Hello,

I dont know if its something with blackberry's or me..

I bought a 9300 ,compared it with my friends they had better batter..
    then, i went for 9790 it was good but had an accident i lost it..
    then came, Q5 for my friends it used to last a whole day for me half than their battery life..

NOW, after seeing the BB Passport, i wanted to get it because of batter life and the design it just looks amazing.

well, being a loyal BlackBerry user I want to ask my fellow users if they are having the same issue.

I travel 240 KM's a day , ( my college is 120 KM from my house then back to my home takes another 120KM.) one way trip is around 50 minutes. anyways, when I left home my mobile was 87 % charged, now i checked it it shows 79% and in device monitor it says 1 hour 31 minutes since last charge.
    so its like 8 % down in 1 hour and 31 minutes while the mobile was idle, as i didnt even use it just for a call of max 2 minutes. ( i use Samsung as my music player so yea.) its really annoying as its just my 2nd day with passport and its giving me this issue !!

Some details about my Device :
    2 email accounts ( Manual sync)
    1 facebook
    BBM
    whatsapp.

thats what I use mostly. I am afraid of downloading any applications as it will help my battery drain faster. I dont have apps installed yet.

Can anyone guide me with this please?.

Sorry for such a long thread, i just cant wait for this device to be fixed and give me a good time with the battery .

Thank You.
    05-05-15 10:51 PM
    ** one more thing.. the emails load them self, like when i get a message on bbm or text, i open to check my i can see that there is a new email, does that mean that its automatically sync?. if yes , how do i off it.
    05-05-15 10:59 PM
    It is probably being pushed
    I don't see what the problem is though. Smart phones eat through batteries, it's simple as that
    If your friend has the same phone but far better battery life, then it's simply a user problem. Figure out what you're doing differently
    hyper878 likes this.
    05-05-15 11:07 PM
    Travelling can eat battery.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and hyper878 like this.
    05-05-15 11:10 PM
    Travelling through areas with weak signal?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:21 PM
    In the 'Device Monitor', see what constitutes the highest battery usage then compare it (them) with your friends' usage... chances are, you can easily determine what causing your battery to discharge easily...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:29 PM
    Just a suggestion : Try turning WiFi off when leaving home

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and hyper878 like this.
    05-05-15 11:38 PM
    Also this is only the 2nd day. Let your phone settle in for like a week and then see the battery life.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2243
    05-05-15 11:55 PM
    If you have recently updated your OS, battery drain is usually noted for the first 2 days in my experience. Wait for the new OS to settle and you'll be happy. And don't rely on the Device Monitor saying like 8 hours left. That's just an estimate depending on how early you charge your phone. Charging it when you have remaining 50% versus at 10%, will give you shorter estimates. But if you actually use it, it's a lot longer than that. Enjoy the Passport!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    hyper878 likes this.
    05-06-15 12:04 AM
    It is probably being pushed
    I don't see what the problem is though. Smart phones eat through batteries, it's simple as that
    If your friend has the same phone but far better battery life, then it's simply a user problem. Figure out what you're doing differently
    I am the only one with Passport and blackberry actually, most of them have now shifted to HTC Samsung. but it shouldnt eat that much battery...
    05-06-15 12:06 AM
    Travelling can eat battery.

Posted via CB10
    well, it should eat my battery not my phones .
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-06-15 12:06 AM
    Travelling through areas with weak signal?

Posted via CB10
    Nop, the signal is good. its from Sharjah to Fujairah ( United Arab Emirates)
    05-06-15 12:07 AM
    In the 'Device Monitor', see what constitutes the highest battery usage then compare it (them) with your friends' usage... chances are, you can easily determine what causing your battery to discharge easily...

Posted via CB10
    I clicked since last charge,
    system 4.8%
    Display 3.2% (display brightness is set to the minium)
    Pim 1.7%
    standby 1.4%
    and there are others in 0.7 etc.
    05-06-15 12:08 AM
    Just a suggestion : Try turning WiFi off when leaving home

Posted via CB10
    thats the first thing i do when i sit in my car.
    05-06-15 12:08 AM
    ** another thingto add , I am using it on 2G.. cant risk using 3G or 4 cause of battery life.

Should i shift to 3 or 4 g?.
    05-06-15 12:10 AM
    I would try turning off the mobile network while driving if you're going in and out of coverage zones.

BB10 phones, from my experiences, have issues with weak signals causing the battery to drain.

For example, sometimes I am working in a massive thick concrete building and my phone drains battery quite fast. Other days when I'm outside or in a different Area, the battery life is superb. Both of scenarios with similar usage.

Posted via CB10
    lmsilvam likes this.
    05-06-15 12:41 AM
    ** another thingto add , I am using it on 2G.. cant risk using 3G or 4 cause of battery life.

Should i shift to 3 or 4 g?.
    I have had my passport from the start wfi on all the time 4g on all the time ...............no problems here as somebody has already said give it a week for the battery to settle and don't forget that you may be just using it a bit more because its new
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-06-15 12:43 AM
    Something's running that is killing your battery (I think). Check device monitor and if you have android apps, kill them all. Turn on battery saver. It helps a lot. I use battery saver and i have like 70% battery life left at end of day with moderate use (wifi at the office) and 3G when out.
    05-06-15 01:41 AM
    Check the email accounts. Uncheck push and set sync interval on 1 hour. Maybe that will solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:01 AM
    I would try turning off the mobile network while driving if you're going in and out of coverage zones.

BB10 phones, from my experiences, have issues with weak signals causing the battery to drain.

For example, sometimes I am working in a massive thick concrete building and my phone drains battery quite fast. Other days when I'm outside or in a different Area, the battery life is superb. Both of scenarios with similar usage.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I will try that.

Another thing. I always fancy a silicon back case for my mobile phones to prevent any damage to them incase they fall or anything. Is this effecting aswell? I don't know why but I believe it acts as a barrier?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:22 AM
    Checked em all. No apps atall not even from BlackBerry world

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:23 AM
    That's one answer to my worries! Thanks buddy

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:23 AM
    If I use this charger is it okay?
    Blackberry Passport Serious Issue.-img_20150506_100828.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:25 AM
    From your device monitor it doesn't seem like anything is excessively draining your battery. We have 3 Passports in the house.

I'll use my mom's as an example. She has WiFi always on, Bluetooth always on, 1 email set at the default sync (30 minutes), Facebook, along with igrann, and a bunch of Android apps including Fitbit which she syncs multiple times a day and weight watchers which she uses every day. Pinterest and all other apps used on occasion as well.

She charges the Passport at night and coming from a Z10 I convinced her to only charge every other night. After taking the device off of the charger, by the end of the first day she is around 75% and by the end of the second day before charging at night the battery is usually around or below 50%. Screen is set to whatever the default is and Battery Saving Mode Is set to default (doesn't go on until 20%). Her phone never gets that low so it never activates.

On the weekends with higher usage she'll lose 30-40% every 24 hours so off the charger Saturday morning and by Sunday night she'll be close to 20%. I used her as an example as she leaves WiFi on, Bluetooth on, email syncs automatically, uses Facebook and gets a bunch of notifications throughout the day, and uses multiple apps including Android apps.

If the phone is new and you just updated it recently do a "hard reboot" by holding the volume up key and the volume down key at the same time until you see the BlackBerry logo screen then let go. This will take a screen shot, but just delete after the phone restarts. After doing that and letting the OS settle, you could post a screen shot of your device monitor and provide a list of apps installed. I know that the Kindle app does not play well and I believe Ebay drains the battery significantly.

As for my device, I have two emails that sync every half hour which is the stock sync and no social media. Mostly browse and play music on the Passport. Right now my device monitor when minimized says my
    "Average Battery Life" is 2 days 20 hours. "Battery Time Remaining" is 3 days (just took it off of the charger). My screen is also set to default.

The Passport battery is so good there is no need to dim the screen or change the settings. Used my mom as an example because of her usage, apps, and social media. My battery life is better than hers. Anyway, that's my experience and suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    hyper878 likes this.
    05-06-15 02:28 AM
    If I use this charger is it okay?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150506_100828.jpg 
Views:	1457 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	351402

Posted via CB10
    What is the output listed at? I charge my Passport with the 850mah charger from the Z30 without issue. The Passport comes with a 1300mah output charger which is more than adequate.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    05-06-15 02:30 AM
73 123