Hi all, nice to meet you guys. Upon today's news from blackberry, my heart had never felt so empty and crestfallen.

I had been a bb user for around 5 years. In my early teenage years, I had been a nokia user (i believe 9 out of 10 people are those days), thereafter switching to Samsung Android. However, as I grew up, I realised the security-conscious side of me, and also wanting something that can boost my productivity in work. And so I found Blackberry.

I started off with Bold 9900, and there it goes cementing a special place in my heart. With the bold in my hands, I felt myself elevated from the pool of Iphones and Galaxies. Even two years back when I switch to Passport, I still keep my bold with me. It's like, no blackberries will ever leave me after I got them. Haha..

Right now, I am using iphone 6s+ and passport, and it cannot be denied that the plethora of apps in IOS and Android is the main killer for blackberry. I do not install any third party app on my passport, as most of my work can be covered by the bb apps already in the phone (email (alot), docs, calls, pwkeeper), while i uses Iphone for social and others (apps cannot be found in bbworld, and I hate the android apk. on my passport).

So few people around me are using bb nowadays, I only have my best buddy who is using Classic as the only one I knew that is using bb. While Iphones offers plenty of quality apps, intuitive use and often gorgeous design, Android on the other hand offers endless customization and innovative uses (I am also in love with Note series), blackberry just offer that "ommph" that only blackberry users will know. We all know what we love in blackberries, but the world is cruel, and without the support (both apps and clientele market demand), it cannot go on surviving.

I will hold on to my passport and bold, even though the battery is now getting bad (all syncing are already toned down from before, no third party, locations almost off, brightness down, but still cannot last a day, in fact less than half a day), and there is no updates to the OS so far.

I just feel so sad, so many beautiful things in the world are already gone, and now, I will have to mourn another, which is so close to my heart...

Your Truly,

bbsim
    09-28-16 10:32 PM
    Glad to hear your Voice and an honest opinion.

 BlackBerry Passport 
    09-29-16 12:37 AM
    Nice read and welcome to Crackberry.
    09-30-16 04:04 AM
    Android on the other hand offers endless customization and innovative uses (I am also in love with Note series), blackberry just offer that "ommph" that only blackberry users will know.
    The 'Ommph' is what is keeping me here.

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    09-30-16 07:52 AM
    Nice to hear your honest thoughts I often feel the same. But: what I like about BlackBerry is that it doesn't distract me from the important things I need to get done on my phone, I'm a kind of user which uses few social media anyway and I don't really want to play games either as I feel like the phone is not the right place for me to do that. I play a lot of videogames - I especially like the old school ones which remind me of my childhood - so I just play on other devices or emulators for the old ones. I'm not interested in online gaming and such. I just don't play the kind of games that are suited as apps anyways.
    I like fun apps but that's it. I get bored easily with that glitter and sparkle and a bunch of useless extra features. I end up opening them a few times and then I forget about them completely and just delete them.
    I feel more at home with a Blackberry in my hand.
    I'm also a type who never found touch screen only phones to be aesthetically appealing. I want my phone to be a statement and I want it to match my ideal aesthetics of what I want a phone to look like. The keyboard is always a charm of its own but also the design and built quality and the materials... they are a beautiful accessory. (I'm a girl, no interest in accessories but those phones are so bold and manly somehow, I'm a huge fan of those looks. OK this sounds weird!)
    The boys on here don't you like your phone as an aesthetic accessory as well?
    Also if you have an iphone or android, plus your fave berry in the lineup, I think you are fine with that combo. You can still enjoy all the apps on another device and keep the blackberry experience with you as well, with its limits and advantages.
    Unfortunately I guess we would all like it better if we could do everything on our favourite device instead of having a separate phone for each app we need to open.. users like me who carry like 3 phones with them anyway are fine with that, but I understand an ideal case scenario where for example you just want the Passport and you wish it would open every kind of app you need. That would be nice!

I hope that the absence of apps won't force blackberry users to leave at some point.

I assume that most if not all the people on Crackberry, love � or did at some point or another love � their BlackBerry phone. Isn�t that pretty good in itself?
    The bad times will end again at some point, I have faith in them and all the lacks and fails haven't scared me away yet.

Posted via CB10
    bbsim likes this.
    10-26-16 07:59 AM
    I still think BB10 was the best OS out there!
    10-26-16 02:18 PM
    Thank you all for replying and ur sincere comments, it makes me feel so much better to know I'm not alone out here.

bbsim@PassPort
    10-27-16 03:35 AM