Tried unsuccessful to sell my device for �240 on eBay.. its only 3 months old and in pristine condition, yet I was offered �140!!! That price for my BlackBerry Passport!!! Never.

Because of the steps that BlackBerry are now taking in respect of their transition to Android. This has made a device that is super fast, efficient and durable being reduced to nothing but a soon to be EOL dud! And as such, sale of said device is seeming ridiculous!!

Thanks BlackBerry. :-(

But, I tell you what... in not in need of the cash or am I in desperate need to be rid of this phone, so i'll just hang on to it until it becomes a true iconic fashion icon that it deserves to be.

The day when everyone has a phone that just looks the same.. the day when security and privacy are a key requirement for a user.. the day when they realise that their information and privacy are being slowly taken away from them, and they are just being rewarded or dumd down with mindless and insignificant things and then they will ask for change..but, by then it will be too late as all phones will now have been converted to data mines.. i'll be there rocking my once great and now resurrected BlackBerry Passport.

Well, all that is my own demented thoughts as to why I'm sticking with my BlackBerry Passport to the end...I even if for now it means it will be placed in my sock draw or draw of gadgets.

:-)

Posted via CB10 (PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2789)
    02-04-16 07:38 AM
    Considering you were in the process of selling it, unless you were opting to get another BB10 device, isn't the whole side story a contradiction.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 07:45 AM
    Considering you were in the process of selling it, unless you were opting to get another BB10 device, isn't the whole side story a contradiction.

Posted via CB10
    Good statement. And thanks for pointing that out.

I was in process of selling as I found the size too much for me to handle. I was going to go back to my BlackBerry Classic. However, as its not saleable under this current market... and then my whole story goes on.

Is that now clear?

02-04-16 08:02 AM
    Good statement. And thanks for pointing that out.

I was in process of selling as I found the size too much for me to handle. I was going to go back to my BlackBerry Classic. However, as its not saleable under this current market... and then my whole story goes on.

Is that now clear?

It is, but I still don't feel as though you're being real with yourself if you think using a BlackBerry makes you any more secure than using any other device but I digress. To each their own. Have you tried the CB marketplace?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 08:08 AM
    Check your photos, the way you listed it etc I've sold passports on ebay with no issues. Depending on condition how old where purchased boxed etc commands what price you should get.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 09:27 AM
    I wouldn't take one if it was free.

Too big, too bulky and generally not pleasant to hold.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 09:32 AM
    I tried to sell mine for a few months now and all I got was very low offers and some scammers trying to call me...so eventually I gave up on selling it...

Mia San Mia!
    02-04-16 10:03 AM
    It is, but I still don't feel as though you're being real with yourself if you think using a BlackBerry makes you any more secure than using any other device but I digress. To each their own. Have you tried the CB marketplace?

Posted via CB10
    No device is 100% secure.. that I totally know and will think people who believe that to be a tad misguided.

However, the way my data or more so the UI on a BlackBerry is done, I'm more inclined to feel a sense of security (wether it be false) as opposed to other devices on the market! But as you so rightly state.. to each their own.

tufcustomer likes this.
    02-04-16 11:40 AM
    The size and weight is not for everyone, but biggest problem is apps. I use bloomberg a lot and now have to switch to other apps that not that good
    02-04-16 11:51 AM
    Bloomberg Business App should be available in BB10... and the one downloaded from Playstore is not compatible with BB10....suck.....

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 11:54 AM
    I sold mine in less than two weeks on Gumtree for �200 like end of November last year. Mine was a year and a month old and I couldn't be happier. BlackBerry 10 is so limiting in so many ways.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    02-04-16 12:17 PM
    I would happily pay $350 USD for pristine BB Passport!

As for being a fashion statement, bollocks! I'm a writer - not a gamester and I avoid most apps - but I have coveted a BB PP since the announcement went out!!! wow - to reduce my work-related items when traveling to foreign lands by about 15 pounds - one stone GB - WOW!!! not a fashion statement, just practical. What the macbook used to be in terms of a work horse, now the Passport steps up .

I haven't been on this forum in months, but I love the honesty and the tribal community, but I clicked into this forum and I STILL COVET A PASSPORT!!!! great phone, great work device - what's not to love? Sorry you find it android-deficient... but fashion statement - oh please!!! while it's only OS7 I'll take my silly little unlocked GSM BB Bold 9900 over my wretched POS CDMA iPhone any day!!! That 9900 is a warrior and a work pony - that little BB travels to the bush and can pull in signal where no other phones can... I still covet a Passport - just a matter of getting up the readies...
    02-04-16 12:45 PM
    As with every electronic device out there, its all about whats popular and what folks are currently using, here in the US, the Blackberry brand is all but dead. I am considered a dinosaur because I am still using a Blackberry when all my clients and friends have converted to either IOS and/or Android. This also plays a large part in what sells on the online auction sites.

With that said, I am still going to recommend a used passport to a friend of mine who likes the Hub and is not an app mined person and mainly uses the device for emails and messaging, I am hoping to pick one up cheap locally off of Craigslist. Unfortunately thats just the way it is at the moment.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-04-16 12:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if I would go that far, not much wider then the Classic. They are difficult to hold in one hand though...

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 01:02 PM
    Seems like right now the SE are fetching around $400 used.
    02-04-16 01:07 PM
    The checked amazon. It says phone has scratches on back. Is that what it said when u bought it? Can you return amazon warehouse deals?
    02-04-16 10:42 PM
    The size and weight is not for everyone, but biggest problem is apps. I use bloomberg a lot and now have to switch to other apps that not that good
    Was absolutely disappointed when the Bloomberg app went EOL.
    02-05-16 12:14 AM
    Weren't they there showing off the Bloomberg app at the passport launch event? lol
    02-05-16 12:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    And what the heck are you doing in the passport forum?

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    moyah8, MehdiQ, BerrySoul and 3 others like this.
    02-05-16 01:29 AM
    Bloomberg is still available on Q10. Possible on Classic, too.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    02-05-16 01:44 AM
    The day when everyone has a phone that just looks the same.. the day when security and privacy are a key requirement for a user.. the day when they realise that their information and privacy are being slowly taken away from them, and they are just being rewarded or dumd down with mindless and insignificant things and then they will ask for change..but, by then it will be too late as all phones will now have been converted to data mines..

I have information for you...it's already too late. Even BlackBerry give up on that mindless crowd of sheeps.

How many of you will use Facebook if first term & condition be:
    - we will process and sell your free given data to make huge profit and become reachest company and you will have nothing from it, if you not agree with these terms and conditions you can...Foxtrot Oxford...?

How many of you will use anything from Google?

T&C is anyone really read this?

Posted via CB10
    Chak and MBrettH like this.
    02-05-16 02:37 AM
    The day when everyone has a phone that just looks the same.. the day when security and privacy are a key requirement for a user.. the day when they realise that their information and privacy are being slowly taken away from them, and they are just being rewarded or dumd down with mindless and insignificant things and then they will ask for change..but, by then it will be too late as all phones will now have been converted to data mines..

I have information for you...it's already too late. Even BlackBerry give up on that mindless crowd of sheeps.

How many of you will use Facebook if first term & condition be:
    - we will process and sell your free given data to make huge profit and become reachest company and you will have nothing from it, if you not agree with these terms and conditions you can...Foxtrot Oxford...?

How many of you will use anything from Google?

T&C is anyone really read this?

Posted via CB10
    As said... this is not everyday news for BlackBerry. That's what keeps me with them.

Other platforms this sort of data sharing is second nature.. almost what they built for

02-05-16 02:41 AM
    It's Oscar...
    BBadinfinitum likes this.
    02-05-16 07:43 AM
    John Chen is walking on the path shown by Stephen Elop.
    Give wrong signal about existing platform with nothing solid in hand. This bad move is ruining everything. Now rarely anyone talks about BB.
    Instead of nourishing own OS which is far far superior and efficient than Android they are selling something which is not selling in good numbers and there is nothing exceptional in it (Except price tag).
    Concentrating just on premium market with high priced single Android phone is neither winning Android lovers nor existing BB fans.
    02-05-16 07:47 AM
    I was able to pick up a Passport in pristine condition with box, unused earphones and leather folio case 3mths ago for $225CA. The value is definitely gone but the phone is still amazing.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 07:59 AM
76 123 ...