05-27-16 12:11 PM
    No available.
    05-27-16 12:12 PM
    I saw some video on youtube ''BlackBerry Passport se can run android os ''

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 12:15 PM
    It's a prototype (testing unit) not for public
    05-27-16 12:17 PM
    Oh... what if the upcoming BlackBerry 10 os become an android os instead... or both os work together...

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 12:22 PM
    Oh... what if the upcoming BlackBerry 10 os become an android os instead... or both os work together...

Posted via CB10
    Then pigs would be flying all over the place.
    05-27-16 12:29 PM
    Your not the first to post this question. I'm sure you won't be the last. Do a search to see how many.

Posted via CB10
    TiEric likes this.
    05-27-16 12:31 PM
    Since there bb10 will be left behind ...
    BB free our phones and ... let us due what we want ....
    Now thise days even a s3 mini hase whatapp.... etc etc
    BB you can due better for a flagship phone like passport
    05-27-16 02:53 PM
    Since there bb10 will be left behind ...
    BB free our phones and ... let us due what we want ....
    Now thise days even a s3 mini hase whatapp.... etc etc
    BB you can due better for a flagship phone like passport
    Oh Boy
    05-27-16 05:07 PM
    Seriously, buy an Android phone. All the whining about wanting Google Play Services got BB10 users exactly what they wanted, an Android phone and no more development for BB10.
    Uzi and StephanieMaks like this.
    05-27-16 10:19 PM
    Seriously, buy an Android phone. All the whining about wanting Google Play Services got BB10 users exactly what they wanted, an Android phone and no more development for BB10.
    Yes BUT some of us BB10 users never wanted ANY Google stuff and don't need no stinkin apps.
    PHughes, David Tyler and Serkle K like this.
    05-28-16 12:21 AM
    Yes BUT some of us BB10 users never wanted ANY Google stuff and don't need no stinkin apps.
    Than why post in this thread? This is thread is about people wanting google on their BB10.
    05-28-16 09:18 AM
    Than why post in this thread? This is thread is about people wanting google on their BB10.
    Because that is one of the reasons we no longer have development for BB10, Blackberry has switched their focus to Android. The reason many of us stayed loyal to Blackberry is because they WERN'T Android and Google, and they didn't track their users. So when people want Android on their phone, I say, go buy an Android phone. Had those people done that initially, instead of crying online for Blackberry to develop Android, maybe Blackberry would have actually developed BB10 instead of switching to Android.
    05-28-16 11:06 AM
    Because that is one of the reasons we no longer have development for BB10, Blackberry has switched their focus to Android. The reason many of us stayed loyal to Blackberry is because they WERN'T Android and Google, and they didn't track their users. So when people want Android on their phone, I say, go buy an Android phone. Had those people done that initially, instead of crying online for Blackberry to develop Android, maybe Blackberry would have actually developed BB10 instead of switching to Android.
    Ok why you Quoting me than
    05-28-16 12:02 PM
    Ok why you Quoting me than
    Because I was responding to what you wrote. The people posting here speaking against Android on a Passport, are expressing their feelings on the subject. People who wanted Android should have bought an Android phone, not whined online about Blackberry not having Android.

All the whining has done is show Blackberry that people wanted Android, so they went that direction and created the Priv, which basically put the final nail in the coffin of a very good OS. Now those of us who preferred BB10, which enabled us to be more productive, will be forced to move to a clunky OS like iOS, or Android. Sorry, but neither of those systems works as well for me as BB10. Unfortunately though once Blackberry finished saying BB10, I will be forced to eventually move to one of those systems, which will impeded my productivity greatly. It is a shame.

I still say it, if you want Android, buy an Android device and stop asking for Blackberry to ruin a good phone by making it Android. I'm sorry if you do not like dissenting opinions, but there always will be those, even online in a thread about something you agree with. Just like you don't agree with my opinion. I'm fine with it. Still, instead of trying to get a company to change their product, it would be better for you and others to buy the product that already exists, then asking a company to change a product others like, so that it will be more like the product you didn't buy that already has what you desire. It makes no sense.
    05-28-16 08:21 PM
    Because I was responding to what you wrote. The people posting here speaking against Android on a Passport, are expressing their feelings on the subject. People who wanted Android should have bought an Android phone, not whined online about Blackberry not having Android.

All the whining has done is show Blackberry that people wanted Android, so they went that direction and created the Priv, which basically put the final nail in the coffin of a very good OS. Now those of us who preferred BB10, which enabled us to be more productive, will be forced to move to a clunky OS like iOS, or Android. Sorry, but neither of those systems works as well for me as BB10. Unfortunately though once Blackberry finished saying BB10, I will be forced to eventually move to one of those systems, which will impeded my productivity greatly. It is a shame.

I still say it, if you want Android, buy an Android device and stop asking for Blackberry to ruin a good phone by making it Android. I'm sorry if you do not like dissenting opinions, but there always will be those, even online in a thread about something you agree with. Just like you don't agree with my opinion. I'm fine with it. Still, instead of trying to get a company to change their product, it would be better for you and others to buy the product that already exists, then asking a company to change a product others like, so that it will be more like the product you didn't buy that already has what you desire. It makes no sense.
    Android is open source. If you are so smart code it and mod it. You can install the blackberry hub on any android device as well now. Bb10 is clunky imo , as a user of many years of blackberry and making the switch to a nexus 6p it was seamless. The difference? It's a barebone version of Android. Maybe if blackberry swallowed it's pride and ego and went android years ago their stock wouldn't be worth 8 cad. It's a dying breed and now apple is the next blackberry. You know android takes up 80% of phones on the globe? If people wanted something different blackberry wouldn't have a pathetic stock price.
    05-28-16 08:56 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Market is already polluted with Android slabs! Why you want to spoil a holy handset??

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    05-28-16 09:23 PM
    Because I was answering a comment about BB10 in this thread and I can read and respond to ANY posting. Maybe all the Priv postings should move the Android section of this board (they would be safe from me as I have never read them) Using your logic all the Android and iOS users should stay out of the non BBOS threads, NOW that would be great.
    PHughes likes this.
    05-28-16 10:04 PM
    Android is open source. If you are so smart code it and mod it. You can install the blackberry hub on any android device as well now. Bb10 is clunky imo , as a user of many years of blackberry and making the switch to a nexus 6p it was seamless. The difference? It's a barebone version of Android. Maybe if blackberry swallowed it's pride and ego and went android years ago their stock wouldn't be worth 8 cad. It's a dying breed and now apple is the next blackberry. You know android takes up 80% of phones on the globe? If people wanted something different blackberry wouldn't have a pathetic stock price.
    I have an Android tablet, and an iPod touch, and I can truly say that they are both clunky by comparison. An AT&T rep said the same thing after I demonstrated my old Z10 to her. She said she sued one for a while but never learned it. Had she learned it and realized what it was capable of, she said she would have kept it. She could;t believe how easy it was to do things until I showed her.

My Android tablet is rooted and modified for my use, still, it is like using a rock to perform surgery compared to BB10.

Android is many time more popular, I won't dispute that. People want apps, most of which do absolutely nothing of value, but for writing, and using multiple emails and communication apps, BB10 wins hands down for me. The majority of people do not even need smartphones, but want them for FB and games. That drives the popularity. Android also tracks you, which I don't care for, so I stay away, with the exception of the specialized reason I have the tablet for, which is used for the most part offline. iOS is a pain since I work with files for which there are no apps, so, if I want to email one or receive on via email, I cannot, since you need an app on iOS that handles the file in order to email one.

My wife has Android, we often have issues with it, trying to receive a file via NFC or other issues, when with the BB10 vice it just works. I much prefer BB10 over her Android. She has it for the apps, but the menus are convoluted and settings can be a pain at times. When I got the Passport she said if I didn't want it she would take it. She liked the way it worked much better than the Android.

I could move to Android very easily, and modify it to work for me, if it wasn't tied in with Google. I prefer to not set myself up as a product, unless I am the one making the money. With Android, you are the product, and you pay for the privilege.

Enjoy your Android device, they are great devices for those who are okay with being tracked by Google and that data being sold. I am not. There are some fantastic Android phones out there. Enjoy them, but I truly wish people would not have whined so hard for Blackberry to make their devices Android, because that's what they have done. For those of us who detest Google and the poor Android OS, we have a dilemma.
    05-28-16 10:31 PM
    My nexus 6p eats my passport alive in just about anything. Even the email is better on my 6p than it was on bb10. The only thing I miss is the hub but even then it's not needed on this device and with android it's not integrated the same. The whole "googles taking my personal information" is just bs. Any company including blackberry in theory can "take" your personal information. You think a company as powerful as Google cares about an ant when they are the boot? Yeah bro they totally rooted your phone for your non important personal information. We are nothing to them but a customer. Bb10 has many issues, a fast browser with plenty of bugs, failure of hardware, zero apps. It's a glorified flip phone with a full qwerty keyboard and that's why nobody cares about bb10.
    05-29-16 02:02 PM
    Google monetise information. BlackBerry sell software. Google do take your data as that is the price to use their services. It's not a conspiracy, it's how they do business.

Some of us value privacy and consider google's price too high.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 02:50 PM
    Google monetise information. BlackBerry sell software. Google do take your data as that is the price to use their services. It's not a conspiracy, it's how they do business.

Some of us value privacy and consider google's price too high.

Posted via CB10
    News flash, Google just gave us MM which let's us control permissions, while BlackBerry 10 is still haunted by a 4.3 battery sucking, has access to all info with no denial runtime, so I'd advise you to review your decision.
    Kyle Montanaro likes this.
    05-29-16 09:37 PM
    My nexus 6p eats my passport alive in just about anything. Even the email is better on my 6p than it was on bb10. The only thing I miss is the hub but even then it's not needed on this device and with android it's not integrated the same. The whole "googles taking my personal information" is just bs. Any company including blackberry in theory can "take" your personal information. You think a company as powerful as Google cares about an ant when they are the boot? Yeah bro they totally rooted your phone for your non important personal information. We are nothing to them but a customer. Bb10 has many issues, a fast browser with plenty of bugs, failure of hardware, zero apps. It's a glorified flip phone with a full qwerty keyboard and that's why nobody cares about bb10.
    I have a 6p with BB hub running on and working on it.. visit google play store on the 6p: you're right too they're very very good
    05-29-16 10:57 PM
    I agree, some people on CB are thoroughly convinced that BlackBerry is the dominant smartphone....
    05-30-16 01:31 AM
28 12