I use my hands a lot at work and it gets dirty very often. I touch varnishes, compounds, and a lot of residue from some solder Flux etc. I try to wash my hands before reaching for my phone but it would be absurd to wash it every single time I get a text or need to look something up.

What is the best way to safely clean they keyboard without ruining the electrical stuff and rubbing off the keys etc.? I already have that problem where it freaks out in the cold so I'm quite wary to even use alcohol without someone confirming it won't affect the capacitive keyboard. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 04:34 AM
    I clean my keyboard with hot water on a micro fiber cloth. Have done that with all my phones with no problems at all. Just don't use too much water, just lightly damp with no excess water on the cloth.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 05:43 AM
    Hot water on micro fiber works for me as well. Just don't soak the cloth.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 06:11 AM
    Most of the time I'm using a dry microfiber cloth, sometimes I spray some special purpose screen cleanser on the cloth to not only clean the screen, but keyboard too.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 08:17 AM
    Wow... that's ballsy to use water. I'm too chicken, I'm afraid.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 09:40 AM
    I dampen a kleenex with eye glass cleaner it works very well

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 09:46 AM
    I use my hands a lot at work and it gets dirty very often. I touch varnishes, compounds, and a lot of residue from some solder Flux etc. I try to wash my hands before reaching for my phone but it would be absurd to wash it every single time I get a text or need to look something up.

What is the best way to safely clean they keyboard without ruining the electrical stuff and rubbing off the keys etc.? I already have that problem where it freaks out in the cold so I'm quite wary to even use alcohol without someone confirming it won't affect the capacitive keyboard. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Eye glass cleaner is really the best because it's mild and designed for super expensive anionic coatings on eye glass lenses. Combined with a microfibre cleaning cloth and a few key tips is all you will need. Never use windex as the ammonia will damage the finish!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 09:57 AM
    Baby tissue?
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-16-15 10:21 AM