The prices reflect the condition. Pay a little more for better condition. There are some, still cheap, without the "scratches on back" note.
    I saw that. I ordered one, we will see what it looks like tomorrow. If it is in great shape then 235 usd seems like a good deal to me.
    02-07-16 09:01 AM
    Now the so called cheap device makers of china are bringing high priced devices.
    To get good market share selling low priced handset is a proven strategy. Now they are selling new models at almost or even more than double price.
    On the other hand it is very very though to survive on low volume sell of high margin devices.
    High volume with low margin is proven best business policy.
    The biggest thing you're not taking into account is that those low-end Chinese device makers started out small and didn't have to sell much to be profitable. BlackBerry, on the other hand, was a much larger company with a lot of overhead and therefore high volume for BlackBerry is magnitudes larger.
    02-08-16 12:45 AM
    Passport sold...

Got �230 for it.

Posted from my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    jope28 likes this.
    02-08-16 09:28 AM
    I love my BlackBerry Passport SE!!!! I am planning to get another brand new one soon as a backup. It is simply an amazing device for productivity, communication, simplicity, privacy, and security. The best smartphone that exists!

  
    02-08-16 10:51 AM
    Not entirely true.

Apple is surviving on very high margin and somewhat low sales when it compares to other devices!

Do correct me if I misunderstood you.

Posted via CB10 (PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2789)
    & the success story ends here, Such examples can be seen in many sectors.
    But there are tens of other companies following high volume low margin formula.
    The big problem is that BlackBerry is doing almost nothing to promote their cellphones.
    moyah8 and PonyCrazyKid like this.
    02-10-16 02:27 AM
    & the success story ends here, Such examples can be seen in many sectors.
    But there are tens of other companies following high volume low margin formula.
    The big problem is that BlackBerry is doing almost nothing to promote their cellphones.
    BANG! That's the nail totally hit!!

It's as if BlackBerry wants to fail! They have done nothing in respect of promotion / publicity for their devices!

BUT, along comes the Priv and their advertising team is all full steam ahead!!!

02-10-16 03:56 AM
    Still rockin a day one Passport.... just love the keyboard and works great!!

Posted via CB10
    Yup. But sadly if it breaks, I can't justify dropping $600 on a new one given the future of app development and android runtime being stuck at 4.3.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    02-10-16 04:50 AM
    BANG! That's the nail totally hit!!

It's as if BlackBerry wants to fail! They have done nothing in respect of promotion / publicity for their devices!

BUT, along comes the Priv and their advertising team is all full steam ahead!!!

No, it didn't actually. BlackBerry did market BB10 on inception. They even had unsolicited marketing through the form of media outlets letting people know that BB10 was on its way/ is out. What BlackBerry did however was release high cost, unfinished devices. Not to mention missed on apps entirely. I knew earlier adopters who were super excited to hop on to BB10, but ultimately dismissed it after buying because it didn't have common apps most people use. Why would anyone leave app rich ecosystems like iOS or Android, for BlackBerry's lackluster one? I did, you may have, sure. I know apps are of little importance to most on CB but for the rest of the population they're pretty important. BB10 never addressed this natively. Most people don't want to put in extra effort to sideload snap, or Cobalt's method. They just want a phone, relatively expensive ones at that, to work out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    02-10-16 05:55 AM
    No, it didn't actually. BlackBerry did market BB10 on inception. They even had unsolicited marketing through the form of media outlets letting people know that BB10 was on its way/ is out. What BlackBerry did however was release high cost, unfinished devices. Not to mention missed on apps entirely. I knew earlier adopters who were super excited to hop on to BB10, but ultimately dismissed it after buying because it didn't have common apps most people use. Why would anyone leave app rich ecosystems like iOS or Android, for BlackBerry's lackluster one? I did, you may have, sure. I know apps are of little importance to most on CB but for the rest of the population they're pretty important. BB10 never addressed this natively. Most people don't want to put in extra effort to sideload snap, or Cobalt's method. They just want a phone, relatively expensive ones at that, to work out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    Your statement regarding apps and CB users applies to me, as I'm not a App dependent person.

However, I agree that the device should have been released with 10.3 atleast as the released OS was far from effective. I still stamp on the point of marketing though, as they never released a physical keyboard or make mention of it til well in the year or so after the release of the Z10.. I was looking forward to the Q10 as it was my replacement for my 9900, but didn't like the lack of the track pad, though the Q10 is a super device, but i'll not digress!!

I'm getting emails VERY often about the Priv and I don't recall getting this many email about BB10 or even the Q10!

Though the app gap may play a part, I'm still of the notion that BlackBerry has not promoted it's device as much as the competition has. Apple as an example, does HEAVY marketing hence it has al the apps, which in turns brings the users, which inturn brings the users... a spiral all based on marketing and making your device have that must have apeal.. this I believe BlackBerry as failed to deliver!

Fortunately, I'm not driven by such desire / market.. but sadly, a lot of people are and as such... well, we can see what has happened by that.

02-10-16 06:17 AM

Other platforms this sort of data sharing is second nature.. almost what they built for
    "Almost"..?

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    02-10-16 07:00 AM
    Those apps that do not allow me to control permissions could take a hike.
    The excuses given for no permissions control are so pathetic.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    02-10-16 07:05 AM
    Your statement regarding apps and CB users applies to me, as I'm not a App dependent person.

However, I agree that the device should have been released with 10.3 atleast as the released OS was far from effective. I still stamp on the point of marketing though, as they never released a physical keyboard or make mention of it til well in the year or so after the release of the Z10.. I was looking forward to the Q10 as it was my replacement for my 9900, but didn't like the lack of the track pad, though the Q10 is a super device, but i'll not digress!!

I'm getting emails VERY often about the Priv and I don't recall getting this many email about BB10 or even the Q10!

Though the app gap may play a part, I'm still of the notion that BlackBerry has not promoted it's device as much as the competition has. Apple as an example, does HEAVY marketing hence it has al the apps, which in turns brings the users, which inturn brings the users... a spiral all based on marketing and making your device have that must have apeal.. this I believe BlackBerry as failed to deliver!

Fortunately, I'm not driven by such desire / market.. but sadly, a lot of people are and as such... well, we can see what has happened by that.

BlackBerry cannot afford to market at the same volume as Apple, Google, Microsoft etc. They simply do not have the resources. Even the Priv advertising has been pretty basic. The fonts they use, the way the adverts are setup scream edited in MS Paint. The emails, they only send it to people whose email they have, it's not going to every random Joe. It's not as heavy as you think, albeit probably a little stronger than BB10 because this is essentially make or break for hardware.

With regards to your Q10 point, I've always believed BB10 should have launched with the Z30 as the Z10, and the Classic as the Q10. Devices that at the time would have been on par if not better than most devices at least spec wise. I think they would've provided more substance and wow factor on launch. As for OS, if not 10.3, at least refined to the point of 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    02-10-16 07:18 AM
    Give it time. It's just very different. You will like some of the tricks. What do you mean it is too hard to get things done?

I don't notice the size when I talk as I use the speaker or a bluetooth most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    The Passport is quickly growing on me; I figured out some of the interactions that had confused me. Also, the call quality on the phone is really great. I think I'm going to keep it. I'm a little worried about the future of BB10 but I really do like the phone. The Hub is a great idea and is so useful to me.
    02-11-16 05:11 PM
    Elop never thought Nokia should have its own OS'es. He killed off Symbian and MeeGo for Microsoft's Windows Phone. The foolish bet was going with Microsoft and only Microsoft. He could have continued to invest in in-house OS'es (even worked on Android devices) but instead wanted to prop up Nokia's financials with Microsoft "patent licensing" monies.
    I am really not that familiar with the people at Nokia so I should have left it with Nokia the company. But they were laughing at Android and I couldn't do exchange mail on my stupid Nokia. I loved Nokia's hardware but they stayed with their internal operating systems way too long
    02-11-16 05:28 PM
    If you have not done so already, you should check into assigning keyboard shortcuts for your device. They will help very much for many different functions you have. Nice to be able to hit the W key to phone your wife etc.
    thanks for the suggestion, I'll do that. I'm liking the Passport a lot more now--I think I will probably keep it. I do wish it had a better camera; but I love the Blackberry Hub and the call quality on the phone.
    02-11-16 05:37 PM
    thanks for the suggestion, I'll do that. I'm liking the Passport a lot more now--I think I will probably keep it. I do wish it had a better camera; but I love the Blackberry Hub and the call quality on the phone.
    You are right about the call quality. The device has 4 mics on it to give exceptional quality and clearness. I have found that even when I am in a crowded room with lots of noise, I can conduct a conversation with someone else maybe better than any other device I have used. Hope you enjoy the device.
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    02-11-16 06:45 PM
    As odd as this sounds, BlackBerry 10 devices I have are excellent phones. In fact they are the best phones I have used in terms of call quality and reception. My Z30 was excellent and my Passport SE is fantastic as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 09:30 AM
    I just became a happy Passport person - it arrived today!!!! it's the SE, lovely! A recent text from ATT announced that the Bold 9900 wouldn't work after December 2016, and I've been jonesing for a PP - to make a long story short, Blackberry's spring sale put the SE in my hands at the same price as the white PP that arrived in October DOA with bad battery - albeit "New - opened box" - yeah, right, and in horse country we would say that it got rode hard and put up sweaty. I don't know how you wreck a battery like the Passport's, but the film screen protector - omg, it had everything but mold growing on it. legions of fingerprints - disgusting - sent it back, got full refund. Time to re-group.

It was worth the wait because my SE is very sweet. I have to take it in for its sim card tomorrow or Sunday - not sure about the weather and I have deadlines. The SE and OS 10 is a learning curve - I played with it for a while this evening. It's on the charger right now. Lovely piece of hardware, and I'm a little people - 5 feet tall, thin, but the Passport doesn't feel too big for my hands - it's feels like a substantial device.

I love it. I'm going to learn to ride the heck out of this work-pony...

One drawback, pirating on my landlord's wifi - weak - so not quite paradise... The nearest ATT tower is 5 miles away (Sprint's tower is just 1/4 mile or less) - we'll see how it works when the leaves are in full bloom.

I love Blackberry. I'm so fed up Apple and the whole app debate, but to each his or her own. I mean, we're all looking for something different.

I want a decent phone - it's a nightmare trying to get interviews done with the 4s.

So, Passport wish fulfilled --- sweet sweet SE...
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    04-08-16 10:16 PM
    I wouldn't take one if it was free.

Too big, too bulky and generally not pleasant to hold.

Posted via CB10
    But it's addicting. Such an awkward device, but so pleasant to use. I keep coming back to it after trying phones that are more practically sized (ie the Classic).

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 12:08 AM
    Ebay uk auctions seem to be trending around the �185 mark at the moment. That's a steep price drop in a short time since the OP. Less than perfect OG passports are just staying above the �150 budget I've set myself. Couple more weeks maybe ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 05:14 AM
    eBay had a guaranteed price for BlackBerry Passport of ~$300 last time I looked. Check there or try the wonderful Swappa.com.

Posted via CB10 from my  Passport
    04-09-16 05:11 PM
    Recently sold my black PP for 230� and got myself a SE afterwards (Germany). So yea I did feel the price sink but it doesn't seem to be that dramatical as it is in America, I guess.

Posted via my Q10, 10.2.3.2836
    04-09-16 07:01 PM
    Hopefully I can sell my pristine SE for 400, right now trying to get to the 50 post mark so I can start selling. Comes with a lot of extras too, but for now I am contributing to the forums until I can get there.
    04-10-16 12:12 AM
    Passport is NOT everyone's device - but it's certainly mine!!!

Re my SE - learning something new every day!!! Love my passport!!

Hi Ho Silver!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 10:28 AM
    The cheapest buy it now prices last week on ebay UK weres �270 for original white passport brand new. Used SE were around a similar price I believe. Got me a brand new black pp for 200 even though my max bid was 250 because the auction finished at an obscure hour.

I'm hoping the price holds to some degree because I might have get rid of my pp when whatsapp is gone

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 12:49 PM
76 1234