Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone using their Blackberry in the UK is with Three? The reason I ask is where I live 3G is very limited and Three is the only company where I'm able to get 3G coverage thats reliable.

I'm worried when the Passport is released that Three may not carry the Passport. Anyone here have a contract with Three and uses a Blackberry device?

Don't really want to be forced into buying an iPhone 6, simply because they don't carry the device I want. My contract is due for renewal / upgrade on the 4th October.
    09-13-14 10:08 AM
    Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone using their Blackberry in the UK is with Three? The reason I ask is where I live 3G is very limited and Three is the only company where I'm able to get 3G coverage thats reliable.

I'm worried when the Passport is released that Three may not carry the Passport. Anyone here have a contract with Three and uses a Blackberry device?

Don't really want to be forced into buying an iPhone 6, simply because they don't carry the device I want. My contract is due for renewal / upgrade on the 4th October.
    Three have all but dropped all BlackBerry devices your best bet is Carphone Warehouse? I'm assuming you're not in a position to buy Passport off contract elsewhere and get a sim only plan?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 11:30 AM
    Three have all but dropped all BlackBerry devices your best bet is Carphone Warehouse? I'm assuming you're not in a position to buy Passport off contract elsewhere and get a sim only plan?

Posted via CB10
    I think that may be my only option now. Can grab a sim only contract for �18/m (12 months). Should be able to get �150 ish for my iPhone 5 and the rest I'll just put towards the Passport.

Done a fair amount of browsing various carriers and third party companies today such as Car phone warehouse, dialaphone etc. It seems like 90% of them have removed Blackberry completely from their range.
    09-13-14 12:34 PM
    I think that may be my only option now. Can grab a sim only contract for �18/m (12 months). Should be able to get �150 ish for my iPhone 5 and the rest I'll just put towards the Passport.

Done a fair amount of browsing various carriers and third party companies today such as Car phone warehouse, dialaphone etc. It seems like 90% of them have removed Blackberry completely from their range.
    �150 for iPhone 5?! Should get a lot more than that! Carphone Warehouse do still support BlackBerry, but only carrying devices in certain stores (mostly the bigger ones) should be able to order from online though, and they should be carrying the Passport

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 12:36 PM
    �150 for iPhone 5?! Should get a lot more than that! Carphone Warehouse do still support BlackBerry, but only carrying devices in certain stores (mostly the bigger ones) should be able to order from online though, and they should be carrying the Passport

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I'm not too sure on the price I'll get for my i5. I'm kinda reluctant now to selling on eBay due to some of their ridiculous fees and the problem with buyers. �155 is the price I was quoted from Envirophone.

I've just noticed on the CPW site I don't think they deal with Three, may have to go directly now. I've noticed a few other websites are the same. I guess I'll just wait and see, never know they might stock it. Worst case scenario I buy it outright on a sim only contact. Thanks!
    09-13-14 12:42 PM
    Thanks, I'm not too sure on the price I'll get for my i5. I'm kinda reluctant now to selling on eBay due to some of their ridiculous fees and the problem with buyers. �155 is the price I was quoted from Envirophone.

I've just noticed on the CPW site I don't think they deal with Three, may have to go directly now. I've noticed a few other websites are the same. I guess I'll just wait and see, never know they might stock it. Worst case scenario I buy it outright on a sim only contact. Thanks!
    No worries, websites like envirophone will always give you a lower than market valuation because they want to sell at market value, you've chosen a bad time because i6 is a little way from release, best way to find out what you could get is to search similar product with same memory on ebay and Amazon, then sell it on a site like gumtree which always gives first listing free, or wait for a no selling fee day on Ebay, no worries and hope you find a good deal, I do now remember one of the managers at CPW saying they don't to 3 anymore, have you tried networks like EE for coverage in your area? I know you said 3 is the only one so just wondering

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 12:56 PM
    Try buymobile.net had my z10 off them on three UK and had a really good deal
    Stuart Clapperton likes this.
    09-13-14 12:58 PM
    Got my Q10 on Three from CPW last May. Happy with them so far. If they offer the Passport I will renew with them.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 02:01 PM
    No worries, websites like envirophone will always give you a lower than market valuation because they want to sell at market value, you've chosen a bad time because i6 is a little way from release, best way to find out what you could get is to search similar product with same memory on ebay and Amazon, then sell it on a site like gumtree which always gives first listing free, or wait for a no selling fee day on Ebay, no worries and hope you find a good deal, I do now remember one of the managers at CPW saying they don't to 3 anymore, have you tried networks like EE for coverage in your area? I know you said 3 is the only one so just wondering

Posted via CB10
    EE are OK, coverage is fine where I live, at my work place however it's pretty low signal but still usable. Thanks for your help!
    09-13-14 02:06 PM
    Will try both sites mentioned above nearer time of launch. Regardless of whether Three stock the Passport or not, I'll still be running a Three sim. Would just be a hell of a lot easier if they did -.-
    09-13-14 02:10 PM
    EE are OK, coverage is fine where I live, at my work place however it's pretty low signal but still usable. Thanks for your help!
    No problem maybe tweet them or something they might do it just for you

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 02:27 PM
    i ask to Three shop in Westfield london but they wont carry BlackBerry anymore.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 01:51 PM
    i ask to Three shop in Westfield london but they wont carry BlackBerry anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah 3 as a network have turned their back don't have even legacy devices on show i believe

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 01:56 PM
    Three no longer allows Carphone Warehouse to sell their tariffs or sim only deals.

I would highly recommend finding an independent retailer because buying the device out right and then using sim only contract from three might not be in your interests in terms of support. As three won't provide support on Blackberry's... I don't even think they ever sold blackberry contracts before.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 01:57 PM
    Three no longer allows Carphone Warehouse to sell their tariffs or sim only deals.

I would highly recommend finding an independent retailer because buying the device out right and then using sim only contract from three might not be in your interests in terms of support. As three won't provide support on Blackberry's... I don't even think they ever sold blackberry contracts before.

Posted via CB10
    They did, they only stopped within the last year around the time BlackBerry was put up for sale, I agree it's important to consider support so whoever you get it from make sure you get support for as long as you want to keep the device if possible

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 02:33 PM