I've read all the posts in this thread but there is one thing I'm not clear on, if I connect my soon to be purchased Passport (once ATT starts selling it) to my work computer via USB will I be able to use Blend even though I don't get cell service in my office? I know work won't let me connect to the wifi (shhh..don't tell them I did get the password). Thanks.
    If you have a data connection on your passport i.e wifi then yes I'm sure blend will work fine over USB. I have not tested it but I cannot see why it wouldn't work.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-29-14 07:08 AM
    If you have a data connection on your passport i.e wifi then yes I'm sure blend will work fine over USB. I have not tested it but I cannot see why it wouldn't work.

Posted via CB10
    Not having (management approved) wifi data is the issue. Will Blend use the computer's internet connection instead of wifi or cell data.?
    09-29-14 07:40 AM
    I was under the impression that as long as blend was enabled on a compatible BB device, then blend will work automatically from your workstation as you sign in to your BB ID using the work stations internet connection.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-29-14 07:42 AM
    I was under the impression that as long as blend was enabled on a compatible BB device, then blend will work automatically from your workstation as you sign in to your BB ID using the work stations internet connection.
    That's what I'm hoping for. Since all of my team members have each others computer password as backups I really want all my personal communications off my work computer. This looks like the perfect solution. Thanks.
    09-29-14 07:45 AM
    Nobody else having as issue connecting to their workspace?
    I get an error stating that data access is blocked due to IT policy. Opened ticket with my internal support team but I'm not overly confident.

If anyone knows the exact rule or policy that needs to be configured, that would be helpful. If I point them directly at what I want it may be easier...

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:51 AM
    Nobody else having as issue connecting to their workspace?
    I get an error stating that data access is blocked due to IT policy. Opened ticket with my internal support team but I'm not overly confident.

If anyone knows the exact rule or policy that needs to be configured, that would be helpful. If I point them directly at what I want it may be easier...

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    The BlackBerry Blend IT Policies need to be present and enabled on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. These policies can be found in BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.2.4 or later.

If using an earlier version of BlackBerry Enterprise Service as stated above then an upgrade is required.

* Upgrade BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to version 10.2.4 or later
    * Enable Workspace access within the BlackBerry Blend IT Policy group
    * For more information please visit BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - US, or http://docs.blackberry.com/66554
    09-29-14 07:57 AM
    The BlackBerry Blend IT Policies need to be present and enabled on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. These policies can be found in BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.2.4 or later.

If using an earlier version of BlackBerry Enterprise Service as stated above then an upgrade is required.

* Upgrade BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to version 10.2.4 or later
    * Enable Workspace access within the BlackBerry Blend IT Policy group
    * For more information please visit BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - US, or http://docs.blackberry.com/66554
    Awesome info. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 11:19 AM
    Having access to BBM, SMS, and all accounts in the hub definitely means I'll be using the Playbook less while sitting at my desk. When I travel, my experience directly on the device is the same, so I'll be happier.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    09-29-14 12:47 PM
    It is a shame that BlackBerry are making the Z30, Z10 & Q10 users with OS 10.3.0.* wait to use Blend.
    09-29-14 06:54 PM
    I've read all the posts in this thread but there is one thing I'm not clear on, if I connect my soon to be purchased Passport (once ATT starts selling it) to my work computer via USB will I be able to use Blend even though I don't get cell service in my office? I know work won't let me connect to the wifi (shhh..don't tell them I did get the password). Thanks.
    I just confirmed this works with all connections turned off. No cell, no data and no wifi turned on. Plugged it in via USB and it connected to Blend. Oh and I even unplugged internet from my PC. Just curious why you would bother if you don't have cell service or are you saying you will connect to your works wifi with your phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:13 PM
35 12