If you are heavy reader like me, Passport is great device for you. I don't use Kindle much but use Kobo app & PDF reader a lot. Love square screen for reading.
    For Office, I use Document To Go & Office Suite Pro from Amazon. Passport Keyboard is pleasure to use once get used to flick to enter & swipe to delete.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 07:23 PM
    Thanks to all of you who replied much appreciated 😊

So basically Docs to Go is on par or slightly better than One Note on Windows Phone because I use that alot for drafting articles.

From what Ive seen on reviews the reading mode is really when you are reading long articles from web which I do occasionally.

Looking forward to test driving this device if only I can get it in a store might have to go out of town for that lol. Nothing beats real life experience.

If I get the Passport it will when my contract ends in Summer and it will be on with better deals to buy. Gotta admit even though its weird looking at first the Passport oozes quality and premium looks everywhere (there are even some amazing cases for it on Amazon)

P.S sorry somehow my thanks button is disabled so I couldn't thank every post individually.
    02-15-15 01:43 AM
    Yes, reading mode is for web text. There's also a Pocket client app called ReadItNow, which I use a lot. It's a way of saving links to web articles and reading them in an eyeball-friendly format.

You can also use Evernote for banging out draft text, which you can later paste into Word for polishing.
    shoaib shah likes this.
    02-15-15 10:09 AM
    Thanks to all of you who replied much appreciated ��

So basically Docs to Go is on par or slightly better than One Note on Windows Phone because I use that alot for drafting articles.

From what Ive seen on reviews the reading mode is really when you are reading long articles from web which I do occasionally.

Looking forward to test driving this device if only I can get it in a store might have to go out of town for that lol. Nothing beats real life experience.

If I get the Passport it will when my contract ends in Summer and it will be on with better deals to buy. Gotta admit even though its weird looking at first the Passport oozes quality and premium looks everywhere (there are even some amazing cases for it on Amazon)

P.S sorry somehow my thanks button is disabled so I couldn't thank every post individually.
    If and when you get the Passport, I'll second much of what's been said. And I'll add a suggestion. Search the forum for "Cobalt Play store", download the files to your phone, and follow the installation and setup instructions to the letter. Then buy and install Docs to Go for Android. It handles MS file formats and does a great job of using Google Drive. And, of course, there's Evernote for your research.
    shoaib shah likes this.
    02-15-15 12:47 PM
    If and when you get the Passport, I'll second much of what's been said. And I'll add a suggestion. Search the forum for "Cobalt Play store", download the files to your phone, and follow the installation and setup instructions to the letter. Then buy and install Docs to Go for Android. It handles MS file formats and does a great job of using Google Drive. And, of course, there's Evernote for your research.
    I'll keep that in mind cheers
    02-15-15 02:43 PM
    Definitely! That's what this device is made for! I suggest you to go for it. :-D
    shoaib shah likes this.
    02-15-15 04:39 PM
    How is Docs to Go at handling Non Latin languages such as Chinese and Arabic on the Blackberry Passport? Do the characters show up well when typing and editing in these languages?
    02-16-15 08:47 AM
    Still love my kindle app on the iPad Air 2 with Bridge. Sometimes I use the kindle app on the Passport by itself..it all depends.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 09:10 AM
    How is Docs to Go at handling Non Latin languages such as Chinese and Arabic on the Blackberry Passport? Do the characters show up well when typing and editing in these languages?
    Yes, no problem there.

The keyboard works the best when typing in English, for me. When I switch to Chinese the typing speed slows down a bit because the word suggestion and correction become less efficient.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    shoaib shah likes this.
    02-16-15 09:28 AM
    Still love my kindle app on the iPad Air 2 with Bridge(I mean blend). Sometimes I use the kindle app on the Passport by itself..it all depends.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 09:44 AM
35 12