While there certainly are a few interesting and collectible phones out there already, I can't help but feel that the Passport might be one of those future classics. It's likely the last and certainly the best BB10 phone. Plus it has a certain timeless quality about it, not unlike some of the older BB's such as the Curve for example. But unlike the Curve, the Passport is probably much rarer.

In a world full of disposable phones, it's kinda cool to have a potentially sought-after future classic.

Thoughts?
    02-12-16 02:54 PM
    Yes, I like thinking of mine as a unique model. The red Passport was marketed as a limited edition.
    02-12-16 03:09 PM
    Yes, I like thinking of mine as a unique model. The red Passport was marketed as a limited edition.
    Haha love my red also. It's my daily driver but I like to keep it spotless in case it is worth something some day!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    02-12-16 03:11 PM
    Totally agree, this model looks so cool, no such design in the market.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Classic
    02-12-16 06:33 PM
    People at work grab my SE Passport out of my hands and want to use it immediately. It is an impressive device and has a place in the 21st century.
    Let's get BB to communicate that they sell the best communication devices on the market! And it ain't the Priv.
    02-12-16 09:20 PM
    I think about all my Berry's over time and think they're all Classics and worth saving for posterity. Someday, our grand kids will wonder how we carried such large devices...
    02-13-16 02:09 AM
    yes I think the passport will become a collectors phone because of it's unique design and running BB10 one of the best operating systems though not appreciated, I collect certain Blackberry phones and have a Black Passport and just received a new Red version looking for a white one and maybe a silver SE version, finding genuine new 9900's is difficult but I have Black and white one's in my collection, yes it's an addiction and I am beyond help and will only use a Blackberry phone nothing else will do.
    anon(5248846) and m3ach like this.
    02-13-16 04:54 AM
    yes I think the passport will become a collectors phone because of it's unique design and running BB10 one of the best operating systems though not appreciated, I collect certain Blackberry phones and have a Black Passport and just received a new Red version looking for a white one and maybe a silver SE version, finding genuine new 9900's is difficult but I have Black and white one's in my collection, yes it's an addiction and I am beyond help and will only use a Blackberry phone nothing else will do.
    Oh dear, you've got it bad! Lol

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    02-13-16 08:47 AM
    I am still looking for a 9900 in very good condition. Then my collection is complete for now:

- Blackberry Passport (BBOS10)
    - Blackberry 9900 (BBOS7)
    - HP Pre3 (webOS)
    - palm Centro (palmOS)
    - Nokia E7 (Symbian)
    - SonyEricsson Xperia X2 (Windows Mobile)
    - Siemens SK65 (SiemensOS)

AllanQuatermain likes this.
    02-13-16 02:00 PM
    Agree. I had the PP and now I have the PP SE. This is not only the best BlackBerry so far, but it is much better device than any other phone that I have used. I guess that PP will be a hit on a company with good marketing team, like apple.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 02:44 PM
    Post some pictures, please...
    02-14-16 12:01 AM
    I'm beyond help and I don't plan on seeking treatment haha. If I had the funds I'd add red Q5, a blue Classic and a black 9900 to the collection.

BB PP a future classic-20160213_181214.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 12:13 AM
    Apart from the fanboy speak. In future, Passport is going to be quoted as something of an enigma and will always be looked at with awe. The robust industrial design and how well all elements came together including how 'W.I.D.E' the screen was for its time, will not be lost on anyone who comes to hold this device 20 years from now. It might as well even sooner become an epitome for everything Blackberry stood for.
    02-14-16 12:23 AM
    I buy and sell devices so often. I never keep a previously used device.

Although I'm not currently using my Passport (I do miss a lot about it and think about switching back daily), it is the only device I'm actually keeping around for good.
    02-14-16 01:11 AM
    While there certainly are a few interesting and collectible phones out there already, I can't help but feel that the Passport might be one of those future classics. It's likely the last and certainly the best BB10 phone. Plus it has a certain timeless quality about it, not unlike some of the older BB's such as the Curve for example. But unlike the Curve, the Passport is probably much rarer.

In a world full of disposable phones, it's kinda cool to have a potentially sought-after future classic.

Thoughts?
    Yes Passport after a decade will become a vintage phone. Rightly said this device has certain unique qualities like slow ageing process , strong and robust body , square screen which makes the device stand out from the crowd.
    02-14-16 09:37 AM
    Apart from the fanboy speak. In future, Passport is going to be quoted as something of an enigma and will always be looked at with awe. The robust industrial design and how well all elements came together including how 'W.I.D.E' the screen was for its time, will not be lost on anyone who comes to hold this device 20 years from now. It might as well even sooner become an epitome for everything Blackberry stood for.
    Superb comments my friend.
    02-14-16 09:41 AM
    I'm beyond help and I don't plan on seeking treatment haha. If I had the funds I'd add red Q5, a blue Classic and a black 9900 to the collection.

Where's the Playbook? Then you can finish your collection!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160213_181214.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	391263

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 11:42 AM
    I just got an S6 but thinking of picking up a PassPort in a few months to play around with and maybe use as an email device. Just set up a Classic for my mom and it felt great in my hand..
    02-14-16 01:07 PM
    Superb comments my friend.
    I try not to get swayed but honestly the last time I felt as strongly about a mobile phone was when I saw an Ericsson R380 PDA back in 2000. It had everything going that device which was ground breaking. Nokia communicators were anything but R380 even after couple of years.
    When I look at original Passport I feel as kicked about it as I did when I handled an R380 which it was beyond my budget that time.
    02-14-16 02:15 PM
    I have dropped my OG PP so many times on hard surfaces that I expect other phones to last when dropped.

I eventually got hairline fractures on two corners on PP that you can't see. The I-frame is a thing of engineering beauty!

I dropped a small tablet two days ago. I broke the fall with my shoe. It shattered! $250 to replace!

The PP will go down as the ultimate device by Research in Motion. It's like their doomsday device that came out too late to change the war... like Hitler's jet fighters.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 03:43 PM
    The PP will go down as the ultimate device by Research in Motion. It's like their doomsday device that came out too late to change the war... like Hitler's jet fighters.

Posted via CB10
    Lol! Hilarious visualization, bro. Cheers!
    02-14-16 05:44 PM