Then BlackBerry user should satisfied only with limited app, and won't be able to grab larger market share

Posted via CB10
    Yes.

BlackBerry is not going to gain any market share for the foreseeable future while they maintain their focus on exclusively enterprise and governments.

There will be no increased app selection. Pre-loading the Amazon App Store was to placate the loyal fan base, not to gain new consumer business. BlackBerry World is pretty much dead already when it comes to consumer offerings
    11-29-14 11:08 AM
    So sad to hear that, such a waste to good os

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 12:07 PM
    Yes.

BlackBerry is not going to gain any market share for the foreseeable future while they maintain their focus on exclusively enterprise and governments.

There will be no increased app selection. Pre-loading the Amazon App Store was to placate the loyal fan base, not to gain new consumer business. BlackBerry World is pretty much dead already when it comes to consumer offerings
    The goal is to make BlackBerry a profitable company, if that means focusing on enterprise so be it. I particularly have no need for more apps.
    As long as BlackBerry keeps developing it's software and maintains their productivity / security first approach I'm a happy camper. If it sells by the millions or not is none of my business.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-29-14 12:24 PM
    No, I don't think so and not because I don't have faith in BlackBerry. Apple has successfully built a lifestyle brand. BlackBerry will never do this because that isn't part of the company ethos. I believe that there will come a time when the brand isn't the laughingstock or assumed to be dead in the water, but being as big as Apple? No, and I don't think BlackBerry ever wanted that.
    11-29-14 01:40 PM
    No, I don't think so and not because I don't have faith in BlackBerry. Apple has successfully built a lifestyle brand. BlackBerry will never do this because that isn't part of the company ethos. I believe that there will come a time when the brand isn't the laughingstock or assumed to be dead in the water, but being as big as Apple? No, and I don't think BlackBerry ever wanted that.
    Dare to dream, dare to dream.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    11-29-14 02:21 PM
    Definitely cannot see that happening anytime soon, as much as I would like it to be.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 02:23 PM
    Dare to dream, dare to dream.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    I hope that BB can recapture a good portion of the market share again, but I highly doubt that they can be on Apple's current level ever. Apple is an American icon, whether people agree that their products are worth the hype. BlackBerry just comes across as very humble and straightforward. I like that about them.
    11-29-14 05:26 PM
    Let's stop comparing to apple. Hopefully blackberry is just treading their own way to re-success

Posted via my Classic Passport
    11-29-14 07:17 PM
    Gosh I hope they dont...seriously. I just wish that they are prosperous enough to continue making great devices that caters to those who need them.
    11-29-14 08:13 PM
    Let's stop comparing to apple. Hopefully blackberry is just treading their own way to re-success

That's a great point. I guess we usually compare things to the most successful in terms of sales etc. I'm with you though, BlackBerry doesn't need to compare itself to anyone. Let the quality, company, sales etc speak for themselves moving forward.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    11-29-14 10:44 PM

This very much! As a blackberry superfan I have come to terms that blackberry will probably never be what they once were. I think we all need to get this. But they can still be successful and blaze their own path. I love what Chen is doing I haven't felt this positive about the company in a LONG time. I love the passport a device so different that people have to take notice. He is still new give him time and let's see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    Coraya and Barbareren like this.
    11-30-14 06:28 AM
    I would say no -- not even close to the same thing.

Apple targets a huge consumer market. They set the standard for how to phone designs are to be made. They did this by making a super easy user interface, really well built beautiful hardware and embracing the app store and regulating it for security.

BlackBerry has innovated with the passport but it's a niche product for a niche market. This phone isn't going to change the whole market.

What they did do is provide a small segment of the market a great device. that's what they need to continue to focus on. I doubt they are ever able to compete in the consumer market. And that's ok -- they don't need to to be successful.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by l_jack; 11-30-14 at 09:25 AM.
    11-30-14 09:13 AM
87 ... 234