Passport owner since it became available in my country (around the 20th of oktober 2014).
    But reading this forum, I got almost scared; the Passport logo could come off, the antenna's at the back could come off as well (which are not even antennas; that's also why I call this the Noob forum), the screen could lift up, the screen would scratch easily. Keys would become loose. And so on..

I have used my passport every single day, with no case, no screen protector. And let me tell you; it's absolutely perfect still.

BlackBerry Noob forum gave me a lot of doubts-img_20150605_091619.jpg

It really sickens me how this forum almost scared me away from getting the best phone I have ever used.
    There is noobs all over the place.

So I was looking for a sachesi code for 10.3.2 for my passport. And in the forum they claim it's not there. So here I am thinking... is this true? or is it just so that there are a bunch of noobs with nothing better to do, claiming it's not there..?? I could be downloading it right now for all I know if it was not for all those noobs
    06-05-15 02:27 AM
    People come here a lot of times with problems, complaints, questions, or upset because of hardware or software issues.

People that have perfect Passports don't seem as likely to make a thread about how theirs is fine, like you've done. Enjoy it.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 02:43 AM
    i'm talking about actual noobs
    06-05-15 02:53 AM
    Most of the people who use the forum do so because they're users and fans of the device. I'm pretty sure they contribute to threads to offer what help they can or to agree and encourage you to use a previous posters idea. Sure,they might not know the correct term for something but it's not too hard imo to work out what is meant. I definitely don't think the bulk of the posts are there just to talk rubbish or give out advice to confuse or lead you in the wrong direction. If you don't like the posts don't follow them. It's great that you haven't had any problems but unfortunately some people have. I always read as much as I can on a subject if I'm having problems and some stuff I use, some I don't. It's up to you what you take away from here. Like the previous poster said it's usually only people who have problems who write on the forums. That's true on any forum,not just here.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:15 AM
    noobs shouldn't get Passports in the first place...

both kinds of Passports even lol
    06-05-15 05:19 AM
    My AT&T Passports seem reasonably well built. I do take good care of them though, always in their body glove cases unless they're getting charged, and always in their holsters when not in use.

I haven't noticed any screen lifting or logo fade.

No unnecessary heating.

No double typing, but I am quite gentle with the keyboard and use a Bluetooth keyboard to type long emails and documents to reduce actual keyboard use.

I do have insurance on them but would rather not abuse them. Lol!

I have really good experience using my Passports.

via Z30
    06-05-15 05:40 AM
    No there isn't carrier codes yet

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.798 | CB Mod
    06-05-15 05:47 AM
    noobs shouldn't get Passports in the first place...

both kinds of Passports even lol
    Well that's harsh. Actually I have always thought that there were a certain group of people who are so ridiculous that they will complain about every little thing - your basic Henny Penney and the sky is falling crap. No doubt there are those that have legitimate issues but I also believe there are those that break out the magnifying glass in search of every little imperfection. Oh and I will forever have a hard time with people who have complained about "creaking" keyboards. Really?
    06-05-15 06:44 AM
    i'm talking about actual noobs
    Hello DeRedder, what many people don't take into account is that people normally only post here if they have an issue with their devices.

Which means there could have been 300 sold but 3 were defective and those people "complain" here

I feel the same as you, I also saw issues with the Q5 but ignored all the comments because I felt it was the right decision to buy and I haven't had a single issue for almost 2 years now! Best buy decision.

I try to where possible shed some positive light on devices.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    06-05-15 06:49 AM
    As others have already said, there may be 20 percent of the people who've bought a passport and are facing issues, they will come to the forums for advice or to let others know. The rest 80 percent won't start new threads saying how perfect their phone has been.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 07:19 AM
    Hello DeRedder, what many people don't take into account is that people normally only post here if they have an issue with their devices.

Which means there could have been 300 sold but 3 were defective and those people "complain" here

I feel the same as you, I also saw issues with the Q5 but ignored all the comments because I felt it was the right decision to buy and I haven't had a single issue for almost 2 years now! Best buy decision.

I try to where possible shed some positive light on devices.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    Yep. That's how it works with any product. I have bought a lot of products that had bad online ratings and reviews. One in particular was a nice looking TV on sale at Walmart. Kept finding reviews that said the TV would work for 31 days and then die. TV was a really good price, so I bought it anyway. 4 years later it's still working perfect. In retrospect I'm thinking one person with a bad experience and a whole lot of time on their hands spent an awful lot of time drafting a lot of similar style reviews under multiple usernames. When people are unhappy, they will put a lot of time into complaining.

Not to say issues reported here are not real, it's just, people without issues have less motivation to start threads. I rarely start a thread unless I have a problem. Satisfied customers have less to talk about.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 11:50 AM