Anyone else having issues with backing up their phone via link? I have tried several times. Unistalled and reinstalled the software, selected what to back up and when all are selected it doesn't work. Only when I select one or the other not all. Frustrated because I need to do a reset due to lagging and freezing.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 06:39 PM
    Link never worked for me across a Z10 and then Z30 despite hours of troubleshooting with each device and attempting multiple PCs. That is until (!) I did a security wipe on my Z30 and since then, it works flawlessly. You might be stuck without another option, like I was.
    08-25-16 07:09 PM
    I also unable backup using BlackBerry Link. Alternatively i'm using Dorcy's Tool which works flawlessly.

Posted via CB10 on Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.746
    08-25-16 07:33 PM
    Where can I get dorcy's tool?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 08:33 PM
    08-25-16 08:39 PM
    Link did never work as it should on my Z30. I uninstallied it very soon.

For backups I use Ultimate Backup from BBW, which allows to save zipped files anywhere, also on the SD card. If you want to move them to another place you can easily do it.
    08-25-16 11:55 PM
    Did you try removing BlackBerry link and reinstalling

Forgiven
    08-26-16 01:35 PM
    Yes, I've had trouble using Link with my Passport except for one complete backup I was able to make right after I got my Passport. However, all my subsequent backup attempts have been made after sideloading Snap and downloading a bunch of Android apps, so I can't say all that doesn't have something to do with my problems.

Actually, I have only had problems of sorts: while the Mac app has been completely unusable - no backup selection options appear at all - Link for Windows has allowed me to backup as long as I create a custom backup that excludes application data. Thus it may be worthwhile for folks having trouble with Link using one platform to try another, if possible, before calling it a day.
    08-28-16 08:37 PM
    I have never had any problems connecting BlackBerry Link with any of my BB10 devices. However, I stopped using it to backup my devices long time ago. I've found restoring from BlackBerry Link backup causes more trouble than what it's worth. So I just use Ultimate Backup to backup all my data to an USB drive. I would also restore clean each time. That is reloading the OS using an autoloader, reinstalling all apps from scratch and recovering my data from the USB drive.
    08-28-16 10:00 PM
    I may need to reinstall the OS. I think thats my next best move. After I back it up.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 10:02 AM
    I solved the problem by changing the destination folders property. Make sure that you are running as an administrator and the folder has write permission

HA! I got a Priv
    08-29-16 11:21 AM
    I've had my Z30 for almost 3 years now. The Link backup process works just fine for me. I always use the "custom" backup and I select those apps which have sufficient user data to make it worthwhile. For example, I don't bother tick the box for Google Earth cuz I don't need my Google Earth history to be restored. But for apps like the browser, I want all my settings, history and bookmarks restored so I select it.

My advice is to make sure your os is updated asap. What version do you have? And as the previous poster said, you must have administrator privileges to be able to save the backup file on your computer.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 01:07 AM