Hello Everyone,

I'm kinda new around here, and always been a fan of Blackberry, but since android rocked so hard in the market, had to move out from a Blackberry Bold...

Now that everything has changed and evolved enough, I've been curious about BB10 and it's partial compatibility with android apps, and I'm thinking seriously about switching back and get a Blackberry Passport, but I have some doubts that I need to solve

I actually have to live on with 2 different google accounts, 1 for my personal things, and the other for everything related to work (I have appartments for rent, so I have to stay tunned 24/7 to AirBnB, Booking, etc...), so I would like to know if it's possible to configure 2 different google accounts, in order to use my personal account for things like games (usually Clash Royale and Hearthstone) and my business accounts for everything related to work (Booking Pulse and AirBnB), as in Android, if you have more than 1 google account in your device, you can choose wich one to use for every app that may need it to be logged in or something like that

I heard that the perk of installing Google Play Services and the Play Store has evolved a lot, but it seems that location services doesn't work properly, and the apps that needs of it does not work properly...

Also, I found out that Whatsapp will not have support on Blackberry very soon, and it's like a very big inconvenient...
    Is it there any way to go on working with it using the android version or something?

I feel kinda lost now, and got too much sick of android.... my LG V10 had an accident with watter, and even if it survived, I can feel it started to die slowly and soon will say good bye, so If I can't switch to a Passport, the only thing that can save me will be a Galaxy Note 7

Can anyone shed some light on my doubs? Or I'm just going crazy for trying to switch to a Passport so "late"?

Thank you very much in advance, for your help
    09-28-16 02:20 AM
    Hi if your browser still ok right now I would say go for it because you said you don't use many apps
    09-28-16 05:00 AM
    Hi if your browser still ok right now I would say go for it because you said you don't use many apps
    Thank you for your response, I thought about it, but I really need those apps... tried to don't use them on my current android device for a week, in order to test the worst scenario, but I just can't go on without them, that's why I really have big doubts about getting the Passport...

I just need full access to the following android Apps: AirBnB, Booking Pulse, Hearthstone and Clash Royale.

There are other apps that I can live without, but those are essential, because I'm always on the move to somewhere, and can't carry a laptop always with me
    09-28-16 05:23 AM
    App compatibility is far from complete. Passport is your best chance of getting Android apps to run due to the increased horsepower vs other BB10 devices, but you'd need to ask someone running those apps on a Passport if they work, or not.

Looking to the future, BB10 will likely not see another Android runtime update after the 10.3.3 release, if that even contains anything for the Android runtime, so app compatibility is unlikely to improve.

The rest of the BB10 experience is likely to be much better (especially if you're ex-BB) than Android, which has seen few real improvements as a messaging appliance since the early days.

I suggest you get a used Q10 - they're cheap and are representative of the BB10 experience - and see how you get on with that. You could always have a cheapo Android, like a Moto G, and use it tethered to the Q10, to get your Android apps. You then have a fairly all-encompassing communications setup, albeit lugging two devices around, but you'd be more resilient to hardware failures etc

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 06:19 AM
    I have a passport and used the Z-10, z-30 and Classic as each was put on the market. I put Play Store on all of them and they seem to work fine. I don't use the Z-10 or z-30 any longer. I also have and use a Windows Lumia 950 and a Google Nexus. And an Iphone 6. I am telling you this not to impress you with my collection, but to let you know that I have tried them all. If you want a phone for business, if you download documents, if you need access to them and to your computer via Blackberry Link, none of the others are as good as a Blackberry. I travel a lot, and use lots of documents in my business, contracts, etc. With the BBs, I know exactly where they are, they are accessible, attachments work seamlessly, and they work, all the time. This is important to me. The phone is not a game. I can back up my computer once a week using SyncToy to my sd card in all the BB's.

BB10 works for business, period! It is intuitively great for that. I have tried file managers, clouds, etc with the androids but nothing works as well for me as does BB10. Even though I already have a Passport, I am trying to decide today whether to get the Black or the Silver as a backup as BB now has a great sale on them and Chen announced that BB is no longer going to make hardware. For $249 today you can get a Black Passport. That's pretty cheap for a great phone or even a mid level phone.

I will say this as well - I have a number of lines which justify the multitude of phones. I will always have an Android of one form or another, because I do use a lot of Apps that BB simply doesn't have, although most of them I also got with the Play Store. Some things just work better in their native environment.

And, I have several email accounts, all of which work well and come into the Hub.

I hope this provides you with some assistance.
    09-28-16 02:58 PM
    App compatibility is far from complete. Passport is your best chance of getting Android apps to run due to the increased horsepower vs other BB10 devices, but you'd need to ask someone running those apps on a Passport if they work, or not.

Looking to the future, BB10 will likely not see another Android runtime update after the 10.3.3 release, if that even contains anything for the Android runtime, so app compatibility is unlikely to improve.

The rest of the BB10 experience is likely to be much better (especially if you're ex-BB) than Android, which has seen few real improvements as a messaging appliance since the early days.

I suggest you get a used Q10 - they're cheap and are representative of the BB10 experience - and see how you get on with that. You could always have a cheapo Android, like a Moto G, and use it tethered to the Q10, to get your Android apps. You then have a fairly all-encompassing communications setup, albeit lugging two devices around, but you'd be more resilient to hardware failures etc

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the idea, I've talked with Amazon about the returning program, and they told me it will be OK if I purchase the Passport and want to return it if finally I don't like it... and for free

I have a passport and used the Z-10, z-30 and Classic as each was put on the market. I put Play Store on all of them and they seem to work fine. I don't use the Z-10 or z-30 any longer. I also have and use a Windows Lumia 950 and a Google Nexus. And an Iphone 6. I am telling you this not to impress you with my collection, but to let you know that I have tried them all. If you want a phone for business, if you download documents, if you need access to them and to your computer via Blackberry Link, none of the others are as good as a Blackberry. I travel a lot, and use lots of documents in my business, contracts, etc. With the BBs, I know exactly where they are, they are accessible, attachments work seamlessly, and they work, all the time. This is important to me. The phone is not a game. I can back up my computer once a week using SyncToy to my sd card in all the BB's.

BB10 works for business, period! It is intuitively great for that. I have tried file managers, clouds, etc with the androids but nothing works as well for me as does BB10. Even though I already have a Passport, I am trying to decide today whether to get the Black or the Silver as a backup as BB now has a great sale on them and Chen announced that BB is no longer going to make hardware. For $249 today you can get a Black Passport. That's pretty cheap for a great phone or even a mid level phone.

I will say this as well - I have a number of lines which justify the multitude of phones. I will always have an Android of one form or another, because I do use a lot of Apps that BB simply doesn't have, although most of them I also got with the Play Store. Some things just work better in their native environment.

And, I have several email accounts, all of which work well and come into the Hub.

I hope this provides you with some assistance.
    Thank you for your orientation, yeah, Blackberry is just flawless in everything related to work, and no one can deny that, and who denies, probably never tried it in the proper scenario, as IOS and Android are years far away, and Windows will become a bit more friendly, but no other works as Blackberry.

I can't stop thinking that Blackberry sank itself due to wrong decissions, as Nokia did going with Elop (microsoft) after turning it's back to the Nokia N9 and Meego, but those are another stories...

Thank you for your everyone for your help, ideas and orientation, I will get a Passport in Amazon, and make all the experiments I need, and if it finally doesn't fit for all my needs, I will sadly return it back, as I can't go around with 2 devices because I'm trying to simplify my life, as I just have now 1 computer (after that, I had 2 PCs and 1 laptop, and now I only have a big laptop) and 1 mobile device (after that, I was carrying 2).

If the Passport doesn't fit to my needs, I will sadly go with a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, but If you wish, I will report back my experience, and my experiments results
    Asuhmiaseh and Asuhmiaseh like this.
    09-28-16 04:44 PM
    Thank you for the idea, I've talked with Amazon about the returning program, and they told me it will be OK if I purchase the Passport and want to return it if finally I don't like it... and for free

Thank you for your orientation, yeah, Blackberry is just flawless in everything related to work, and no one can deny that, and who denies, probably never tried it in the proper scenario, as IOS and Android are years far away, and Windows will become a bit more friendly, but no other works as Blackberry.

I can't stop thinking that Blackberry sank itself due to wrong decissions, as Nokia did going with Elop (microsoft) after turning it's back to the Nokia N9 and Meego, but those are another stories...

Thank you for your everyone for your help, ideas and orientation, I will get a Passport in Amazon, and make all the experiments I need, and if it finally doesn't fit for all my needs, I will sadly return it back, as I can't go around with 2 devices because I'm trying to simplify my life, as I just have now 1 computer (after that, I had 2 PCs and 1 laptop, and now I only have a big laptop) and 1 mobile device (after that, I was carrying 2).

If the Passport doesn't fit to my needs, I will sadly go with a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, but If you wish, I will report back my experience, and my experiments results
    Please do make a report. I am always interested to read about it. Good luck, ya.
    09-28-16 08:20 PM
    Hi, I have apartment for rent and using my Passport to control business. Apartment is listed on booking.com, Airbnb and Tripadvisor. I have two mail accounts - one for private use (gmail) and one commercial for apartment. Booking pulse and Airbnb apps are working rather ok on Passport but don't forget BlackBerry is mail monster and I think I would uninstall apps and use email only.
    The best thing is calendar is great - I added subscribed calendars from booking and airbnb to my gmail calendar and it's working great. Autosyncing etc. Look at attached picture. Blue are booking.com bookings, pink are Airbnb. Green I made myself to remember about same day check out/check in. Blackberry Passport... To change, or not to change? Sick of Android...-img_20160929_085915.jpg
    09-29-16 02:03 AM
    Hello everyone, thank you very much for all your help and orientation, but as it seems that Blackberry will break out the mobile devices war, and due to it, they will not have much more support... Whatsapp stopped, and I don't feel very confident about the 10.3.3 update...

Also, the games I was wanting to run on it, got noticed that they stopped working, so in that way, it just fall off from my options about getting a new device, and I sadly decided to cancel my order in Amazon, and will wait for the Samsung Galaxy Note 7
    10-03-16 06:15 AM
    Hello everyone, thank you very much for all your help and orientation, but as it seems that Blackberry will break out the mobile devices war, and due to it, they will not have much more support... Whatsapp stopped, and I don't feel very confident about the 10.3.3 update...

Also, the games I was wanting to run on it, got noticed that they stopped working, so in that way, it just fall off from my options about getting a new device, and I sadly decided to cancel my order in Amazon, and will wait for the Samsung Galaxy Note 7
    Hope you're enjoying the galaxy note 7. Let me know how the BBQ batteries are going..

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 11:52 AM
    Well, In fact, my unit was not defective, so when they deviced to quit with it, I just felt defrauded...

I will have to return it and will get a refund, as I wanted the Note 7 because of the S-Pen and it's productivity advantages over the rest of android devices.

Now I will have to start thinking again about where to move on, as the rest of the Android devices does not fit properly all of my needs
    10-18-16 12:40 PM
    Hello, Everyone! Total newbie here! My Nokia 1020 is beginning to show signs of battery end of life. So, I am considering the Passport. I will miss the excellent camera on the 1020. But, according to all I have read, the Passport is THE phone for those who do NOT play (many) games, but DO want to be organized.

If0xl, I am curious, what are the productivity advantages of the Note 7? Everything I have read puts the Passport above all other devices in that area.

Disclaimer here: I do not, nor have I yet, had a Blackberry. This is all based on reading articles and reviews online. Actually, everything I see online, all other phones go on and on about their great apps (i.e. games) and their camera and social network prowess. NO ONE talks about how great their phone is for business, or personal organization, EXCEPT BLACKBERRY.

Also, (this may seem weird to many) I would like to hear what the Passport ringtones/alarm tones sound like. I haven't found any Blackberrys in my town stores. My Nokia truly excels in sounds. I actually ENJOY hearing a phone call come in, and alarms, etc. I actually tested every brand phone in the at&t store, and they all sound like they were composed on cheap electronic devices, inside a tin can. I know, I can buy ringtones, but I don't want to, and shouldn't have to. Besides, if the included ringtones sound bad, I figure the purchased ones will sound bad. I blame it on the phone. I know I am rambling, but for me, a phone is a necessary nuisance. But now, with smartphones, they are great PDAs. So I would like for them to sound good.

And, I really do want that physical QWERTY keyboard! I am seriously considering the Silver Edition, so I can get the leather case that covers the front of the phone. I am extremely tired of cleaning my screen!!

Thanks for 'listening'! Any comments, ideas, etc., I welcome!
    10-18-16 01:26 PM
    Hello, Everyone! Total newbie here! My Nokia 1020 is beginning to show signs of battery end of life. So, I am considering the Passport. I will miss the excellent camera on the 1020. But, according to all I have read, the Passport is THE phone for those who do NOT play (many) games, but DO want to be organized.

If0xl, I am curious, what are the productivity advantages of the Note 7? Everything I have read puts the Passport above all other devices in that area.

Disclaimer here: I do not, nor have I yet, had a Blackberry. This is all based on reading articles and reviews online. Actually, everything I see online, all other phones go on and on about their great apps (i.e. games) and their camera and social network prowess. NO ONE talks about how great their phone is for business, or personal organization, EXCEPT BLACKBERRY.

Also, (this may seem weird to many) I would like to hear what the Passport ringtones/alarm tones sound like. I haven't found any Blackberrys in my town stores. My Nokia truly excels in sounds. I actually ENJOY hearing a phone call come in, and alarms, etc. I actually tested every brand phone in the at&t store, and they all sound like they were composed on cheap electronic devices, inside a tin can. I know, I can buy ringtones, but I don't want to, and shouldn't have to. Besides, if the included ringtones sound bad, I figure the purchased ones will sound bad. I blame it on the phone. I know I am rambling, but for me, a phone is a necessary nuisance. But now, with smartphones, they are great PDAs. So I would like for them to sound good.

And, I really do want that physical QWERTY keyboard! I am seriously considering the Silver Edition, so I can get the leather case that covers the front of the phone. I am extremely tired of cleaning my screen!!

Thanks for 'listening'! Any comments, ideas, etc., I welcome!
    I have used a lot of Android devices, and the only ones that could match a Blackberry in terms of productivity, are the Samsung Galaxy Note devices, due to the exclusive S-Pen functions, but that's all.

Well, the 1020 is a great device too, but like any Blackberry, it will only work for anyone who does not play many games, and could find all the apps it may need for the daily use.

The Passport's camera seems to don't be as good as it was supposed to be, but it works very nice, and the physical keyboard is awesome...

The only thing that fails for me, is the problem about not being able to live without some android apps and games, and the lack of support that it will suffer
    10-18-16 02:19 PM
    I would order an SE straight from BB, right away
    10-23-16 10:00 PM
    I'd suggest a priv,

If you going for the passport I'm assuming you want the pkb,

I used the passport for a year before I switched to the priv and when I got the priv I felt this phone was out of its depth and lacked so much of the passport,

As I began to use it I started to love it.

Now if I pick up a bb10 device I feel it's dated and I can't go back to using one because the priv has made things so easy and awesome.

I'd recommend it over blackberry,

Passport is passed it's time sir, don't invest in something that's got an open grave already...
    10-24-16 01:22 AM
    My passport is slowly being used more and more only for email now. Many android apps that I need have begun to get sluggish or don't work at all. (dlink baby monitor or my banking app for example) like it or not the phone has become a small pc nowadays and and the erosion of functionality is hurting. I cannot even do a simple backup with link or blend as they both stopped recognising mhy pone on my pc and mac. I would love to have had android on the passport available because I love the passports form and that is build like a tank. Right now I am just waiting to scratch up some money and by a sony Z5 or Z5 premium as they are available for around $300 where I live and will put the passport to my collection, of awesome but failed electronic gadgets , in a box with my ipac pda and playbook...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 01:36 AM
    I'd suggest a priv,

If you going for the passport I'm assuming you want the pkb,

I used the passport for a year before I switched to the priv and when I got the priv I felt this phone was out of its depth and lacked so much of the passport,

As I began to use it I started to love it.

Now if I pick up a bb10 device I feel it's dated and I can't go back to using one because the priv has made things so easy and awesome.

I'd recommend it over blackberry,

Passport is passed it's time sir, don't invest in something that's got an open grave already...
    I considered the priv, and tested it for a while, but the keyboard is just not so good as the passport's.
    Also, I think it's not worth the money and seems overpriced, as the camera is not so good as it was supposed, and the sliding concept still doesn't feel "durable" for me, but thanks for the suggestion

Anyway, now that Blackberry left the hardware market, the future of the Priv is not very clear in support terms, and to invest so much money in a device that will not get all the support that it deserves, is some kind of waste

It's a pitty that Blackberry gave up, but as it's time passed by as happened to Nokia, we only can sit down and see what happens in the following years
    10-24-16 02:00 AM
    I hate android with passion

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 12:36 AM
    I hate android with passion

Posted via CB10
    Then your choices are either move to iOS or stockpile on BB10 devices.

*ME173X
    10-26-16 03:20 AM