sold out. Just tried to buy one and it took me straight to my credit card details so supplies are still plentiful.

 BlackBerry PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-12-15 10:58 PM
    yup looks like the bundles are gone from shopblackberry.com
    08-12-15 11:50 PM
    Wow that was fast. I wonder if supplies were low or if they sold a lot of phones. On a side note, I've started seeing A LOT of blackberry passport ads on youtube. (we don't have TV service, all stream services w/ high speed Internet so I am not sure if they're advertising on tv).

I hated the flex case at first now I can't take it off!!! The leather flip case is nice but I use the phone too much to flip that thing open every time. As far as the dock, haven't used it once.

Posted via CB10
    With Chen it has always been "sold out" only to find out that they sold minimal amounts. Not saying this is necessarily a bad thing for BlackBerry considering TH's inventory disasters, but we now have the complete opposite.

Remember the Passport launch sold out constantly yet they didn't sell nearly as much as predicted. I actually think the low inventory likely hindered sales. The same will be the case if the bundle is actually sold out. Better for the company than losing money on inventory I guess although their handset division isn't profitable at the moment.

Really really stoked about this device just need the funds or add to debt which I'm not too keen on doing. I thought that the bundle definitely justified the price premium for what is essentially a repackaged device from 2014.

Don't get me wrong... I absolutely love it and want one desperately lol. Reading everyone's first impressions show how great the Silver Edition truly is.

Edit: Just thought I'd add my thoughts on pricing. I think the $549 worked OK for the bundles, but the device should be at $499 with the original Passports from September at around $449. That seems fair for a device that is almost a year out now (wow time flies!). The original has sold on shopblackberry for as low as $449 early on with a coupon code and during the holidays last year for $499... plus the more recent coupon codes. I am glad to see a BlackBerry holding value fairly well though.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RLTurn77; 08-13-15 at 12:05 AM.
    08-12-15 11:54 PM
    It's not sold out. Just tried to buy one and it took me straight to my credit card details so supplies are still plentiful.

I'll check again, but believe the device is selling for the same $549 as the bundles were now. No option for the bundle when I checked earlier. Didn't expect this to be the case even with the disclaimer of "while supplies last".

As I wrote above though, I should have expected limited bundles based on the new management's inventory control. Not complaining, was initially surprised to see no more bundles, came straight here and didn't see the "sell out" mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 11:58 PM
    I don't see the bundle any more.

Posted with Z30
    08-13-15 12:01 AM

Talking about the bundles...not the device.
    08-13-15 12:18 AM
    I don't see the bundle any more.

Posted with Z30
    Yup, I've thought about purchasing from CrackBerry before with the Z30 sale from their Canada store, but spoke with someone and was told that the eventual charge on my credit card could be much higher than what's advertised based on conversion at the time as well as the possibility of high custom fees. Wasn't really able to get a number on the custom fees except that they vary and can be much more than expected.

Not sure if the Passport could be the last BlackBerry 10 either (just speculating). If so, I'd really like one because I won't use Android. Just personal preference. BlackBerry will surely grab more customers running Android though I'd assume, but don't think I'll be purchasing any BlackBerry running Android. I'm sure CrackBerry bundles are also limited as well. Think BlackBerry should have kept the bundles in order to get the price their asking. Without the bundle, not sure if I can approach $600 for a (stunning) repackaged Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:19 AM
    Does anybody know if it will be possible to obtain the BlackBerry Passport Silver with a new contract?
    08-13-15 12:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'll join this... I'm keeping the cradle and the flip cover but will gladly send you the flex shell. Pics or it didn't happen per the above poster.... I'll even pay for shipping ;-)... will always support a college student.

2C1B1071

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 01:12 AM
    Yup, I've thought about purchasing from CrackBerry before with the Z30 sale from their Canada store, but spoke with someone and was told that the eventual charge on my credit card could be much higher than what's advertised based on conversion at the time as well as the possibility of high custom fees. Wasn't really able to get a number on the custom fees except that they vary and can be much more than expected.

Not sure if the Passport could be the last BlackBerry 10 either (just speculating). If so, I'd really like one because I won't use Android. Just personal preference. BlackBerry will surely grab more customers running Android though I'd assume, but don't think I'll be purchasing any BlackBerry running Android. I'm sure CrackBerry bundles are also limited as well. Think BlackBerry should have kept the bundles in order to get the price their asking. Without the bundle, not sure if I can approach $600 for a (stunning) repackaged Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Yea guess I was wrong. The bundle is sold out after all so good thing I grabbed it when it was available. The leather flip case I'm currently using cost a ridiculous $60 amount so yeaaa... screw that lol.

08-13-15 01:34 AM
    Does anybody know if it will be possible to obtain the BlackBerry Passport Silver with a new contract?
    It's not a carrier device and likely never will be. Closest you can get on a carrier to it is the ATT version.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 02:20 AM
    Okay, so I have to buy it so....

Thank you!
    08-13-15 04:51 AM
    I'll join this... I'm keeping the cradle and the flip cover but will gladly send you the flex shell. Pics or it didn't happen per the above poster.... I'll even pay for shipping ;-)... will always support a college student.

2C1B1071

Posted via CB10
    Man you guys are killer. This is why CrackBerry is such a great community. I've already been offered the flip case and now the flex shell if I have to order full price without the bundle. I'm seriously considering a few options to get the SE now. We'll see if I can get the money together one way or another.

In reality, it's not much more than one school credit or two... but approaching $600 is a lot for a non-necessity/something I don't really NEED. My only other option is to avoid browsing CB lol. I will add you to my BBM as well. Kinda wishing I just threw it on my credit card on the 4th when it was released. Oh well... the next device will be bought on release day unless it's running Android without a BB10 option!

Appreciate the offers guys! I really don't like "taking" from others as obviously this is a first world problem and nothing more lol. There are definitely others in the world with more serious problems than the fact that the Silver Edition Passport Bundle is sold out :-)

Still appreciate the thoughtfulness and will also add you to BBM. The more the merrier, right?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 05:03 AM
    I hesitated and lost out on the bundle deal in the U.S. Checked out the ShopCrackBerry Canada bundle deal and it indicated that there may be customs fees that could be quite high. Can anyone please give me some input on what I might expect the customs fees to be for shipping the Passport Silver bundle deal to California? Additionally, are there any other disadvantages buying from Canada and having it shipped to U.S.? I do not mind the shipping charge but was thinking more about compatibility of the product with U.S. carriers, product differentiation, etc. Thank you in advance for any help that you may render.
    08-13-15 11:29 AM
    I hesitated and lost out on the bundle deal in the U.S. Checked out the ShopCrackBerry Canada bundle deal and it indicated that there may be customs fees that could be quite high. Can anyone please give me some input on what I might expect the customs fees to be for shipping the Passport Silver bundle deal to California? Additionally, are there any other disadvantages buying from Canada and having it shipped to U.S.? I do not mind the shipping charge but was thinking more about compatibility of the product with U.S. carriers, product differentiation, etc. Thank you in advance for any help that you may render.
    I wouldn't bother if I were you. When I bought the bundle from the US store it cost me roughly $586 if you include shipping and taxes. Adding Canadian custom fees will run you close to $700-750 easy. Might as well buy the SE and the case you want separately and still come ahead.

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-13-15 02:05 PM
    Due to NAFTA there is no duty on any electronics crossing the border. Local state or province sales tax only.

I bought my passport in US when it came out. Picked it up and crossed border. Paid ontario tax and was on my way.

Crackberry bundle @ 649 Can = $496.25 US plus your tax.

So less $100 for accessories Silver $396.

Great deal this is due to exchange right now.

If I where an American I would be scooping these up!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 02:21 PM
    The lady I spoke with during the CrackBerry Z30 sale, being in the US, stated custom fees could vary greatly having the device shipped to the US from Canada. With the exchange it seems like a great deal, but as another poster wrote... could I end up being charged $700 total or something crazy because of customs? Not really sure... just going based on my previous conversation with CrackBerry Canada and seems like taking a huge risk although I'm really kicking myself for not just throwing the Bundle on my credit card the day it was released.

Does BlackBerry always have to underproduce with Chen? lol. Thought I had some time! Love everything about the device, but don't think it should be $549 for just the device at this point. We are approaching the one year mark on the Original Passport, but as always wish BlackBerry the best. If they can sell them for that price more power to them. The Passport has held its value well. With shopblackberry, it now approaches $600 with taxes and shipping for just the SE without accessories.

Edit: Reading the two posts above, there is a huge difference from $500 to $750. The impression I received from CrackBerry was that they couldn't really give me a price for customs and was a risk that wasn't really worth it in the end (never did get the Z30).

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 04:52 PM
    I bought a z30 from CrackBerry a few months ago during a big sale. I live in California. It came a few days later. There was NO duty charged. Not sure if there is a dollar threshold that triggers duty. I paid around $230 US at the time. Smooth process. I could even track the package.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 05:22 PM
    Found this on CB's Store...

We include a free BlackBerry OEM Flex Shell (Black), OEM Flip Shell (Black) and OEM Charging Pod with every pre-ordered unit. Offer ends once the items are in stock. Free accessories valued at over $130!

Don't think it's a pre-order so confused a bit there. Under FAQs, there is a clause that customs vary and are the buyer's responsibility obviously. I guess it's more or less risk/reward. Maybe you'll get hit with fees, maybe not. My only other concern would be if there is an issue with the device initially and the customer is from the US, we'd have to ship back to Canada. Not that this would be expected, but another risk/reward for us in the US. I did ask a while back if there were any plans to offer devices through CrackBerry from the US store and was told that they only plan to sell devices through Canada.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 05:44 PM
41 12