There's an 11 page thread about the crappy camera on the Passport. I've been using phone cameras since Windows Mobile. I know the right camera and image processing apps make a HUGE difference.. I did OK finding good software on WM, BBOS 6 & 7, Android 3.0 through 5.0. But I'm less than 2 months into using my Passport and BB10. So, what are your favorite camera and photo processing apps? And, maybe more important, why are they your favorite?
    02-21-15 11:27 AM
    I used Camera++ before the upgrade to 10.3.1 but want to try the built-in software now again.

However, Camera++ is really good and served me well so far.

HTH

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:29 AM
    Camera++ for sure
    02-21-15 11:35 AM
    I use camera++ as well and it's good. However, I just upgraded to 10.3.1 and the native camera app is much better

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:35 AM
    OK. All three say Camera ++, but there are two apps named that. One by I&N Mobisoft and one by Katyayini Infotech Private Limited. Which are each of you using?
    02-21-15 12:19 PM
    Mobisoft and it works great!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:39 PM
    Mobisoft and it works great!

Posted via CB10
    Just bought it. Thanks, all.
    02-21-15 03:23 PM
    OK. All three say Camera ++, but there are two apps named that. One by I&N Mobisoft and one by Katyayini Infotech Private Limited. Which are each of you using?
    that's the one from I&N mobisoft.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    02-21-15 09:40 PM
    Just bought it. Thanks, all.
    Can you posts your thoughts on this app when you have tried it out? You seem to be a camera techie who knows his stuff?

I have a passport on the way and I'm curious to see what you and others think.... As I will be taking lots of pics.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-21-15 09:47 PM
    Check out landmark! Have cool features

CB10 - Q10
    02-21-15 09:57 PM
    Can you posts your thoughts on this app when you have tried it out? You seem to be a camera techie who knows his stuff?

I have a passport on the way and I'm curious to see what you and others think.... As I will be taking lots of pics.

There's your first mistake. Thinking I'm a camera techie. LOL

Seriously, I bought it right after my 10.3.1 update, which improved the camera. So, I'm not sure which is actually giving me better pics. That's without changing any settings. On my Android devices, I've used A Better Camera with similar image improvement.

My one complaint is that it uses a series of icons and labels I don't recognize. So, I'm going to have to find a user guide to fully take advantage of all the settings.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 01:43 AM
    I use camera++ as well and it's good. However, I just upgraded to 10.3.1 and the native camera app is much better

Posted via CB10
    Then C++ isn't THAT good, right?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:56 AM
    Then C++ isn't THAT good, right?

Posted via CB10
    Camera++ let you mess with more options when you take photos. For the advanced users, it's definitely better. For the normal users, who just shoot out of the box, they are pretty much the same.

jackwins likes this.
    02-22-15 07:21 AM
    Camera++ let you mess with more options when you take photos. For the advanced users, it's definitely better. For the normal users, who just shoot out of the box, they are pretty much the same.

Agreed!
    02-22-15 08:42 AM
    There's your first mistake. Thinking I'm a camera techie. LOL

Seriously, I bought it right after my 10.3.1 update, which improved the camera. So, I'm not sure which is actually giving me better pics. That's without changing any settings. On my Android devices, I've used A Better Camera with similar image improvement.

My one complaint is that it uses a series of icons and labels I don't recognize. So, I'm going to have to find a user guide to fully take advantage of all the settings.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.

02-22-15 09:37 AM
    Sure Camera ++ is the alternate for native app.
    The horizontal control bar is nice to use than the native app.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:24 AM

Well is it capable of manipulating shutter and AF speed? Cause that's literally the only significant and deciding gripe with the Passport camera. It's much too slow.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 03:56 AM