Why not just drop the price to 499 and be done with it?
    Read post #99. The price is $699 CAD or $599 USD, if you're in the U.S. The 25% off coupon was a mistake that Digital River will honor, even though they don't have to.
    10-14-14 04:25 PM
    Bla1ze didnt say that the orders were cancelled. He said that DR should have cancelled them if they had been on the ball. So as far as anyone knows the DR orders for the VIP Passports are just pending.
    BlackBerry and Digital River have canceled orders for the VIP Passports? That's rich.

The idea that BlackBerry is literally returning money to customers is hilarious.

The people who found out about the VIP link are probably just us CrackBerry crazies or N4BB nuts--I don't think BlackBerry is doing themselves any favors by rubbing their diehard fans the wrong way.

I didn't order one, because I saw the picture of it and saw that it was still stainless steel, I already have the case, and I don't need a bunch of adapters. But for the what, like, the few hundred BlackBerry fans that got their VIP orders canceled for no reason? That's terrible, and at a time when BlackBerry and Digital River are trying to establish credibility, this definitely doesn't help.
    10-14-14 04:50 PM
    The $100 refund for U.S. buyers would be fair. The 25% off was a mistake on their part and they're willing to honor for those that were able to get it. No one is entitled to the 25% off.

If you had read aziandevil's summary, post #99, you'll see that the VIP link was for *specific* users to be able to buy the Passport even if the standard Passport was listed as sold out. There were no extra accessories, no extra discounts. The only freebie may have been shipping.
    I did read aziandevil's post, thank you. I believe my comment is still relevant, as it has gone unanswered by BlackBerry. I would prefer the 25% discount, who wouldn't? However, I will gladly take the refund of $100 plus tax as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 05:52 PM
    What you are displaying is exactly that pathetic entitlement behavior which is crippling our society.
    Your right... that's why people like me Iive in the Palisades and the BC properties - that way we don't have to deal with people like you being our neighbors.

Crippling society? Please, get off your soapbox moron.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:16 PM
    This thread has REALLY gotten off track with personal attacks and insults. Sad to see really.

ANYWAY, getting back on topic, I'm happy to hear that they seem to be taking things somewhat seriously and that it has the attention of someone actually accountable for shopblackberry.com. I, for one, will be cancelling my Rogers upgrade since the different with my lucky coupon catch is only around $200 now. Would much rather be untied, unless of course Rogers magically gets it in stock much sooner than the shopBB.com

Keeping the faith and anxiously awaiting my shipment.
    crishelling likes this.
    10-14-14 06:23 PM
    I did read aziandevil's post, thank you. I believe my comment is still relevant, as it has gone unanswered by BlackBerry. I would prefer the 25% discount, who wouldn't? However, I will gladly take the refund of $100 plus tax as well.
    I was traveling when the coupon was discovered. For 25% off, I would get the Passport as an impulse buy.
    10-14-14 06:25 PM
    Whoops forgot to add my sarcastic smiley in that post.
    10-14-14 09:08 PM
    Marie from shop BB reached out to me due to my posts on official BlackBerry forums. VIP packages are being fulfilled by BlackBerry themselves. This is where the apparent disconnect came from. Hang in there you are not forgotten!

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM and CrackberryQ like this.
    10-14-14 10:33 PM
    So can we stab this beast and put it out of its misery now?

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    Last edited by DocDRM; 10-14-14 at 10:57 PM.
    10-14-14 10:35 PM
    [QUOTE=aziandevil;10970916]Just to be clear... that wasn't a response from Blackberry's customer service or public relations dept. It was a summary of correspondence I had with the Director of eCommerce for BlackBerry. I believe that ShopBlackBerry is her direct responsibility.

Among my friends and associates who are BlackBerry owners... a majority of them only come to Crackberry to pick up accessories and will read an article here and there. I'd estimate that only 10% of us actually read the "Crackberry forums". I'm probably the only one that actually posts to these forums. So my point being... if BlackBerry sent out a public apology regarding the "VIP-leak" and "coupon-gate" episode, it would probably generate more negative press and attention than doing good for its image.

Again this is just my opinion... but neither the "VIP-leak" nor "coupon-gate" has tarnished the image of BlackBerry for me. Yes, this was frustrating and communication should have been better between BB => DR=> "Crackberry"... but the company as a whole is rebuilding itself. This is a "growing pain" and I'm sure there'll be more as there is clearly demand for their products a

We alllll still love BlackBerry !

I've been hit, yet I will buy the next BlackBerry and the one after that etc...

But I've heard sooo many complaints about their estore on these forums, and frankly it's my first time buying straight from BlackBerry, I usually buy em straight of the shelf.

I hope BlackBerry tightens the screws on this outlet!!! That's all.

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    10-14-14 10:51 PM
    In summary:

I happened across the coupon thread on Oct 3rd;
    Went to ShopBB and made the purchase;
    Didn't frantically try to cancel and re-order the magical "VIP" device when that link came up;
    Got a order confirmation and backorder email;
    Remained patient and never tried to contact BB or DR for status updates;
    Got the email stating backorders would ship by Oct 29;
    Received shipping confirmation and tracking # yesterday and my $484 (incl tax) Passport is on schedule to arrive on Monday.

Slow and steady wins the race.
    10-17-14 12:46 PM
    In summary:

Didn't frantically try to cancel and re-order the magical "VIP" device when that link came up;
    Received shipping confirmation and tracking # yesterday and my $484 (incl tax) Passport is on schedule to arrive on Monday.

Agree, more important has a better time while waiting to see if this little trick worked. Also, if you love BlackBerry and own shares the shortage is good news, even if the discount may shave a little of the top line.

Shipping these orders and also taking new orders excellent news

Oh yah, YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Posted with my flash Passport
    10-17-14 12:57 PM
    In summary:

Logged in

Regular sold out

Tried VIP went through

Hoping for the best

And NO GUTS NO GLORY!

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    10-17-14 01:07 PM
    Everyone !

Thank you so much for putting up with all the confusion around the VIP orders.
    I want to assure you that we are sending your orders. All people in the US should be getting their products shipped at the latest today. For Canadian offers, we will be getting them out Monday , Tuesday. They have to go through customs.

With the shipments, you want to get official shipment confirmation email with the tracking information - but we can't t do that quite yet.

Some of you might know that the VIP products were associated with a promotion and that they were set up for immediate charge. Well, with immediate charge comes no automated shipping tracking information.

We have started working to get the information. Then we will send each one of you your tracking link. It may take a couple of days to get the information for each of your orders, but we will send confirmation emails at the end of each day until everyone gets one.

I know this is one more round of frustration - and I hope you have one last bit of patience for us.

Of course, if you don't my email and contact information are below.

Please let me know if someone you know should get this email. I will resend it to them personally.

And while this email doesn't t look like an official BlackBerry email, it is an official BlackBerry email.

You've been the best fans ever.

Marie

Marie Sheel
    Director, Ecommerce, Shopblackberry.com
    BlackBerry
    3460 161st St SE
    Bellevue, WA 98108
    206-384-0128
    email: [email protected]
    PIN: 2B4D1739

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mf1982; 10-17-14 at 11:19 PM.
    solitude1984 and kevets like this.
    10-17-14 06:12 PM
    Cool, so we getting our items!

Just got the mail and that's great.

Also BlackBerry honoured the discount, that's great too.

Now their still remains the issue of the refund. Any of you bought the VIP full price, and got the refund? (USA only)?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:08 AM
    Everyone !

Thank you so much for putting up with all the confusion around the VIP orders.
    I want to assure you that we are sending your orders. All people in the US should be getting their products shipped at the latest today. For Canadian offers, we will be getting them out Monday , Tuesday. They have to go through customs.

With the shipments, you want to get official shipment confirmation email with the tracking information - but we can't t do that quite yet.

Some of you might know that the VIP products were associated with a promotion and that they were set up for immediate charge. Well, with immediate charge comes no automated shipping tracking information.

We have started working to get the information. Then we will send each one of you your tracking link. It may take a couple of days to get the information for each of your orders, but we will send confirmation emails at the end of each day until everyone gets one.

I know this is one more round of frustration - and I hope you have one last bit of patience for us.

Of course, if you don't my email and contact information are below.

Please let me know if someone you know should get this email. I will resend it to them personally.

And while this email doesn't t look like an official BlackBerry email, it is an official BlackBerry email.

You've been the best fans ever.

Marie

Marie Sheel
    Director, Ecommerce, Shopblackberry.com
    BlackBerry
    3460 161st St SE
    Bellevue, WA 98108
    206-xxx-xxxx
    email: [email protected]
    PIN: xxxxxxxx

Posted via CB10
    You should remove her information, just my 2 cents.
    10-18-14 01:20 AM
    Cool, so we getting our items!

Just got the mail and that's great.

Also BlackBerry honoured the discount, that's great too.

Now their still remains the issue of the refund. Any of you bought the VIP full price, and got the refund? (USA only)?
    Even if you didn't get the $100 refund, it's still $524.25 instead of $599...
    10-18-14 12:29 PM
    Exactly. That what my price is with free shipping fee. So it's close to the full coupon. No worries here. But. No email with shipping info.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on STA 100-3 10.3.1.632
    10-18-14 01:36 PM
    People who paid 699 sans coupon!!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 02:11 PM
    Ah, fair enough...
    10-18-14 02:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    So you paid full price MSRP, what's the issue? Please don't tell me you feel entitled to a partial refund because you made the mistake of ordering something that wasn't meant for you in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 02:54 PM
    Its not his fault it was up when it wasnt supposed to? Then explain why some people called DR and got the 175 dollar difference from the coupon immediately refunded for their already purchased passports? They should refund the 100. Talk to Marie! Maybe she could help.
    10-18-14 03:01 PM
    So you paid full price MSRP, what's the issue? Please don't tell me you feel entitled to a partial refund because you made the mistake of ordering something that wasn't meant for you in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    I paid with coupon! I got my discount! Am soooo of happy!

Now

Am asking about people who paid Vip full price unknowing it's same as regular, will they get a 100 usd refund!

Chillll people!

Before many of you were born these forums acted as help and support for its readers, technical and other, do its not allll about me!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:20 AM
148 ... 456