Back in April, I finally picked up an AT&T Blackberry Passport. I wrote a short review here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11583731

After the review, I returned my AT&T version for the Red Passport, and used it up until the Silver Edition was released. So I quickly snatched up a new SE, and sold off my Red Passport.

The Passport SE has exceeded my expectations. I also continue to be amazed with my Passport.

As I mentioned in April, I have been through the entire gamut of phones and devices. It was fairly normal for me to switch devices once a month, sometimes twice a month. I could never settle in on one device. With the Passport, I have been settled in for 5 months, and am happy as ever with my mobile device.

A few of my favorite Passport/OS 10 features:

Keyboard: Wow, I really struggled with the Passports keyboard when I first switched. It took me two weeks to transition from a virtual keyboard to the BB. Now, 5 months later, I can�t even use my wife�s iPhone. (Yes, she is switching to BB soon). The precision of typing on a real keyboard is wonderful. The keyboard short cuts are major time savers, and only add to the overall experience. The ability to scroll with the keyboard is pure genius. This scrolling method instantly becomes second nature. Nothing compares to the BB keyboard. It�s funny how Samsung is now offering a keyboard solution for the Note Series of phones.

Blackberry Hub: As mentioned in my first review, my day consists of getting bombarded with emails, text messages and phone calls. iOS, WP, and Android work fine for texting and receiving less than 10 emails a day. If your any kind of professional, the Blackberry Hub help you stay organized, and manage your communications from one spot. The Hub simplifies my day, and allows me to stay organized.

Working Wide: As with the keyboard, the screen size caught me off guard at first. Now I am in love with the wide screen, and I actually put my tablet in the drawer. When I get reports or PDF emailed to me, I can actually see the reports, and easily view them. Additionally, 95% of my browsing is down via my PP. The DPI on the Passport is 450+. It's as clear of a screen as I have ever seen. Impressive.

BB Email: Clearly this is one of BB�s best features. For anyone who lives in their email will appreciate Blackberry�s ability to open attachments, any attachment, quickly and easily. This is the only way to roll. iOS, WP and Android are still in the 90�s when it comes to an email client that is as simple and functional as this. The ability to quickly and easily set up my email accounts, including my work Exchange Server was almost too easy. With BB email, coupled with the Hub, I feel back in control and organized. Thank you BB.

Apps: I�m not a big app guy. I am pretty easy to please in this department: Dunkin, Starbucks, Nest, CBS Fantasy Football, Games, etc. I really never understood the desire to have 100 apps on my phone. My wife�s phone is cluttered with useless apps. The useful built-in apps, BBM, Weather, Remember, Facebook, Twitter, Maps, Calendar, Clock, I use heavily, and enjoy.

Battery Life: I am off the charger from 4am to 10pm every day. By 10pm, I average from 20% to 30% remaining depending on how much I surf, or how many phone calls I get a day. If I get 50+ calls, and surf heavily, I have been as low as 5%. I know firsthand, no other phone�s battery can handle my usage for that time frame without a charge. Battery life is nothing short of impressive!!

Blackberry Blend: I am in and out of the office, and between meetings all day. To have the ability stay integrated between by computer, and phone is so cool. This is like having the BB Hib on your desktop. I can be sitting in a meeting taking notes on my computer, and respond to a text, a BBM, or an email. Transferring files is also quick and easy. Blend also works on Windows and Mac, and tablets.
    I know many people are coming onto this forum looking to switch platforms. All I can say is the choice is really simple. The Blackberry Passport rocks!! You are truly missing out if you don�t try a Passport.

John
    09-03-15 06:54 AM
    What an excellent review. I feel the same way. Good job OP!!
    davemarshthe3rd likes this.
    09-03-15 07:08 AM
    Yeah, over here i also get 'bored, pretty fast by phones.
    After a few weeks i always feel the need for something new...not with the passport

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 07:15 AM
    some people here reported to be unhappy with the SE's keyboard, compared with the OG. Some also complain about a plasticky and lower quality feel of the SE. Also compared to the OG.
    How do you see that?
    09-03-15 07:16 AM
    It is indeed a truly amazing device and the best decision I ever made regarding a phone.
    09-03-15 07:31 AM
    some people here reported to be unhappy with the SE's keyboard, compared with the OG. Some also complain about a plasticky and lower quality feel of the SE. Also compared to the OG.
    How do you see that?
    The keyboard vs OG. For keys are slightly easier to press. It's not like the keys are spongy. They simply have a little less resistance. I can fly on the keyboard now.
    The lower quality feel is hogwash. When you pick up the PP SE it feels solid and at no time do you feel like there is plastic in the mix. When I pick-up my friends Note 5 it feels like plastic, not as bad as his old Note 4, but not solid like the PP SE. The phone a really just a beautiful looking and feeling phone.

JOHN
    newcollector and gnirkatto like this.
    09-03-15 07:37 AM
    How soon will your wife switch?

Posted via CA Governor's BlackBerry Passport SE
    09-04-15 01:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 03:39 PM
    The keyboard vs OG. For keys are slightly easier to press. It's not like the keys are spongy. They simply have a little less resistance. I can fly on the keyboard now.
    The lower quality feel is hogwash. When you pick up the PP SE it feels solid and at no time do you feel like there is plastic in the mix. When I pick-up my friends Note 5 it feels like plastic, not as bad as his old Note 4, but not solid like the PP SE. The phone a really just a beautiful looking and feeling phone.

JOHN
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 12:31 AM
    I have bought myself after 11 months a fresh new passport SE because not working wide seems not good and with a 16:9 phone you can turn the screen but it's not the same.

I really love to read articles from newspaper and backgrounds. I also like to stream music or use my phone for that.

Apps are easy to find like banking, spotify and more as Android apk file but beware only install necessary apps and apps from trusted companies. Do not install apps to have apps and never install a game that is free. Why you ask? You see the permission in apps and how do they store this.

But overall Passport is good, speedy,very good screen and no full touchreen for me at the moment or it must be a full touchscreen passport. It will be like a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 01:32 AM
    I also switch phones all the time. The passport SE is probably the most unique phone I've had so far. It won't stop me from getting another because now I want a classic!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 06:52 AM
    How soon will your wife switch?

I am guessing within a week.

Posted via CA Governor's BlackBerry Passport SE
    09-05-15 08:24 AM
    Excellent review! Keep it up! This is all about BlackBerry! Keep on moving, productivity, security, reliability, integrity.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 08:40 AM
    Excellent Review. I too have the SE Passport, and I cannot think of another device that could do more than what this device does for me. Blend is the icing on the cake for me when it comes to productivity. I'm so used to working wide that I cannot picture myself ever going back to a slab device.
    Always good to read reviews like this.
    ashwanikc likes this.
    09-05-15 09:36 AM