Hey guys!

As a future Passport user (coming over from iPhone 6) i am just curious about some points:

If i download an app, lets say ebay or fotmob soccer scores (with push notifications on selected games if a goal is scored) via snap or the amazon app store, how do notifications work? Do they work at all? Does the app have to stay open in an active frame? This would be bad...

Thank you for your replies!

Regards
    10-22-14 12:56 AM
    Good question. I'll be following the responses.
    10-22-14 01:01 AM
    No one?
    10-22-14 10:31 AM
    Not currently, however there is a new option in the latest leaked os to turn hub notifications on for android apps, no one in the thread has said if it works or not. At least it seems to be in the works.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:34 AM
    Ok that is bad.
    Really a point that could make me send back my Passport which is arriving tomorrow...
    10-22-14 11:53 AM
    Not so unpatient. As far as I know android notifications are coming in 10.3.1.

Cannot choose between glas or plastic keyboard
    10-22-14 12:16 PM
    Dont get me wrong. I dont Need the notification in the hub. I just Need a notification at all for example when an auction on eBay is about to end. Would be ok if it is just on Lockscreen.

But i dont know if this is possible at the moment with the stock firmware and android Apps ??
    10-22-14 12:39 PM
    From what I have been seeing, correct me if i'm wrong, but notifications are either from the app or google play services. I usually try to download from the amazon appstore because chances are that those from snap require google play services for notifications. This could be the reason why the apps in snap usually have higher version numbers than those in amazon appstore. I hope this helps.
    10-22-14 12:49 PM
    Dont get me wrong. I dont Need the notification in the hub. I just Need a notification at all for example when an auction on eBay is about to end. Would be ok if it is just on Lockscreen.

But i dont know if this is possible at the moment with the stock firmware and android Apps ??
    I'm fairly certain that the BB E-bay app has notifications, why not give it a try. I know that within the settings there is a notification settings tab. I have the BBW ebay app and it works well for me, but I have not used the notification.
    10-22-14 02:59 PM
    for me everything works fine
    10-22-14 08:08 PM