Average hands, I think, but butter fingers.
    keyboard fits well and I have done some one handed things like hit the phone icon and dial work.
    no real typing with one hand, but two hands works well.
    Sometimes I find myself typing the whole word...words of a sentence before I realize "wait, I can flick now!!"
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-11-15 08:55 PM
    I love the passport and I have smaller hands so it's a 2 handed device for me...if I had a choice I think I would have preferred the rounded version for its extra space at the bottom below the spacebar. No regrets here getting the passport except I should have waited and bought the redberry instead!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 08:59 PM
    Can never go back to the tiny Q10. It just seems like a little toy after using my Passport for two months. Its an awesome device but obviously needs a software update for a few minor imperfections, but then again, I am running a leak

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-11-15 09:15 PM
    The Passport definitely feels weird for about a week and a half. Then, things start to feel very natural and less awkward.

Posted via CB10
    Tabdus likes this.
    01-11-15 09:32 PM
    To echo everyone else, you get used to it pretty quick and it becomes pretty natural to use. The hybrid keyboard is the same thing, once you get used to it, it's incredible.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    01-11-15 09:36 PM
    While we're on this subject, does anyone know if Telus price matches? Oops wrong thread lol

#CB10 #WorkWide
    01-11-15 09:37 PM
    I like having the Passport, it's a keeper! The only "awkwardness" is when I'm on BBM while laying down and holding the Passport above me and trying to type. My Classic arrived so I never "worked out" holding the Passport in that position. I move more efficiently with the Classic, probably because of my habit of using a holster. If the Passport OEM holster come down in price I'm going to give that a try.
    torco3 likes this.
    01-11-15 10:04 PM
    Keyboard use definitely requires two hands...

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:08 PM
    It's quite awkward to hold when I am lying sideway.
    When lying face up, it's kind of inconvenience to hold it with one hand.
    lol.
    01-11-15 10:25 PM
    So, that implies you use both hands?
    Large hands as well, I find it quite comfortable, though I mostly type 2 handed. Would love for the browsing "back" arrow to be a bit more centered, I find it a stretch to reach while surfing right handed only. Alternatively, if the keyboard "scroller" could go back with a swipe, that would be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    To "go back" hit the 'p' key.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:30 PM
    I'm surprised so many have responded. Am I the only one that missed the official release of the AT&T Passport?

I imagine the shape, extra roundness on the back, and the extra chin at the bottom will have a significant effect on the holding comfort as compared to the current Passport. Hopefully it is a positive effect.

To the OP. If you're worried mainly about the size, don't be. My wife has smaller hands than me (I'm not exactly an uber manly lumberjack either) and she has never complained about it.

However it will be interesting to see how much better (or worse) AT&T 's version of the Passport feels!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:38 PM
    Awkward to hold? My 5 yrs old son loves using the Passport to play and watch Paw Patrol & Team Umi zoo mi and he does it (or uses it) effortlessly. I guess kids have no preconceived notions or hang ups.
    Personally, it took me about a week or so to get used to typing on the keyboard and now ironically I find using my Z30 & Z10 to type awkward.
    Give it a try and see how it goes. Good luck.
    01-12-15 07:53 AM
    It's quite awkward to hold when I am lying sideway.
    When lying face up, it's kind of inconvenience to hold it with one hand.
    lol.
    As the quote humorously illustrates, a device with physical keys is different than a full touch screen device. A device's size and shape with physical keys, is held and used differently than a full touch screen device. For example my Z30 or Xperia Z Ultra (50mm longer than the Passport).
    01-12-15 08:00 AM
    It is awkward to use, but like everything in life you will get used to it. Coming from a Q10 it took a while for my thumb to adjust to the space bar, now I'm thinking how on earth I ever used that tiny Q10? Most definitely a 2 handed phone, types extremely well!
    01-12-15 08:53 AM
    Overall no, the Passport is not awkward to hold. Having said that I find the OEM flip case makes typing a chore, even with the front folded fully back.

Would highly recommend the Passport, the flip case not so much.
    01-12-15 10:44 AM
    The BlackBerry hard shall case for the Passport improved a lot my usage habits. Much easier to hold. Less slippery, and more depths, which is good for two handed use when typing.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 11:22 AM
    Only as awkward as carrying around a small shield. And, on rainy days, the Passport is excellent!
    01-12-15 12:17 PM
    I have large hands. I've had the Passport since launch (the square launch, not the round launch).

The first thing to realize is that there's a difference between one-handed operation of the phone and one-handed typing. I have no trouble doing most routine phone operations with one hand. These include swiping the phone awake, swiping into the Hub, swiping through screens to get to apps, scrolling through messages and notifications in the Hub, and deleting things using the speed options in 10.3.1. Because 10.3.1 was developed for the Classic, I also sometimes use keyboard shortcuts, such as U to "unsleep" the phone, B to open the browser, etc. All this is doable with one hand. I even have little trouble filing messages in the Hub one-handed. I press I to file, then the first letter of the folder I want to put it in, then tap that folder with my thumb.

In short, I can do quite a lot to operate the Passport with one hand. But typing is another matter. I can do it with one hand, with some difficulty, but it's not worth the trouble and clearly is going against the design principles of the phone.

All of this is indirectly related to the OP's question, Is the Passport awkward to hold? Well, holding pretty much any device isn't really awkward until you try to do something with it. To me, there's nothing awkward about holding the Passport in one hand or two, and I'm able to do quite a lot with it while holding it in one hand. But typing more than a single character or so quickly does become awkward. This is perfectly okay with me; I don't need to be able to type one-handed. It's just not a priority for me.

How much of what I've said would also apply to someone with smaller hands is unknown to me.
    01-12-15 12:23 PM
    It's awkward to use with one hand, of course. But this phone was designed for use with two-hands and for a power user; with two hands, it is balanced (despite the short keyboard) and very comfortable. I'd prefer a 4-row keyboard, but I still enjoy the 3-row (especially the size and feel: the muted clickiness--like pushing clay tablets or a Topre keyboard--is more enjoyable than on previous keyboards).

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 12:24 PM
    Yeah, right! It clearly says "Posted using Q10"!
    Not now!

Passport. The way forward.
    01-12-15 05:05 PM
    Actually posted on my new passport!

Posted using Q10 (White)
    heh.

i dropped my q10 in the sink. bought it in may 2013.
    thought i wanted a passport. had to buy whatever phone i chose outright (didn't want to waste my hardware upgrade, even though only 160 bucks was left on flextab).

i was prepared to pay 700 cash for the passport (i thought it was 699); i walked into a rogers retailer, saw the passport, held it, was blown away by how BIG it is, and was told it's actually 800 off contract. thank god i didn't carry any more cash with me than the 700 because i was STILL going to buy it after seeing how big it was, but the price was too high for something so big.

thought i'd want a bb classic, so i bought it outright at 500, and man that phone sucks. it's a big version of the q10 and it has nothing more. in fact, i'd argue the lower pixel density is even more offputting. even worse, rogers was charging 700 for the Q10 outright!! so i returned the classic without even putting in my sim card.

ended up getting a brand new sqn100-3 q10 off ebay for 250 USD. ended up being 325 CAD after shipping and whatnot. got it the next day. very happy with my decision.

the passport is just too damn big. the classic is just too damn disappointing, and the q10 is just damn right.

all of this IMO, ofc.
    01-13-15 12:59 PM
    So, that implies you use both hands?
    Large hands as well, I find it quite comfortable, though I mostly type 2 handed. Would love for the browsing "back" arrow to be a bit more centered, I find it a stretch to reach while surfing right handed only. Alternatively, if the keyboard "scroller" could go back with a swipe, that would be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    press "P" button on the browser to go back

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 01:20 PM
    I got a passport on Dec 22. Iv never spent any great amount of time on a keyboard phone before. Iv always typed on a glass screen up till now. I have to say the first week I thought about returning it. It took a bit getting use to typing on a keyboard , the balancing while typing and transitioning from keyboard to glass for numbers and symbols
    Now you will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.
    If you swipe down the symbols show up, and if you look closely you can see that they are mapped to the physical buttons

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 01:22 PM
    Using two hands, the passport is one of the easiest phones ever to hold.

Using one hand and it is more awkward.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:07 AM
49 12