I have got my new passport few days back and from past 2 days it reboot itself anytime no matters which app I am in be it whatsapp bbm hub or CB10 and it takes less time to reboot during this process than restarting it manually.. and after rebooting home screen shows all apps that were open at that time. I have not downloaded any apps other than whatsapp and cb10 no snap no android app.. I don't know what might be problem and I have already tried wiping it but no solution.. any help regarding it guys
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

Posted via awesome Passport
    01-31-15 12:41 AM
    I too have the same problem. No idea why? I don't have any dodgy Apps either.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 02:39 AM
    If u get a solution help me out too
    Cheers

01-31-15 03:24 AM
    have same issue, hope 10.3.1 update fixes this problem
    01-31-15 03:49 AM
    I am also hoping for update to ratify the problem

01-31-15 04:14 AM
    Im on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072 ive never had that problem.

I think you guys should do a full backup with BlackBerry link and to a phone software reload.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 04:27 AM
    Is security wipe different from reload through link??? And what cud cause this problem as I have just 2 apps whatsapp and cb10

01-31-15 04:37 AM
    Is security wipe different from reload through link??? And what cud cause this problem as I have just 2 apps whatsapp and cb10

I think a reload does more than a security wipe. It basically reload a complete OS direct from blackberry.

A security wipe just wipes your device.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 06:03 AM
    Reload os downloads whole lot of software update thats more than 1 gb data and here network sucks and disconnect after ever 500 mb of data and it just disconnects from BlackBerry server and no option of pausing or resuming I dont wana brick my passport if it stucks.. I will wait for update and see what happens and then I can get to service centre and they can reload if problem persists..

01-31-15 07:00 AM
    Reload os downloads whole lot of software update thats more than 1 gb data and here network sucks and disconnect after ever 500 mb of data and it just disconnects from BlackBerry server and no option of pausing or resuming I dont wana brick my passport if it stucks.. I will wait for update and see what happens and then I can get to service centre and they can reload if problem persists..

I believe BlackBerry link will try to download everything first before it starts the reload process but then again do what yyou think is best.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 08:43 AM
    I have got my new passport few days back and from past 2 days it reboot itself anytime no matters which app I am in be it whatsapp bbm hub or CB10 and it takes less time to reboot during this process than restarting it manually.. and after rebooting home screen shows all apps that were open at that time. I have not downloaded any apps other than whatsapp and cb10 no snap no android app.. I don't know what might be problem and I have already tried wiping it but no solution.. any help regarding it guys

Maybe a bad MicroSD card? Have you tried taking it out and running your Passport without it?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 09:16 AM
    No through link also BlackBerry goes into green light and switches off so I guess its downloading on phone at same time..

01-31-15 09:16 AM
    Try downloading an autoloader file from the OS leak forum. I would start with the latest 10.3.0.1418 rather than one of the 10.3.1 leaks. These files are hosted on sites that probably support download resumes. You will need a Windows PC to install an autoloader.

What OS is currently on your phone?

This thread has a link to all the OS files:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/
    01-31-15 09:46 AM
    I had the same problem, discussed on other threads here, definitely software related...once new versions of link were downloaded to my PC and latest versions of Blend updated on PC and Passport mine has been totally stable for the past month or more under heavy use...whereas it was rebooting a few times a week under a bunch of different circumstances. Don't know exactly what fixed it, just know it's amazing and perfect now!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 09:50 AM
    Try downloading an autoloader file from the OS leak forum. I would start with the latest 10.3.0.1418 rather than one of the 10.3.1 leaks. These files are hosted on sites that probably support download resumes. You will need a Windows PC to install an autoloader.

What OS is currently on your phone?

This thread has a link to all the OS files:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/
    I just removed my sd card and formatted it and then swiped BlackBerry now lets see how it goes and I m nt putting card back in again..
    Its latest version according to my phone

Posted via my awesome Passport
    01-31-15 11:05 AM
    I had the same problem, discussed on other threads here, definitely software related...once new versions of link were downloaded to my PC and latest versions of Blend updated on PC and Passport mine has been totally stable for the past month or more under heavy use...whereas it was rebooting a few times a week under a bunch of different circumstances. Don't know exactly what fixed it, just know it's amazing and perfect now!

Posted via CB10
    I have current blend and link which I downloaded dis week only unless and update been pushed by blackberry

01-31-15 11:06 AM
    As far as unwanted reboots are concerned, I had some experience with this after loading some apps from Amazon. I eventually deleted them but stick with TripIt and Pulse. No further reboots since then.

So I suggest to remove loaded apps and wait if the reboot recurr. If so, go on and delete the next in line.

The issue might be caused by the VM so it's up to Waterloo to fix it. But until then, trying to find the app that cause the reboot and remove it might be the band-aid.

FWIW

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 02:47 PM
    As far as unwanted reboots are concerned, I had some experience with this after loading some apps from Amazon. I eventually deleted them but stick with TripIt and Pulse. No further reboots since then.

So I suggest to remove loaded apps and wait if the reboot recurr. If so, go on and delete the next in line.

The issue might be caused by the VM so it's up to Waterloo to fix it. But until then, trying to find the app that cause the reboot and remove it might be the band-aid.

FWIW

Posted via CB10
    I just had 2 apps whatsapp and cb10 nothing else no android apps nothing.. its been allright since I removed the sd card.. lets see how it goes since I have been sleeping and not using phone so if it doesnt reboot today then problem might be caused by sd card..

02-01-15 12:09 AM
    It rebooted itself again just now

02-01-15 01:09 AM
    I contacted blackberry help also but as usual they gave me ticket number and assured of contacting back but looks like their assurance means nothing

02-01-15 01:11 AM
    Since morning it has rebooted only once though..

02-01-15 05:27 AM
    I've never experienced a spontaneous reboot of my passport, that would be so frustrating for me.

I did upgrade the OS on my passport to the latest leak as soon as I got it. My Autoloader process is below.

Turn on Airplane Mode
    Backup with Link
    Backup Contacts using ContactX
    Backup SMS with SMSBackup
    Load Autoloader
    Security Wipe
    Load same Autoloader over the top
    Restore Link Backup
    Turn off Airplane Mode

If Restore causes problems then Security Wipe and Load same Autoloader over the top again
    Restore Contacts
    Restore SMS

Now that there I'd a Blitz Package I would recommend that.

T-Mobile  SQW100-1 Passport running Autoloaded 10.3.1.2072.
    02-01-15 07:27 AM
    I am hoping that new update will fix this if not then service centre which I dont wana go

02-01-15 07:38 AM
    This is a hardware issue and will most likely require a replacement under warranty. If you purchased from carrier please return it ASAP and if from shop BlackBerry or amazon US you need to contact BlackBerry. Amazon ca purchases have to contact Amazon. Ca. I tried every available software update option, sic wipe, autoload, blitz, and nothing worked. BlackBerry themselves said it's a hardware issue so I finally give up trying. This was a known issue on early Z10s as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 08:01 AM
    This is a hardware issue and will most likely require a replacement under warranty. If you purchased from carrier please return it ASAP and if from shop BlackBerry or amazon US you need to contact BlackBerry. Amazon ca purchases have to contact Amazon. Ca. I tried every available software update option, sic wipe, autoload, blitz, and nothing worked. BlackBerry themselves said it's a hardware issue so I finally give up trying. This was a known issue on early Z10s as well.

Posted via CB10
    I am from India so lets see how it goes after update 1 year warranty is long warranty
    02-01-15 08:26 AM
35 12