I want to be able to do is access my desk PC (files and programs) from my Passport.

In using BB Blend, in the drop down list in the upper right corner is "Work Space click to unlock".
    When you do this, it is password protected. I never set a password for "Work Space"
    Searching the forums, I learned that the Work Space is tied to Blackberry Balance.
    Further searching indicated you needed to set a password using a BES.

However, I'm not or wasnt on a BES.
    Another posting said that there is a cloud based BES that is free thru March.
    So, I set up a BES with myself as the administrator.
    I'm still stumped. I cannot find any way to find my Balance Password.

I'm not even sure what to do with a one person BES?

Guidance is appreciated.
    10-25-14 08:49 PM
    I know there isn't an option in BES Cloud to allow Blend to show your work space. For some reason it wasn't updated for Blend.

Even if you enable balance with a password you still won't be able to access it with Blend if you use BES Cloud.

Just curious why you are trying to access a work space on your phone that doesn't exist.......

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:54 PM
    My assumption, is the 'work place' is access to my home computer.
    With Blend, I cannot access anything on my computer.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:03 PM
    I believe you have to specify in BlackBerry Link under remote file access the folder(s) on your PC you want to allow your phone to access. After you do this you will see it/them in Blend. Make sure you sign into Link and Blend with the same BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:29 PM
    In order to find the shared files on your PC hit the home button in Blend then click on the file manager icon at the bottom. After that click in the picture of the computer monitor on the left of the screen and your shared PC files will be there.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:32 PM
    OK, I clicked file manager, clicked the icon of my home computers. The circle spun (clocking) and when it was done, all I had was a blank screen.

I already had access to files checked in Blackberry link.

So, what is "Work Space" if not my desktop?
    Why does it require a password when I didn't assign one"?
    Now that I have set up a BES for myself, what the heck does it do?
    10-26-14 12:24 PM
    OK, I clicked file manager, clicked the icon of my home computers. The circle spun (clocking) and when it was done, all I had was a blank screen.

I already had access to files checked in Blackberry link.

So, what is "Work Space" if not my desktop?
    Why does it require a password when I didn't assign one"?
    Now that I have set up a BES for myself, what the heck does it do?
    Work space isn't supported with Blend when you use BES 10 Cloud. Work space aka Balance on your phone separates work and personal. Just go to the BlackBerry site and read up on it. I think Blend shows Work Space by default even if you don't have it so just ignore it. In your case(and mine) it's not possible to use it.

It sounds like you may have network issues if you don't see your folders. Try re installing Blend and when the screen pops up about network connections be sure to check the box of the one you are on(home, public or work) . .

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stomps01; 10-26-14 at 04:33 PM.
    10-26-14 03:56 PM
    With BB10 you already can access to the PC to view, copy, paste, delete files...
    I quit home my computer being on and can access it on the air when I have HSPDA/3G or LTE... (like I access to Dropbox with native App, I access to the Harddrive of my PC!)

All you have to do is to pre set it up:

In LINK which folders of the PC can be shared and allow Remote file access WiFi and OTA.

On the phone: Settings, use BlackBerry Link, allow access with mobile Data (or it will be WiFi-Only)...

But you can't run programs from your BlackBerry.

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    10-26-14 04:17 PM