ATT will unfortunately never carry this phone.
    07-23-14 04:37 PM
    I don't think the perception is that there has been an improvement in Blackberrys smartphone business. They have lower market share than ever, fewer carriers, less advertising, and more layoffs since the Z30 launch. The stock price has risen due to the company's non-smartphone prospects. In fact, it's questionable whether there will even be a North American launch. Are any of the carriers definitely on-board?
    As for the smartphone business, other than the Z3 in Indonesia, India etc, yes the perception hasn't changed. Expect the same until the Passport, Classic and 10.3.1 update arrive. Second, of course there has been layoffs and no marketing since the Z30 launch. Nothing out of the ordinary in BlackBerry's restructure process. This has all been well documented since Mr. Chen took over. You have to realize, this will take six more quarters for any kind of meaningful headway in this regard. Yes, carriers are testing. Rogers is one of them.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    07-28-14 06:17 PM
    Nowhere in the UK high street. Not a single one in my local Carphone Warehouse. I was practically laughed out of the EE shop with a "we haven't sold Blackberries in about 18 months, mate".

I was looking forward to seeing one. Don't know what I'll do now.
    10-06-14 06:25 AM
    I agree whole-heartedly with the OP, particularly given the eye-catching novelty of a square smartphone. But with the shift in form factor, consumers really would benefit from a side-by-side hands-on comparison with their current, necessarily thinner smartphone. I am waiting to get a Surface Pro 3 even though I have a Surface Pro 1. Before I would layout all the cash for an upgrade, I went to a Staples to see how the SP3, with its larger, squarer form factor, looked and felt in direct and proximate comparison to the landscape-oriented form-factor of the original. BB is asking consumers to make a change and to go against the taller and thinner trends, so it also makes sense to give prospective customers a real concrete sense of what they will be landing on.
    Great point!!!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-06-14 06:41 AM
    Nowhere in the UK high street. Not a single one in my local Carphone Warehouse. I was practically laughed out of the EE shop with a "we haven't sold Blackberries in about 18 months, mate".

I think we've all been iphone and android device brainwashed over the years. I often wondered myself in modern society whoever invented the tall rectangle shape for phones anyways. I give great kudos for BlackBerry for paving the way once again like the golden age of BlackBerry's is about to arrive with this awesome design direction. C'mon folks let's give our heads a big shake and get iphoneitis and androiditis out of our heads and move to the square!!!!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-06-14 06:45 AM
    There was an ama on Reddit where a software guy from BlackBerry said he'd be touring TELUS stores and giving shoppers hands on demos over the next few weeks.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:48 AM

Pretty much the same as my experiences with uk retailer's. I went down to Selfridges on launch day so I got to play with one quite extensively along with talking to the BlackBerry reps there. From there on I decided to buy my passport albeit a week later from mpd for 430 uk pounds sim free delivered. Cheapest price I have seen so far.

Maybe try some voda shops but none of my local ones have it on display. If u are close to London then I'd suggest go to Selfridges and have a play with the ones on display. Pretty sure they have ones still, it's a store within a store.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:45 AM
    I don't live near a Selfridges. I suppose I'll have to wait for my next trip to Manchester.

I want to hold it in my hand before I buy.
    10-06-14 09:49 AM
    Can't agree more

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    10-06-14 09:50 AM
    I agree as well. I live near Charlotte, NC and would love the chance to spend even a few minutes with one before committing to buying. Doesn't look like that will be an option around here.
    10-06-14 09:53 AM
60 123