Hello there,
    Im a 15 year old boy, who previously loved his z10, but my z10 sadly broke into pieces.(another story). I have a offer for a passport, i would like to know what are its negatves and whether i would like it coming from a z10!
    07-04-15 10:25 PM
    Go for it you won't regret it

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2339 | CB Mod
    PowderJockey likes this.
    07-04-15 10:28 PM
    is video playing and android apps that bad? and do most of the native apps support it?
    07-04-15 10:28 PM
    Decent specs but questionable build quality. Search for threads here regarding screen lifting and double typing issues.

Posted via C5303
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-04-15 10:29 PM
    My transaction from Z10 for the passport was very rewarding and learning curve which leads to very exciting experience the passport is a dimensional device

Posted via CB10
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-04-15 10:32 PM
    I have both the Z10 and the Passport and I can say that the ONLY thing you might miss from the Z10 is the size.
    The Passport is an amazing device and pay no mind to the people questioning the build quality. It's a wide device, you will need to take care of it. And the only negative thing is, ironically, also the best thing about it: the width. No problems with Android apps if you already are used to what you had with the Z. They will all load and run faster on the Passport. They also added more options for app scaling with the 10.3.1 update so Android apps can run in their original aspect ratio.
    It's a great device. Think of it as more than a phone though. It is a mobile computer and communications device.
    07-04-15 10:48 PM
    If you loved Z10 you will love Passport more. Only negative is size which can be awkward at times. But once you get used to it, the size has more advantages than the disadvantages.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.2.440
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-04-15 11:01 PM
    ^ What everyone said.

Also, you'll particularly love the look of your device in a dark environment with its beautiful backlit keyboard and glorious hd display. It grabs attention .

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 04:00 AM
    Go for it! I had a Z10, and don't miss it at all. The build quality on the Passport is good. I have a white one and have had no issues with at all. And you will love the KB! Get the Passport you won't regret it!!

Posted via my White Passport!
    07-05-15 04:47 AM
    Not for anything else, but for a 15-yr old person to like BlackBerry Passport is quite intriguing. I knew a lot of guys above 35 years old but not fond of BlackBerry devices because of its apps / games limitation.

Some men remains boys while some boys ahead of being a man... go ahead, get a BlackBerry Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and stevepar like this.
    07-05-15 04:53 AM
    If you're coming from the Z10, you'll love the battery life. The Z10 had a crappy battery life. The Z10 was good for one handed use, unlike the passport. That said, it's not a downside since you get more screen real estate. It takes a day or two to adapt the the hybrid touch and physical keyboard. Performance-wise definitely better than the Z10. If you're okay with a square screen, I'd say go for it!

Crackberry Z10 Z30 Q5 Passport
    07-05-15 06:42 AM
    Hello there,
    Im a 15 year old boy, who previously loved his z10, but my z10 sadly broke into pieces.(another story). I have a offer for a passport, i would like to know what are its negatves and whether i would like it coming from a z10!
    If you liked the Z10 than you'd probably love the Passport. The specs are way higher on all the Hardware. Software runs twice as fast.

As for the Android apps. Nothing will be of surprise for you as most of the apps that ran on your Z10 will also run on Passport.

As for build quality. I would question any deal that doesn't involve you being the primary purchaser. Because the warranty is than void if your not the primary purchaser.
    Other than that, screen life and double type are hit and miss from unit to unit.

I left my LG G flex Android phone that had a 6 inch screen and picked up the Passport. They both have similar specs when it came to internal hardware specs.
    But Passport has image stabilization when taking photos.
    Other than the original Youtube app for my kid to use and my favorite weather app for Android, which I think I've found a replacement. I am totally happy with my Passport.

Getting a Passport for you would be making a jump up to high end phone for BlackBerry.
    Similar to going from an Samsung exhibit to a Samsung S6. Same OS just presented to you faster, better, and flashier.

Posted via CB10
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-05-15 08:14 AM
    If you liked the Z10 than you'd probably love the Passport. The specs are way higher on all the Hardware. Software runs twice as fast.

As for the Android apps. Nothing will be of surprise for you as most of the apps that ran on your Z10 will also run on Passport.

As for build quality. I would question any deal that doesn't involve you being the primary purchaser. Because the warranty is than void if your not the primary purchaser.
    Other than that, screen life and double type are hit and miss from unit to unit.

I left my LG G flex Android phone that had a 6 inch screen and picked up the Passport. They both have similar specs when it came to internal hardware specs.
    But Passport has image stabilization when taking photos.
    Other than the original Youtube app for my kid to use and my favorite weather app for Android, which I think I've found a replacement. I am totally happy with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Is the double type that bad? Is it bearable and can it be fixed?
    07-05-15 08:18 AM
    Go for it! You will not regret it. I am a previously user of Z10 then Z30, passport is hands down the best device I ever tried!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-05-15 09:24 AM
    I went from a Z10 to Z30 to a Passport. Although the passport is superior in most aspects to the other two, based on what I think you'd be using the phone for being 15 years old, I'd suggest the Z30. Size is perfect, you're already using the VK, I think it's better for many apps and watching videos and other stuff. Passport is by the the best business tool around but I think for your needs, the Z30 will be the best fit

Posted via CB10
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-05-15 09:39 AM
    OP..

1. Size...if you liked the Z10's portability to be shoved into any pocket with ease, you'll have to be mindful of the Passport's size. It's like most new devices that are 5" and greater, just be aware it's not as small as the Z10. Really, it's the width that you'll notice, not the length of the Passport since it's shorter than the new taller iPhones or Android devices. It still fits all my pockets, but definitely just be aware.

2. If you liked an all touch keyboard, then you'll need to adjust to the physical keyboard. This is a personal preference that you'll have to work through and develop your own opinion.

3. Performance, Battery Life....two thumbs up for the Passport. The Passport is better in every way versus the Z10 (in my opinion of course) and you will notice the enhancements.

Good luck on your choice.
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-05-15 09:43 AM
    I had a double type issue briefly on a water damaged Passport but it went away. Idk what causes it but I've been lucky to not have it stick around.

Size may seem like a bit of an issue at first but I've found that I got over it by using a holster. I wear my shirt untucked and clip the holster to my waist at my back so you don't even see it. I'll remove it when I sit down which is when I want to have my phone out anyway.

Given the option, the Passport is a beast of a phone and has a screen wider than an older iPhone screen is long so videos might not be much of an issue, if you look at it that way

Hope you are able to decide what is best for you

Posted via CB10
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-05-15 12:45 PM
    Decent specs but questionable build quality. Search for threads here regarding screen lifting and double typing issues.

Posted via C5303
    Don't worry those issues are isolated and we have 30 passports used on our sales team and NONE lifted!!!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    PHughes and Rahul1234 like this.
    07-05-15 12:50 PM
    I love my Passport, but I will note a few things:

You will probably take some time to adjust to a physical keyboard and the size of the Passport.

If you do a lot of videos and games, you're probably better off with a Z30.
    If you do a lot of texting, then you'll love the Passport once you get used to the typing.

My guess is that overall, you'll be happier with a Z30

Posted via CB10
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-05-15 01:12 PM
    YouTube app works perfectly on my Passport.

OP, it really depends what you do with your phone. The only Android apps I use all work on the Passport, so my bases are covered.

If you're heavily into media consumption, you might want a slab device, but then again I watch videos once and awhile on the Passport and I don't mind it at all.

For productivity and getting things done this device is the best, and you'll surely be the only 15 year old rocking one!

I have had build quality issues, but I successfully exchanged units and stayed with the Passport because it's that good, even with its flaws.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-05-15 01:55 PM
    Go for it, you definitely won't regret it. The form factor does take a little bit of getting used to, but once you've become accustomed to it you'll enjoy it. I've had mine for a month and it has been pretty well glued to my hands since I've purchased it, and one of the only devices that I've owned that I've been fully satisfied with in every way.

In terms of the build quality, I wouldn't worry too much. I haven't had any of the issues that others have posted about in the forums in regards to the screen or double typing.
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-05-15 01:57 PM
    Is the double type that bad? Is it bearable and can it be fixed?
    It's not as bad as one would think. It's hit and miss on Passports. Not everyone is having the issue. It depends on the unit if it's fixable. Some people claim it was software issue while others claim it to be software. I've had my phone for nearing 6 months with no double type.

Posted via CB10
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-05-15 08:26 PM
    It's not as bad as one would think.
    Oh how wrong you are. I suggest watching the videos of my previous double typing Passport. The phone was basically unusable, double and triple typing everywhere.

Depends on how bad the double typing is, but to say it's not as bad means you haven't experienced one that was bad.

It's luck of the draw, some get it and some don't.

Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-05-15 08:31 PM
    If you loved your Z10, I assume it was partly because of its size, shape (rectangular) and VKB. I have had the Z10, Z30, Q10, Passport and the Classic. I couldn't get used to the Passport's size, and even its keyboard. So, sold it fairly quickly. I think for a Z10 lover, Z30 would be a better choice. The advantages are the much better battery life, larger screen, better overall quality, great speakers, and more operation stability. The drawbacks might be its size (larger and heavier) and the Amoled screen (great for indoors, but as as good outdoors). Also, you find the Z30 a lot cheaper than the Passport!
    Rahul1234 likes this.
    07-05-15 09:22 PM

It's luck of the draw, some get it and some don't.

That's what I meant. Not that it's not bad when and or if it happens. But it happening on every single device that they made would be wrong to say.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 09:27 PM
55 123