Hey!
    Is there somewhere a step by step instruction how to set up the Passport as a tehtered modem for Mac?

Thanks
    10-11-14 07:10 AM
    Swipe down from the top bezel to open Quick Settings.

Touch Settings

Touch Network and Connections

Touch Internet Tethering

Follow Steps provided. You could also choose Mobile Hotspot if you want to connect more than one device,
    10-11-14 12:46 PM
    Just for the love of what ever God you pray to make sure you have Tethering included in your mobile plan.

Rates can be in the order of $6 a mb!

...now ask me how I know that
    annon91221 likes this.
    10-11-14 01:39 PM
    Just for the love of what ever God you pray to make sure you have Tethering included in your mobile plan.

Rates can be in the order of $6 a mb!

...now ask me how I know that
    This day and age, I just can't believe that carriers can get away with this kind of robbery.
    Some carriers have very reasonable data fee caps. You should boycott these crooked carriers.
    10-11-14 01:52 PM
    How are carriers aware that you're tethering?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would assume they can see the second IP or MAC address on the network.
    10-11-14 03:40 PM
    Has anyone had issues with the posted instructions? I had to get a third party app to unlock tethering on my S4, with Rogers. Looking into a Passport but I need to make sure tethering will work.
    11-04-14 06:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would assume they can see the second IP or MAC address on the network.
    No idea how they know. As stated most likely they are always monitoring your network connection so they can charge you for data when needed. So when they see another MAC address taking data on their network they throw up the flags. I tethered on my Note 3 for a few months before I got the email from them. Basically they said stop tethering or pay for it. I have no idea why having another device connect to the internet through my device is any different than having my registered device suck down the same amount of data if not more. I have no idea how the FCC allows them to say how I can use the unlimited (up to 5gb unthrottled) data I pay for. I am using data on their network. Why do they care how you consume the data? I know why they do it to grandfathered plans. They just want us off those plans so they can charge us ridiculously more money for using the same data. I will be switching to T mobile as soon as they get coverage in my vacation area in the mountains of Colorado though.
    11-04-14 06:36 PM