Saw Kevin's video-
    The passport silver edition looks nice and the price is almost same as original passport.
    Aside from the exterior design are there any improvements in terms of hardware?
    Saw in a post that they improved the camera. Really interested to see if its true.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:47 AM
    Hi, I'm interested which part is made from steel and which part is a silver plastic?
    If anyone could answer please.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:59 AM
    Just purchased!!!!

Posted by a BlackBerry Passport
    Supa_Fly1 and brian4591 like this.
    08-04-15 08:02 AM
    You can check the video. The edges and the top are made of silver. And the back is like the leap textured finish...
    The speakers are now situated in the front. Hope they have improved too

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 08:03 AM
    Just purchased!!!!

Posted by a BlackBerry Passport
    Post the improvements of this new phone over her original passport when you get it
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 08:04 AM
    The biggest question is: how much of the "silver" is plastic? Is the whole keyboard/fret/chin plate made of plastic? I'm assuming the speaker grill is plastic a la the Classic and ATT Passport, and of course the sim cover.

But is the bottom part plastic?

I'd argue that the Original Passport is the handsomer device, while the Silver Edition Passport looks a little chintzy. That said, if the build is more durable, and isn't plagued by all the issues of the OG, I'll pick one up.
    08-04-15 08:24 AM
    Its top, edges and bottom are made of steel as per YouTube video made by BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    08-04-15 08:27 AM
    Another question what version of 10.3.2 is it running?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-04-15 08:27 AM
    Don't have time to watch the video right now and haven't seen any mention of this in the articles so figured I'd ask here - am I right in assuming this will not work on Verizon?

TIA!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 08:28 AM
    I seemed to be alone. When the Z10 came out I stated that they should have what we now call a silver edition. I have called for a Porsche style phone at iPhone prices. This is how BlackBerry can compete. Make phones that their owners are proud to display and own. Hopefully the slider will come out with a silver edition from day one.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 08:29 AM
    Don't have time to watch the video right now and haven't seen any mention of this in the articles so figured I'd ask here - am I right in assuming this will not work on Verizon?

TIA!

Posted via CB10
    That's right, just like every other Passport, it's GSM only.
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    08-04-15 08:29 AM
    Its top, edges and bottom are made of steel as per YouTube video made by BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    I've watched every video available. No one comments on the chin of the phone. And why would it be a separate piece?
    08-04-15 08:37 AM
    I've watched every video available. No one comments on the chin of the phone. And why would it be a separate piece?
    I think here they mentioned it -

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 08:40 AM
    They don't mention the material of the frets/keyboard/chin piece. Just the edge frame.
    08-04-15 08:49 AM
    Sorry I am not very familiar with this aspect of the specs. Can anyone tell me if the silver edit can be used with Wind Mobile's network? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 08:49 AM
    Sorry I am not very familiar with this aspect of the specs. Can anyone tell me if the silver edit can be used with Wind Mobile's network? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Everything on the inside is the same as the regular Passport, so yes.

Posted via CB10
    James Blight likes this.
    08-04-15 09:08 AM
    Updating an Icon: Design Q&A on BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition | Inside BlackBerry

This has some great shots, and alludes to the Front, Bottom, and Keyboard Frame as being steel. Good news, but we'll see when it arrives. In fact, near the end, the interviewee outright states that the frets are metal. Awesome.
    08-04-15 09:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Its a GSM phone. It will not work with carriers

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 09:14 AM
    White edition looks better.
    If Silver gets a price slash for
    Black Friday I might consider
    Pulling the trigger,I'm content with
    the white BBP. #dontbelievethehype
    08-04-15 09:15 AM
    Updating an Icon: Design Q&A on BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition | Inside BlackBerry

This has some great shots, and alludes to the Front, Bottom, and Keyboard Frame as being steel. Good news, but we'll see when it arrives. In fact, near the end, the interviewee outright states that the frets are metal. Awesome.
    Thanks for sharing the link. Really an upgrade in terms of built quality

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 09:15 AM
    Still waiting for the Titanium Red Edition.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 09:19 AM
    You will wait a long time..
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-04-15 09:22 AM
    BB trade ins?That would tempt me.It's beautiful
    08-04-15 09:22 AM
    Just placed my order for the silver. I've had the red for two weeks and since I bought it on sbb I was able to return it within 30 days. I'll try and do a side by side comparison of the two when it arrives. I much prefer the squared edges of the original but there's something about the silver that draws me in. Really like the retro round look of the cam. My red arrived in Canada in about one day from the US so I should have a video up by Wednesday, hopefully.
    08-04-15 09:38 AM
    BB trade ins?That would tempt me.It's beautiful
    If Apple can sell refurbished laptops at huge discounts with OEM 1 year warranties...hopefully BlackBerry does the same. Yes they're refurbished, which may or may not have some scratches (three of my clients bought their MacBook Pros this route and saved some serious money and all three look near mint condition)

Having said that...a trade in policy would allow us current Passport owners to upgrade and our exchanged devices to cleaned, inspected and resold at a huge discount with a new 1 year warranty for those wanting the Passport but at an extremely affordable price.

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    08-04-15 09:46 AM
44 12