Hi all,

Again and again bashing blackberry from the bending phone fans (or paid by someone).

BlackBerry Passport review | Re/code

BlackBerry Passport Review: When the Best You've Got Isn't Good Enough

BlackBerry Passport review | The Verge

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:47 AM
    It is going to happen. Peolple want their phones as toys these days. BlackBerry makes a superb profesional device.

If i wanted something to wipe my ***, I would hire a butler... not expect it from my phone.

As a strong community we will make it through the hating like we always have

We dont BEND... we BLEND!
    AYC2112 likes this.
    09-27-14 08:05 AM
    The one thing to bear in mind is that the public are not stupid. They can tell the difference between a well thought out critical review, and a hatchet job.

I'm sure you've read tech reviews of other products you don't have where you've thought in some instances it's well critiqued and others it's just idiotic.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:09 AM
    Read the first article and how can the writer say the BB10 is a hack job between Android and iOS.

For every A-hole with a computer who now thinks they are a journalist with their editorial style of reporting there are very few real journalists who research and remain unbiased by giving the reader just the facts.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-27-14 08:49 AM
    The one thing to bear in mind is that the public are not stupid. They can tell the difference between a well thought out critical review, and a hatchet job.

I'm sure you've read tech reviews of other products you don't have where you've thought in some instances it's well critiqued and others it's just idiotic.

Posted via CB10
    What? The public are not stupid? 83% of them are. The general public are so dumb, so so dumb.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    der_mit, 00stryder and NtotheK like this.
    09-27-14 09:18 AM
    "Not for $600. Not a chance. For $50 more you can get an iPhone 6

These conclusions alone discredit the reviewers. The market that Blackberry is targeting doesn't care that for an extra $50 they can get an iphone6.
    09-27-14 09:24 AM
    "Not for $600. Not a chance. For $50 more you can get an iPhone 6

These conclusions alone discredit the reviewers. The market that Blackberry is targeting doesn't care that for an extra $50 they can get an iphone6.
    ... for $50 more you can get an iPhone 6 with 8 GB of storage space...

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    09-27-14 09:40 AM
    In other words, I'm 24GB in the red, for downgrading to an iphone6?
    09-27-14 09:42 AM
    What? The public are not stupid? 83% of them are.
    ??? In all seriousness you need to change that 3 to a 8 my friend.
    09-27-14 09:49 AM
    ??? In all seriousness you need to change that 3 to a 8 my friend.
    You are so right lol.

09-27-14 10:26 AM
    That's why BlackBerry don't sell more, just 17perct. Has the intelligence to it!

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    09-27-14 10:35 AM
    Thanks for posting those links, even though it lead to a mildly depressing morning for me. At least the re/code review wasn't as brutal as the other two. I guess I'm just not part of that generation who walks down the street holding coffee in one hand and operating i-phone with the other while feet step out in front of speeding fire truck.
    09-27-14 12:17 PM
    It should be clear by now to every nitwit reviewer out there that this is a niche device, just as BlackBerry has turned (back) into a niche company. (And apparently, as the phone has turned profitable on day one, BlackBerry might have gauged the size of the niche correctly this time.)

Which is great if you are part of the niche, but may seem bizarre to you if you aren't. What surprises me is that these reviewer's self-perception is so fundamentally deficient that they don't even consider their view being skewed.
    09-27-14 01:46 PM
    What? The public are not stupid? 83% of them are. The general public are so dumb, so so dumb.

if the other platform users are so dumb why are you using their apps?. why don't you use the 3-4 maybe 5 available in blackberry world?
    Last edited by insandouts; 09-27-14 at 02:42 PM.
    09-27-14 02:08 PM
    The Verge and Laptop mag reviews are the only honest reviews I read..if you do not like them because you are a fanboy and you refuse to acknowledge that other phones might be better, it is really your problem. The Passport does some stuff well but fail in other and it is simply not good enough, even Blackberry brass admitted during the presentation that most BB users carry two phones and you should understand why. You do not need two phones if you are using IOS, Android, or WP.
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    09-27-14 02:48 PM
    ... for $50 more you can get an iPhone 6 with 8 GB of storage space...

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    IPhone 6 storage spaces are 16,64&128 GB.
    09-27-14 05:18 PM
    if the other platform users are so dumb why are you using their apps?. why don't you use the 3-4 maybe 5 available in blackberry world?
    To which apps do you refer sir? I occasionally use an android app for short periods if I need to, but I don't understand what you mean by "their apps". I use my own apps. Or do you mean apps that are created by users? I only use apps that are created by developers. BlackBerry world has more than five apps so I don't know what you mean by that remark. I use a passport and there's not a lot of difference beyond cascades and hub integration to distinguish between a native and non native app, for the most part they run pretty slick.

Lastly, I don't recall saying anything about users of other platforms. Perhaps you'd like to quote me to jog my obviously shoddy memory.

I think you've just provided an excellent example of the people referred to in my earlier post. Thanks.

09-27-14 05:34 PM
    The Verge review seemed fair and honest. That not being able to type with one hand properly will be a deciding factor for many people when choosing their next smartphone.
    09-27-14 06:10 PM
    insandouts & red_devil_fan_1999 ;

Sorry but you can't say that the verge is honest and impartial reading this paper.

They have a negative position posted first and then they write an article looking for the worst and maybe to be not so bad, some good words on the phone.

I am sorry but the most of their arguments are false.

You can love or hate the phone, it's your business and everyone has to respect your position. But you do not have the right to say absurdity.

If people want to cary two phone it's everything less that they cannot do things with their pro. It's mostly because they have one fun phone with their personal number and a pro to work. That's all of it. When you carry only a phone it's because you are not a mailing guy you just need to have a phone number.

As a professional communications manager I can discuss every point of the reviews and tell you exactly why they are stupid views at least or mainly barely not honest.

It might be ugly, it might be laggy for this early production but it's not a toy. It's a phone for business.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:08 PM
    "The Verge" and "honest review" should never appear in the same sentence.
    samanth and Yass85 like this.
    09-28-14 10:58 PM
    "The Verge" and "honest review" should never appear in the same sentence.
    Surprisingly BGR - one of the BlackBerry Bashers have had nice articles for the Passport and seem positive on BlackBerry now!
    http://bgr.com/tag/blackberry-passport/

I like the headline of this one: How to dump your iPhone or Android phone for the BlackBerry Passport

Made me smile first thing in the morning

Edit: Also see the war amongst BlackBerry supporters and iP guys in the comments... hilarious !!

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    Last edited by tushargkwd; 09-28-14 at 11:41 PM.
    09-28-14 11:12 PM