Interesting little tidbit.

I was at the DriveTest center in Guelph and when giving the lady my license plate I had showed my Passport since it had a picture of it. She asked about my Passport and how it was, how I liked it, the usual except summed up within a minute because there was a line.

Turns out her husband had just bought one but hadn't booted it up yet and was nervous about the switch :P

A number of times in the past month people in elevators or just walking around have stopped and talked to me about it too!

Nice to see the Passport getting some recognition in the wild!

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    hpjrt likes this.
    04-09-15 08:03 PM
    True! Same for me, because of my business I am traveling very frequently around Europe and I have never experienced such attention and curiosity of people about this device! Business partners, customers, even people in restaurants are asking to me about.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    04-09-15 08:07 PM
    As a Classic user, I'm so glad that people are beginning to notice the Passport. It's a walking advertisement for BlackBerry and you guys taking the time to show people and tell them how much you enjoy using it - well that's the best marketing campaign one could hope for.

You could always say something like:
    'I was so impressed with the new range that BlackBerry had, I could have gone with any of the new phones but decided for the larger Passport'. This alerts people to the fact that there is an entire new range of BlackBerry devices out and that any preconceived ideas that the company was 'dead' are long since disproven.

Just out of curiosity, do the people you speak to tell you anything about what they think of BlackBerry (eg. Oh I thought they only made smaller phones / had stopped making phones / I haven't heard of BlackBerry in years).

Storm 2 > Bold 9900 > Classic
    D3C0D3R and thymaster like this.
    04-09-15 08:46 PM
    Same here, people tend to notice the red passport more than the black (its a little flashy but i love the color). When people approach me i dont hesitate to let them take it for a spin. I show off the key BB10 features like hub, gestures, and android app support to name a few. You would not believe the amount of people that actually like the design. At first you can see they are like uncertain when holding the foreign object but get pretty comfortable quick. Its been interesting to see people's reactions before and after they play around with it. I have had a lot of people look at me funny like "BlackBerry really, did your employer set you up with it?". When i tell them i chose it with my own free will over one of those high-end android phones they get more confused lol. Just gotta let more people see this phone and play with it. Some people are still like well its not for me and i get that. That's why i have been questioning why BlackBerry has yet to release an all touch with passport specs or higher. Hopefully that slider will bait some interest.
    04-09-15 09:06 PM
    Just out of curiosity, do the people you speak to tell you anything about what they think of BlackBerry (eg. Oh I thought they only made smaller phones / had stopped making phones / I haven't heard of BlackBerry in years).
    Some of them just seem so shocked that BlackBerry has these high-profile, fast, beautiful devices and wonder why they haven't heard of them.

Most just say "Oh I've heard about that, that's the Passport, right? What's it like? Do you like it?"

That's at least how it is for me!

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    04-10-15 12:20 AM