Personally I love the BlackBerry Passport in every way possible except the keyboard, I tried using it but just couldn't fall in love it, like I did with the 4 row keyboards.
    If BlackBerry every made a Passport with a 4 row keyboard, I swear I would the first one in line to buy em regardless of the Price
    Attached Thumbnails I want BlackBerry Passport with a 4 row Keyboard-bn-er435_stern0_p_20140923180329.jpg  
    Carey Mogdan likes this.
    07-31-15 01:16 AM
    Nah... is the best design for me.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5830442) and tfitzpat03 like this.
    07-31-15 01:39 AM
    I think the keyboard is perfect the way it is.
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    07-31-15 03:18 AM
    How long did you try using the passport keyboard? 5 minutes? A day? Two days? Two weeks?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-31-15 03:49 AM
    Just great as it is...

Posted via CB10
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    07-31-15 05:15 AM
    1st phone I ever had with a keyboard and the reason I bought it ,I felt the spread out keys would make it easy to use,I love it!
    07-31-15 05:33 AM
    I understand the OP. I like the Passport keyboard, but four rows of keys without the virtual stuff would please me even more. I've had the Passport since launch, so I've had plenty of time with it. The Classic typing experience is unparalleled.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 05:53 AM
    It would be nice if I can enter 'comma' without the use of virtual keyboard. As I can enter 'period' with double space

Posted via CB10
    Carey Mogdan and podes2204 like this.
    07-31-15 06:09 AM
    Actually I just remember I can use word substitute to achieve that , although there will be a space between the , and the word.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 06:18 AM
    Sorry again to keep replying myself to this thread, as someone might find this info useful. If we want to use word substitution to type comma, set it as %b, the %b is a macro for backspace.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 06:23 AM
    i love the device with the three rows. perfect the way it is. plus the virtual keys that pop up in certain fields is flawless. never once do i complain. they did a fantastic job with this device.
    07-31-15 07:10 AM
    Sorry again to keep replying myself to this thread, as someone might find this info useful. If we want to use word substitution to type comma, set it as %b, the %b is a macro for backspace.

Posted via CB10
    I need some guidance for use of %b macro since entry of substitution such as xxx to give xxxxx the sub inserts a space after the word... can that be avoided?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 09:01 AM
    If you have had earlier BlackBerry KB devices (I have NOT), the Passport keyboard is Much wider... I came from the HP Pre 3 which was narrower & full... I was able to accurately & rapidly type blind on it, not so on the Passport. I believe moving the keyboard to have the L & R half separated by a full height space key in the Center would help... just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 09:08 AM
    I had a Bold for about two months and never could get used to the keyboard. I love the Passport's layout and find in much easier to type on.

OP - you probably just need to forget about the four rows for now and give it more time, a long time perhaps. Muscle memory can take a while to overcome.
    07-31-15 09:22 AM
    If verizon offered it, I would have definitely given it a shot.

But I'll stick with my Classic till the next BlackBerry device comes out.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 09:26 AM
    hmm.. not too sure if it's the same scenario, but here's what i did to eliminate the space before the comma

Problem:
    I set the word "coa" and substitute it with "," - so in the middle of the sentence, when i key the word "coa", it will automatically substitute it with "," . However let's say I want to key in a sentence, there will always be a space in front of the comma, which will be like the following:

e.g.
    Hello , how are you? I am fine , thank you.

Solution:
    I will set the word "coa" and substitute it with "%b," (add %b in front of the comma). After that, the result will be the following:

e.g.
    Hello, how are you? I am fine, thank you

I need some guidance for use of %b macro since entry of substitution such as xxx to give xxxxx the sub inserts a space after the word... can that be avoided?

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 and anon(679606) like this.
    07-31-15 10:23 AM
    I have had my passport for a couple weeks now and had a tough time typing at first. I am much better at it now and I like it a lot. I am not a fast typist on any device, I really like the accuracy of a PKB however and having gesture support is amazing. It would be nice to see a classic sized device with four rows and the magical capacitive gesture supporting PKB, but three rows is right for this device.

I wish you could use the keyboard to pull up a cursor when on a website or other app, I miss having a cursor when on a web page.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 11:24 AM
    Yeah it's kind of weird when you have to switch from your keyboard surface to touch screen surface from time to time. But it's not too bad for me

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-31-15 11:59 AM
    Thanks!!

hmm.. not too sure if it's the same scenario, but here's what i did to eliminate the space before the comma

Problem:
    I set the word "coa" and substitute it with "," - so in the middle of the sentence, when i key the word "coa", it will automatically substitute it with "," . However let's say I want to key in a sentence, there will always be a space in front of the comma, which will be like the following:

e.g.

Solution:
    I will set the word "coa" and substitute it with "%b," (add %b in front of the comma). After that, the result will be the following:

e.g.
    07-31-15 02:58 PM
    I like the keyboard like that we are lucky that we have a phone with a keyboard

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 09:56 PM
    Mate, I used it for like 3 days. I ain't bad mouthin the Passport it's a flawless phone.
    It's just a personal choice with the 4 row keyboard. It just makes typing a lot easier and faster for me.

Posted via CB10
    TheGraduate likes this.
    08-01-15 03:18 AM

Problem:

e.g.

Solution:

e.g.
    Thanks SO much for this tip!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 07:12 AM
    Personally I love the BlackBerry Passport in every way possible except the keyboard, I tried using it but just couldn't fall in love it, like I did with the 4 row keyboards.
    If BlackBerry every made a Passport with a 4 row keyboard, I swear I would the first one in line to buy em regardless of the Price
    +1000

Posted via CB10
    TheGraduate and podes2204 like this.
    08-01-15 07:19 AM
    I understand the OP. I like the Passport keyboard, but four rows of keys without the virtual stuff would please me even more. I've had the Passport since launch, so I've had plenty of time with it. The Classic typing experience is unparalleled.

Posted via CB10
    You speak the truth. Passport 2 needs 4 rows.

Posted via CB10
    podes2204 likes this.
    08-01-15 08:31 AM
    If verizon offered it, I would have definitely given it a shot.

But I'll stick with my Classic till the next BlackBerry device comes out.
    Exactly... would love to see PP on VZW.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 09:15 AM
93 123 ...