Hi All,
    At my doctors the other day. took out my Passport and put down on the table. Doctor comes in and sees my phone, takes a double look at it and says "That's a Blackberry? must be an old one, they don't make phones anymore" I was speechless, he is a neurosurgeon and I would think he would be up with modern day tech. But then I said well this one is only a year old. He did say that Blackberry was the original smartphone, then chuckled. It amazes me that when people see my phone and say things like that.
    /quadcells
    02-09-16 08:39 AM
    As a blackberry user,you should get used to that,lol

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 08:46 AM
    As a blackberry user,you should get used to that,lol

Posted via CB10
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 08:47 AM
    I hear ya. I stopped into a Best Buy Mobile store in the mall recently and asked for a Priv. The lady's response was, " You're like the 2nd person to ask for that phone within the past 10 minutes. I didn't know they still made phones." Then proceeded to ask, "what phone do you have now?" I gladly showed my Z10. I made sure to mention the Passport as well, two of the reps begin to look at them online and were actually quite impressed. Hope they spread the word.
    02-09-16 08:48 AM
    Ha, no joke, this happens all the time..."is that a 'cough' BlackBerry? They're still around?" followed my mocking and laughter...then I show off my Passport SE and it gets quieter, like, "oh, that's kinda cool." BlackBerry will be business school case study material for many years...on how to blow the lead.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    Xeak likes this.
    02-09-16 09:00 AM
    I guess I stop caring. As they went Android, I started to believe this company is going DOWN. They totally have no idea what they should do.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 09:04 AM
    I guess I stop caring. As they went Android, I started to believe this company is going DOWN. They totally have no idea what they should do.

Posted via CB10
    Only BB10 is going down. BlackBerry's quite OK.

*C5303
    Tien-Lin Chang and Xeak like this.
    02-09-16 09:09 AM
    Nothing like a BlackBerry to get things done!
    My SE Passport kicks **** and get lots of looks and comments in a good way!
    I don't care if others mock it I blaze the path not follow in the dust!
    02-09-16 11:56 AM
    When I tell people I have a BlackBerry they say that the used to love their old BlackBerry Curve, bold, pearl... then they didn't know they still made handsets

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek and benwards2 like this.
    02-09-16 01:01 PM
    Nothing like a BlackBerry to get things done!
    My SE Passport kicks **** and get lots of looks and comments in a good way!
    I don't care if others mock it I blaze the path not follow in the dust!
    Damn Texans and their delusions of grandeur.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    texn884 and Moseo13 like this.
    02-09-16 01:24 PM
    I was speechless, he is a neurosurgeon and I would think he would be up with modern day tech.
    I doubt Ben Carson would know much about modern day tech, although I doubt he knows much about anything.
    02-09-16 01:39 PM
    I had the opposite yesterday. Went to get a shoarma, the shopowner was amazed by the design of the phone (passport SE) and started asking a lot of questions. He said he was going to buy one!!

Posted via CB10
    Jane23 likes this.
    02-09-16 01:59 PM
    I doubt Ben Carson would know much about modern day tech, although I doubt he knows much about anything.
    I agree. A brilliant brain surgeon such as he is most likely a total moron. I mean anybody can accomplish what he has, right of the street.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    CmdrStraker and Mr Bigs like this.
    02-09-16 02:01 PM
    I showed my Passport to someone using a Q10 last week. His response "Oh that phone is really old.". I told him it wasn't and he argued with me.

I'm not sure really how I could have won that one.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 02:48 PM
    Touche'
    techvisor likes this.
    02-09-16 02:55 PM
    I showed my Passport to someone using a Q10 last week. His response "Oh that phone is really old.". I told him it wasn't and he argued with me.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe doing a web search on your rockin' passport ?

From Passport with Love (and sometimes my Q10 with love too)
    02-09-16 03:49 PM
    Honestly, its just ignorance and people only see iOS and Android. Every other OS is invisible.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-09-16 04:17 PM
    I'm in college and used to get stupid remarks from "smart" people all the time on all my bb10 devices, including the passport. Now I have a Priv, and anyone who sees it is in absolute awe. For the first time I know someone who is considering upgrading to a Priv (he's only on the fence because he wanted a phone with duel Sim cards for traveling). I really hope that BlackBerry can sell enough Privs to make a profit because this company really does produce the best hardware.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-09-16 05:43 PM
    Honestly, its just ignorance and people only see iOS and Android. Every other OS is invisible.
    yes ingnorance and yes to invisible, its hard to see whats there when bb doesnt even bother to advertise its almost like they dont want people to know they make phones
    02-09-16 07:50 PM
    Well, at first glance, a big phone with a keyboard might make someone think it's a very old BlackBerry... y'know, before things could be miniaturized.
    JeepBB, techvisor and joseanmx like this.
    02-09-16 08:00 PM
    your doctor has more important things to follow up on (latest surgery technology, techniques, drugs, research reports, new discoveries and development about the brain, diseases, cancer, patients etc.) than worry about the newest phone that would probably last 1 year
    arkenoi and joseanmx like this.
    02-09-16 08:07 PM
    Agreed. They really need to throw some commercials on TV showing their new phones. The Priv is beautiful and would get people talking about Blackberry again. I get compliments on how sharp and "sweet" my Passport looks all the time. Ofcourse, I also get the occaissional back-hand like "Do you get emails from the 90s on that thing? Like notifications for Doobie Brothers concerts..."
    02-09-16 08:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Like this:
    BlackBerry Priv vs. BlackBerry Passport vs. BlackBerry Q10 - GSMArena.com
    02-09-16 08:51 PM
    Maybe doing a web search on your rockin' passport ?

From Passport with Love (and sometimes my Q10 with love too)
    Nah, he was the sort of person who could not and would not be wrong. I have never encountered such a personality before. He let me know I was wrong that I bought my phone in April 2015. Didn't even know he was watching me, but he knew.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 09:09 PM
    Hi All,
    At my doctors the other day. took out my Passport and put down on the table. Doctor comes in and sees my phone, takes a double look at it and says "That's a Blackberry? must be an old one, they don't make phones anymore" I was speechless, he is a neurosurgeon and I would think he would be up with modern day tech. But then I said well this one is only a year old. He did say that Blackberry was the original smartphone, then chuckled. It amazes me that when people see my phone and say things like that.
    /quadcells
    Strange but a true fact . This is the irony of Blackberry . It doesnt matter to me . I am proud of my choices of Blackberry devices from Passport to the the Priv . For me Blackberry makes my day always .
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-09-16 11:48 PM
43 12