At&t Passport
    Have reset (up/down) for 10 sec.

Issue: press mute button to launch Assistant and ask any question, the blue circle comes up, but voice is not recognized (indicated by lines in the circle) or text above the circle.

IF I tap the circle again, my question is displayed and Assistant provides the answer. This has never been a 2 tap process.

Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 07:34 AM
    Try a battery pull

**EDIT** should say reinstall
    Last edited by RazzBerry; 03-27-15 at 10:44 AM.
    03-27-15 08:04 AM
    There was a reason why I put details to start the post. #SMH

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 08:23 AM
    There was a reason why I put details to start the post. #SMH

Posted via CB10
    Original post states you did a
    Have reset (up/down) for 10 sec.
    That is not a reinstall
    Last edited by RazzBerry; 03-27-15 at 10:44 AM.
    03-27-15 10:33 AM
    Unless I'm missing something, how do you "batter pull" the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 10:40 AM
    Sorry, meant a wipe and reinstall. Damned auto correct!
    03-27-15 10:43 AM
    Unless I'm missing something, how do you "batter pull" the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    You can't. And you should never battery pull any other BB10 device unless the unit is completely shut down first.

I can't replicate your issue. Sorry.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    03-27-15 10:44 AM
    it is slow for me sometimes but does not require an additional press.

I just tried it and i think i see what you are saying. it seems to come up wait until it hears a voice then you can say something after that. Try it again. this time instead of issuing command right away try pressing button, then say BlackBerry Assistant then issue command.

Just realized that Once I press this,
    BBIA says "What would you like to do!" in my BT headset, then activates and recognize voice.

I didn't have to do anything but wait for her to finish asking me.

Didn't have headset on before so I didn't realized what happened or why the delay.
    03-27-15 10:46 AM
    I understand it is slow and I've used it in the past, but it does indicate that it's capturing sound in the circle. I've waited 11 second with no response before having to press again.

Additional observations:

After I press the circle again for the 2nd time, I notice that the voice does not respond with the answer. "What's the weather or what's the time on displays the app, etc., but no audible read out. Voice Response IS On.

I toggled from US to UK and I now it works (no tapping circle twice) but still no voice response.

Blitz reinstall in order??

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 10:59 AM
    I understand it is slow and I've used it in the past, but it does indicate that it's capturing sound in the circle. I've waited 11 second with no response before having to press again.

Additional observations:

After I press the circle again for the 2nd time, I notice that the voice does not respond with the answer. "What's the weather or what's the time on displays the app, etc., but no audible read out. Voice Response IS On.

I toggled from US to UK and I now it works (no tapping circle twice) but still no voice response.

Blitz reinstall in order??

My voice Assistant isn't speaking at all either. It recognizes what I say and will do what I say and even though Voice Response is set to ON, it doesn't speak. I'm using a Passport on 10.3.1.2582

On my Q10 with 10.3.1.2267, it works OK.

Which OS are you on?
    03-27-15 11:06 AM
    Update:

When I switched to UK, Voice Response toggled off. I turned on and it's working now as expected.

I switched back to US and now it when I launch the assistant via mute button or pressing the mic, it immediately responds with "no voice recognized ". I did a reset and it reverts to the double press to get a response.

I will leave at UK instead of reinstall .

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 11:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 11:18 AM
    Lazy. Or is it the other way around lol
    03-27-15 11:24 AM
    Update:

When I switched to UK, Voice Response toggled off. I turned on and it's working now as expected.

I switched back to US and now it when I launch the assistant via mute button or pressing the mic, it immediately responds with "no voice recognized ". I did a reset and it reverts to the double press to get a response.

I tried that but mine still doesn't speak.
    03-27-15 12:18 PM
    I use the Assistant quite a bit while I am driving... Since the 10.3.1 update, she is very unpredictable. I'm not sure what 'improvements' were made or functionality added but I prefer consistency, personally, and it was better before. I can't find a rhyme or reason. Sometimes you get voice responses, sometimes not. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether or not it is connected to a bluetooth device or headset. It just works sometimes and then others doesn't. It has seemed to have gotten stuck a couple of times and just kept listening even after I tried to press the blue circle to stop the voice request. Mostly though, I just don't know if I will get a "What would you like to do?" request or if it will just beep at me. It makes it much more cumbersome to use and needs to be fixed.
    03-27-15 12:46 PM
    What I don't know is if the Assistant is fully baked into the OS or if we are connecting to a server every time and that is where the problem is. Perhaps someone can shed some light on that?
    03-27-15 12:47 PM
    Update:

Posted via CB10
    This actually fixed it for me though she is VERY slow compared to the previous install I had. Mine still work even after switching back to US.
    Thanks for posting

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 09:43 AM
    This actually fixed it for me though she is VERY slow compared to the previous install I had. Mine still work even after switching back to US.
    Thanks for posting

Posted via CB10
    Good luck to you. I've tried this and it doesn't seem to work for me. As I said before, it randomly starts working again but then, just as quickly, stops again. Keep us updated.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-29-15 10:02 AM