Thanks [Ron In Motion;11782906]!,

finally got my PP SE ....& as expected loving it ... switched from android to bb ... for good!

recently noticed device heats up around top right corner ... noticed this while surfing this forum!!! ... ZERO android apps installed and no background apps running as well....i.e. is this a faulty unit that needs to be returned for a new device ... just want to be able to return before warranty expires...any inputs will be appreciated...thanks.
    08-17-15 11:15 PM
    Thanks [Ron In Motion;11782906]!,

finally got my PP SE ....& as expected loving it ... switched from android to bb ... for good!

recently noticed device heats up around top right corner ... noticed this while surfing this forum!!! ... ZERO android apps installed and no background apps running as well....i.e. is this a faulty unit that needs to be returned for a new device ... just want to be able to return before warranty expires...any inputs will be appreciated...thanks.
    How long since you got it? The top right corner tends to heat up while the device is indexing everything in the background. Give it a week after setup and It will only happen occasionally when you go berserk with multitasking.

Posted via CB10
    bbcbuser likes this.
    08-17-15 11:23 PM
    its been just a week ... not multitasking....just browsing cb pp forums literally....not sure if the ads kinda add up to heat or sth.... hmm not sure that there is anything to index either as I haven't transferred any of my stuff... ya I too am monitoring for a week & update...thanks!
    08-17-15 11:27 PM
    That's exactly where the CPU and GPU are located. And also the antenna module. It heats up every time you have frequent Web browsing since it causes the most radio usage.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 11:58 PM
    I think that's pretty normal as mine does that as well occasionally

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    08-18-15 12:07 AM
    and maybe that is why the screen might lift up from that corner.....
    08-18-15 01:08 AM
    If it keep doing it and drain your battery it's better to reload your os. Corrupt backup while restoring it could be the culprit. This could happen to fresh out of the box passport as well, but os reload should solve the heat up problem. Sound silly but true.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 02:27 AM
    Anytime there are intensive operations going on, that corner will heat up. The processors are there and the cards are also there.

I replaced my 32GB card with a 128GB card a couple of nights ago and during formatting, that corner warmed up significantly. After the format was done, the temperature reduced and the unit is fine. If you are in a WiFi area and you have the Software Updates download automatically, if the download is sizable...you will feel that corner heat up as the download comes.

Keep watching it. Otherwise, it's a normal function of the unit. Nothing to be concerned about.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    08-18-15 03:30 AM
    My observations have been that its a radio software issue. Its not a big issue that you need to return the product. Some radio builds have been really bad, causing this overheating issue. Late Nov Dec last year were the worst. It happens to me mostly when i have cell data and wifi on at the same time. If I turn cell data off with wifi on it seems to run cold. Sometimes even a restart seems to sort it out. My two cents.
    08-18-15 03:32 AM
    From my experience, the sudden heating up of the top-right PP-corner is - same as the occasional double-typing issue (see the relevant threads) - has emerged a couple of OS-updates ago. When I initially received my PP I had none of these issues at all, but come 10.3.2.xxx I have been occasionally experiencing them.

Restarting the device does away with the overheating (and battery-drain) issue- for a while -, but not with the double-typing issue.

I cannot say just which app specifically sends the PP into the overheating spin, but it does recur.
    Given all this, I�m convinced it�s a SW issue, not a HW issue that could be overcome by replacing devices...
    08-18-15 04:27 AM
    How long since you got it? The top right corner tends to heat up while the device is indexing everything in the background. Give it a week after setup and It will only happen occasionally when you go berserk with multitasking.

Posted via CB10
    Haw long long will this indexing myth be perpetuated? The initial indexing lasts maybe an hour or two. Maybe at most a few hours. This "battery needs a few days to settle in" myth is complete BS.

I've had two Passports. They both heat up in the top right corner when you do anything mildly intense. Lots of phones heat up. It's no big deal.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:25 AM
    Haw long long will this indexing myth be perpetuated? The initial indexing lasts maybe an hour or two. Maybe at most a few hours. This "battery needs a few days to settle in" myth is complete BS.

I've had two Passports. They both heat up in the top right corner when you do anything mildly intense. Lots of phones heat up. It's no big deal.

Posted via CB10
    If it doesn't happen with your phone that's ok, but I'm sharing my own experiences and don't speak for others. I've had 3 different Passports and they all heated up during whatever during the first few days and after that only during intense use as I described in my previous post.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:32 AM
    thank you all i'm monitoring & will post updates shortly ....
    08-20-15 12:48 AM
    No problems on my SE so far. Have 14 apps from play store too.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:23 PM
    I have just been surfing the Web and the keyboard swipes have stooped. Restart helps then top right corner heats up, wtf?

BlackBerry Passport SE on OS 10.3.2.2226 Wind Mobile after 7 yrs with Rogers
    08-20-15 10:54 PM
    and maybe that is why the screen might lift up from that corner.....
    Well, there you go. Should have used screws.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 11:20 PM
    ^^^^ yep
    08-20-15 11:25 PM
    And yes it become quite warm at the top right corner. I'm afraid that might damage the Sim or SD card
    08-20-15 11:27 PM
    Recently got my PP silver and by gawd does that top right corner heat up. With first hours use my pp rebooted it's self whilst I was naming a home screen folder wtf! With the heating and un known reboot and bad battery life I security wiped my device last night. I can't believe how hot it got whilst restoring itself. It took ages to cool down. Think I might have to return this silver and stick to the z30. I will also keep an eye on my device for a week or two before I decide.

On a side note any other PP silver owners amazed at how heavy this thing is?

Posted via CB10 on my aging Z30
    08-21-15 02:59 AM
    Recently got my PP silver and by gawd does that top right corner heat up. With first hours use my pp rebooted it's self whilst I was naming a home screen folder wtf! With the heating and un known reboot and bad battery life I security wiped my device last night. I can't believe how hot it got whilst restoring itself. It took ages to cool down. Think I might have to return this silver and stick to the z30. I will also keep an eye on my device for a week or two before I decide.

On a side note any other PP silver owners amazed at how heavy this thing is?

Posted via CB10 on my aging Z30
    Security wipe will not do any good imho. You should do an OS reload using BlackBerry link. The os reload should solve your issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 04:16 AM
    Security wipe will not do any good imho. You should do an OS reload using BlackBerry link. The os reload should solve your issue.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't help.
    The Cpu is just not really optimized for the os.
    I have been on every leaked 10.3.2 os with every radio available.
    All are heating up pretty bad except for one.
    Os 876 with 859 radio heats up less.

Yeah it isn't fun to have a device which heats up that much, maybe next 10.3.2 os will fix that. Althought 2339 is a high build and heats a LOT.

Oh btw for those who say it doesn't, try with 10min of browsing with the CB open and switch between them often...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 06:13 AM
    My standard Passport heats up in this corner only when charging with my PlayBook charger. Other than that its fine, even when severely multitasking

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    08-21-15 07:08 AM
    Yer my SE came with PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339 loaded. It does seem to be browsing and cb together cause a lot of heat but not restricted to that. As I say I couldn't believe how hot it was when I did the security wipe. I wish I had a infra red temp sensor so I could tell exactly what it was.
    So is this radio specific? I have noticed this is so much better than my z10 and z30 on house wifi.
    It is alarming the temp tho. I got such a fright the first time it happened as I just picked it up after leaving it for 20 mins and put it to my ear (as my colleague was taking the **** about the size and holding it to your face like a shoe box) and I jumped at the heat on my ear. Is the normal passport metal in the same places as the SE?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 08:39 AM
    Yer my SE came with PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339 loaded. It does seem to be browsing and cb together cause a lot of heat but not restricted to that. As I say I couldn't believe how hot it was when I did the security wipe. I wish I had a infra red temp sensor so I could tell exactly what it was.
    So is this radio specific? I have noticed this is so much better than my z10 and z30 on house wifi.
    It is alarming the temp tho. I got such a fright the first time it happened as I just picked it up after leaving it for 20 mins and put it to my ear (as my colleague was taking the **** about the size and holding it to your face like a shoe box) and I jumped at the heat on my ear. Is the normal passport metal in the same places as the SE?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah remember on CB it's no longer possible to have a issue or you are a troll so watch out!
    Exact same problem for me. It is not normal and it is in the same place.
    I already thought about an exchange but that would take 4-8 weeks and i think it is for every passport so exchange won't help.
    On 2g it's fine though...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 09:12 AM
    The only time my phone heated up severely was a few days after the latest update on ATT. I was traveling at the time from a rural area to a big city and LTE. I was listening to music and doing something else I cant remember. The area with high activity was the " system ". I was about to lose the battery so I rebooted and put and end to what it was doing. No problems since then and its been weeks since att rolled out that update.
    08-21-15 09:14 AM
28 12