Anyone got any good tips for Passport?

Just got one as a backup for my Porsche Design, gotta say I prefer it

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 05:44 PM
    i have a tip you may not like since bb is deciding to not support bb10 much longer return it and get a refund and enjoy the time thats left with your porsche
    01-21-16 10:11 PM
    i have a tip you may not like since bb is deciding to not support bb10 much longer return it and get a refund and enjoy the time thats left with your porsche
    My tip is to ignore comments like the one above.

BlackBerry has *not* decided to stop supporting BlackBerry 10. They have said that 10.3 and 10.4 will be released.

What people are worried about is the app situation, which has been bleak for a while now, long before I bought my Classic last May, and Passport Silver Edition in August. If you bought a BlackBerry 10 phone for apps, you've bought the wrong phone haha. But if you bought it for the messaging and phone aspects, you've made a great choice.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 10:26 PM
    that's fine to ignore but its just a reality look at the simplest apps installed on your device and how long does it take to get the simplest update. there's some apps on my classic that haven't gotten an update since Ive had it.

the pp is the best bb phone without a doubt and its a shame that it has such little time left in it when if taken care of it can be a great phone for years to come
    01-21-16 10:33 PM

BlackBerry has *not* decided to stop supporting BlackBerry 10. They have said that 10.3 and 10.4 will be released.

What people are worried about is the app situation, which has been bleak for a while now, long before I bought my Classic last May, and Passport Silver Edition in August. If you bought a BlackBerry 10 phone for apps, you've bought the wrong phone haha. But if you bought it for the messaging and phone aspects, you've made a great choice.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree more, pal.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 10:58 PM
    Anyone got any good tips for Passport?

Just got one as a backup for my Porsche Design, gotta say I prefer it

Posted via CB10
    I've used the passport SE for a month. Here is a good tip for you: don't be dissapointed if the display is raised.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 12:00 AM
    that's fine to ignore but its just a reality look at the simplest apps installed on your device and how long does it take to get the simplest update. there's some apps on my classic that haven't gotten an update since Ive had it.

the pp is the best bb phone without a doubt and its a shame that it has such little time left in it when if taken care of it can be a great phone for years to come
    Like I said, if you bought into BlackBerry 10 for apps and steady updates, you bought into the wrong platform, and honestly should have done your homework before spending your money and complaining.

I'm not disputing the lack of apps or their updates.

I'm disputing your assertion that BlackBerry has abandoned BlackBerry 10, which simply isn't true.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 01:03 AM
    Buy a sync pad. It's a great accessory for PP SE. At home or office you can connect to your desktop comp, use PP SE with Blend on the desktop comp and get extra charge time. I almost never use charger because I use it this way.

Press U then press enter to unlock device.

Don't be .... to sit on it while in your pants repeatedly and cry after because screen has lifted. Take it out before you sit and put it back after, it's not so hard and by doing so you can show The Blackberry Passport Silver Edition to everyone you are with

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 01:44 AM
    Press k to lock it! B for botom and t for top when you are in app/browser! You can assign shortcuts for everything you need, contacts,app! I have bought a sinq pod and a leather flip case to protect my precious from accidentally drops and cold this winter!

Posted via CB10
    kekos and texn884 like this.
    01-22-16 02:50 AM
    One thing I did not like about my SE was the protruding lens. Couldn't put it down on my desk and type on it. I bought the DGtle back cover (8 bucks on Amazon) and BOOM! Problem solved. The cover also protects the corners and makes the phone a bit "sticky" so less likely to slip out of your hand. Seriously, the cover actually helps with one hand typing. Try it. If you don't like it (which I doubt will happen) you've only lost $8.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 10:30 AM
    U to unlock, k to lock, t for top, b for bottom, c to compose, P for previous, N for next , long press P for phone, A for contacts, B for browser, R for clock, M for hub, T for task, Q for profile notifications and so on.
    Here's a nifty one when your in the browser lay one finger on the keyboard and scroll down on keyboard with the other finger and to zoom in, scroll up to zoom out.

BlackBerry 10 or nothing!
    Last edited by dphjeff; 01-22-16 at 11:52 AM.
    kekos and Andres Reyes2 like this.
    01-22-16 11:17 AM
    I have really started using the Q key shortcut for "silent" or quiet mode whatever.
    And long pressing it again returns it to "normal"

Great for meetings etc

Also U for unlock

And one I use is swipe down on keyboard whilst typing text to show numbers and symbols VKB

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    kekos likes this.
    01-22-16 12:36 PM
    There's always one on every post

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 03:18 PM
    I wish there was a block option at CB SO I could ad you to it with a furious speed from a short cut programmed on my BB10 phone.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    01-22-16 03:24 PM
    Like I said, if you bought into BlackBerry 10 for apps and steady updates, you bought into the wrong platform, and honestly should have done your homework before spending your money and complaining.

I'm not disputing the lack of apps or their updates.

I'm disputing your assertion that BlackBerry has abandoned BlackBerry 10, which simply isn't true.

Posted via CB10
    forget all the useless apps where are the useful business apps where are apps for popular banks how does a "business" phone not have these essentials to begin with
    01-22-16 03:29 PM
    There's always one on every post

Posted via CB10
    why so uptight its only the truth i sure as heck wouldnt buy anything from shop bb id rather support a local shop than to give bb anymore money
    01-22-16 03:31 PM
    I'm not complaining...I don't see anyone else complaining either

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 03:31 PM
    What is the equivalent ALT-R for refresh on the Passport? I'd would like to refresh the article using the physical keyboard. On CrackBerry app, it's ALT-R. Thanks.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    01-22-16 03:34 PM
    I wish there was a block option at CB SO I could ad you to it with a furious speed from a short cut programmed on my BB10 phone.

glad you wasted your time you could have just simply not replied then you wouldnt have to wish for anything
    01-22-16 03:35 PM

I second that wish.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 03:36 PM
    I second that wish.

Posted via CB10
    i dont understand why you guys get so hurt its just simple facts bb isnt making money with their bb hardware, their sales stink, the appstore is atrocious i knew all this years ago when i got my z10,z30,q10,passport,classic hence they turned to android to see if they can make any kind of money which is why buying a bb10 device from them at this point is useless
    01-22-16 03:41 PM
    I'm not hurt. I like all my handsets, I love bb10 and I enjoy using my P'9981 every now and again. I just enjoy not conforming and having an iPhone like all the sheep

Posted via CB10
    canjay likes this.
    01-22-16 03:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Perfect comment!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-22-16 03:44 PM
    I'm not hurt. I like all my handsets, I love bb10 and I enjoy using my P'9981 every now and again. I just enjoy not conforming and having an iPhone like all the sheep

Posted via CB10
    and i do too i love all the bb10 devices i have had and have now im just saying that this late in the game it might not be worth it to get anything from shopbb being that these phones wont be supported for years to come
    01-22-16 03:51 PM
    I even got a Z3 just to have a play. Cheap and cheerful

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 03:52 PM
31 12