Hey guys,

Since yesterday I am a proud owner of a passport and so far everything works quite fine. However, I am wondering if there is any possibility to buy a headset where volume controls work without any problems. The original passport headset does not have this "feature".

Any ideas ?

Thanks !
    06-26-16 11:49 AM
    Wired or Bluetooth? I've got several compatible (Samsung, Nokia) Bluetooth headsets and the volume controls have always worked on BlackBerry 10 devices, no problem.

Wired headsets, not so much. I have had two (Sony, Sony Ericsson), on both the action key works, so you can play/pause music, answer calls, start the Assistant etc. Volume controls on these have never worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 01:04 PM
    I think it would depend on the quality of the headset. I have some that work with my Passport that work fine but they are brand name and/or quality headsets. I find the cheaper ones have problems
    06-26-16 01:36 PM
    I just tested my normal wired Apple headphone.. no volume control working.. and all the wired BlackBerry headphones I have don't have volume control, only answer / finish a call button... :-(

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 03:09 PM
    Wired or Bluetooth? I've got several compatible (Samsung, Nokia) Bluetooth headsets and the volume controls have always worked on BlackBerry 10 devices, no problem.

Wired headsets, not so much. I have had two (Sony, Sony Ericsson), on both the action key works, so you can play/pause music, answer calls, start the Assistant etc. Volume controls on these have never worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the information. Man, that's really stupid ....
    So you have headphones that work with the passport, right ? Could you please tell me the name?

Thanks.
    06-27-16 12:06 PM
    Thanks for the information. Man, that's really stupid ....
    So you have headphones that work with the passport, right ? Could you please tell me the name?

Thanks.
    I can now confirm that the BlackBerry WS-430 works perfectly and has all options operational including the volume controls.

And yes, of course, it is a wired headphone.

Blackberry passport - headset question-img_20160628_204758.jpg

Posted via CB10
    manniiiii likes this.
    06-28-16 06:48 PM