Anyone miss having the alphabets on the right? It was useful to jump through the list; for example if I wanted to look for John Smith I could simply touch "S" to jump the that section of the contact list.
    10-19-14 01:06 AM
    Sort of, then again you can just start typing a name and that works better

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 02:15 AM
    I was asking about this in another thread. I *definitely* miss having the letters on the right for a quick jump. typing the name works o.k, but it's not as quick or efficient. Given that this feature is available on non-keyboard phones, blackberry ought to include it as an option. it's totally stupid that they removed it entirely. oh well not much we can do about it but adapt.
    10-19-14 06:08 PM
    I was asking about this in another thread. I *definitely* miss having the letters on the right for a quick jump. typing the name works o.k, but it's not as quick or efficient. Given that this feature is available on non-keyboard phones, blackberry ought to include it as an option. it's totally stupid that they removed it entirely. oh well not much we can do about it but adapt.
    To each his/her own but I wouldn't characterise the decision to not include the list 'stupid'. I have relatively large fingers so I found touching a letter on my Z10 very difficult. Perhaps it was easier for you and thus your desire for the list. For me typing on the Passport keyboard is more convenient and efficient.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 06:25 PM
    If you want to jump to the "S" for example, typing on the keyboard does not work; you get a mix of contacts. Having the ability to touch a letter allow you to search the contact list for all names that start with that "S". This is helpful if you cannot remember the contact name, and if you are simply want to browse for names that start with a particular character.
    10-31-14 07:36 PM
    The keyboard method works if your contact list is sorted by name however, if your contact list is sorted by company it doesn't work in the same way.

For that reason I miss the alphabet list too as I was able to quickly jump to company sections. Even though my fingers are big and the list font was small I was able to jump close to what I needed instead of scrolling.

It would be nice to have the alphabet list on the PP. Hopefully on the next OS update
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 10-31-14 at 08:45 PM.
    10-31-14 08:34 PM