I feel as if JC is relaunching bb10 all over again! I also feel that he's doing a great job! #speechless!! What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 09:17 PM
    Ummmm.....no.
    why on earth do you say that?
    04-18-15 09:25 PM
    Some will disagree with me, but all JC has done is stop the bleeding by using common sense. I.E., don't over manufacture devices anticipating big sales, know where you can still be competitive (software solutions), and don't dismiss applications in a mobile environment as they did in the past.

But hey, compared to Heinz he looks like Einstein.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 09:33 PM
    Because he's taking the proper steps in introducing bb10

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 10:48 PM
    Because he's taking the proper steps in introducing bb10

Posted via CB10
    I'd argue they are on the verge of bankruptcy, and have lost and given up major traction. They shut down many development venues and have moved to an Android hybrid model with an intent to be able to go Android only.

Over the last 6 months:
    - Moving all core apps to Android (hub, bbm)
    - Pushing all casual developers to Amazon (Android) development
    - Shut down bbry developer rewards, no replacement in place
    - Shutdown Scoreloop (for sharing game scores), no replacement in place
    - Shutdown bbry ad services, no replacement in place (just loose suggestions without developer samples that actually compile).
    - Claiming enterprise focus, yet all bbm development changes are to introduce stickers and consumer focus apps. As well as focusing on pushing their apps off bbry as much as possible.
    - shutting down development venues (air + app gen already)

These are the changes made under his watch. Our days, with bb10, are numbered under him if you ask me. This may not be the hero people were asking for. Clearly over the next 6 months, if that continues, the ecosystem will be gone - very little is left already imo.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    04-19-15 02:14 AM
    I second the above poster, at the moment it seems like BB10 lost a lot of development traction and I fear BlackBerry is not really interested in their OS anymore, at least not as much as they were a year ago.

All financial changes aside, I can't really say anything about BB10 directly which improved due to Chen.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    04-19-15 03:51 AM
    I guess, JC has also a habit of using old stock materials / parts rather than disposing them and use latest parts instead. Don't get me wrong, 'recycling' and/or utilisation of old inventory stocks is actually quite good cost reduction program approach. Only, it is not business wise decision if you are trying to compete with other mobile manufacturers and you are the 'underdog'. And to price them intelligently is another blow.

As I mentioned before, if BlackBerry didn't release the Passport, we are probably still convince that high-end specs are just redundant with BB10 OS (not to mention the high-end spec requirements of some Android apps / games to run smoothly and properly).

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    04-19-15 03:51 AM