is the blackberry passport worth getting? I wanted to get it when it came out but being a Verizon customer it wasn't an option. I switched to att saturday. the store didn't have it and couldn't order it without me paying a huge amount out of pocket up front to order. doesn't make sense but it is what it is. so I went with the note 5. I have had the note phones since they came out and I'm over them. I've had this phone under a week and it's crashing, not loading etc. Doing small tasks such as using fb or trying to access the internet. the store pretty much said after the note 5 purchase that bb is going bankrupt and it wouldn't have been worth getting. they also kept asking me why I wanted the phone. hello, reliability! I'm tired of one size fits all updates that ruin phones etc. so before I call att snapping about another junk android, could someone please give me pros and cons. thank you!
    Me2 likes this.
    09-02-15 10:41 PM
    Many users really appear to like the Passport. But others find it too large (main complaint, I think). I'm surprised that you have to prepay to get AT&T to order or stock the phone.

Maybe find another store that actually stocks it. How close to the Canadian border are you? Crazy question but there maybe stock up there!

In the end it would be a very personal question of how it satisfies your needs. What phone did you have before? I use and really like the Z30 (with Verizon).
    kbrant64 likes this.
    09-03-15 09:01 AM
    Go to a company AT&T store. They should have them in Stock. I am not a fan of the AT&T version of the Passport, but the device is a productivity beast. I have the original and came from the all touch Z10. I love this device. It is one you should check out in person. In my opinion it is worth getting.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    09-03-15 10:19 AM
    I'm the og poster. Not sure if it went through when I submitted it or not. I have had the Samsung Galaxy Note phones. I really can't stand smaller devices and really liked the look of the passport. I think it may take getting some used to with the square design but I have to do everything with two hands with these devices anyway. I really miss a physical keyboard. I'm not close to Canada at all lol. As for the att stores they have checked all local stores and nobody has them in. I guess they never carried them. Idk why being it's an att exclusive phone.
    09-03-15 03:01 PM
    They wanted a deposit for the next program. I traded my note 4 edge in for a 200.00 instant credit. Which they said they can't use when ordering a phone that I would have to pay like 300.00 to order it. The kicker to it all is that the note 5 is more expensive and the 200 credit worked without owing anything more on the note 5.
    09-03-15 03:04 PM
    Well I called another att store. They are having a store about an hr away ship one to them so I don't go without a phone. So as of next week I'll be a first bb customer. I can't wait to get it.
    09-03-15 03:13 PM
    I like the hardware i.e the design of the phone including the size and of course the keyboard.

The software is disappointing though. It's very buggy with issues such as double typing and crucial features for me such as phone blocking missing. The only good thing of the software is the hub, luckily you can get the android apps as BB10 has virtually no apps and I only use 3-4 apps in normal circumstances.

Personally I am thinking of moving to iOS or android or maybe windows. I had a windows phone and I liked the OS, maybe it worths waiting to see devices with windows 10 before deciding. Having said that though if you are only looking to email and text then the phone is perfect. If I didn't have double typing I wouldn't consider changing for at least another year.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 03:17 PM
    I like the hardware i.e the design of the phone including the size and of course the keyboard.

The software is disappointing though. It's very buggy with issues such as double typing and crucial features for me such as phone blocking missing. The only good thing of the software is the hub, luckily you can get the android apps as BB10 has virtually no apps and I only use 3-4 apps in normal circumstances.

Personally I am thinking of moving to iOS or android or maybe windows. I had a windows phone and I liked the OS, maybe it worths waiting to see devices with windows 10 before deciding. Having said that though if you are only looking to email and text then the phone is perfect. If I didn't have double typing I wouldn't consider changing for at least another year.

Posted via CB10
    Latest OS update has reportedly fixed the double type issue that some people have reported. Personally, I have not had that problem with either mine or my wife's Passport. We love our devices.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    09-03-15 03:24 PM
    Ah yes that's another thing. I still haven't received the update on my phone and it's been months now that is out...

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 03:31 PM
    Hi guys I'm new here hope you are all well, I am an avid android user and had many devices most Samsung,lg g3,one plus one and most recently note 4 and nexus 6. I am into rooting and tweaking, I purchased the passport today and have to admit apart from a few apps I'm impressed so far, (working on the apps with the help of this forum) so I say have both if you can or wait for the venice

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 03:38 PM
    Ah yes that's another thing. I still haven't received the update on my phone and it's been months now that is out...

Posted via CB10
    Well if the double typing is that bothersome to you, I would think that you would load the new OS on your device yourself. It is VERY easy. A child can autoload 10.3.2.2639 (newest OS) OR you can do the Sachesi method, which is non-destructive but is a little more complicated. Lots of directions and help on this forum.
    09-03-15 03:47 PM
    As someone that is running my own business, I am used to people occasionally complaining either to us or on social media about our service. Where we go wrong we recognise it and make sure we fix it. BlackBerry is going wrong on its buggy software and the fact that after months of releasing the update it's not rolled out yet universally. This is bad service and I am sorry but I am not going to do it myself. I bought this product and I expect the company to take care of those issues not having to do DIY.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    09-03-15 03:59 PM
    You can actually just get the unlocked one directly from BlackBerry, AFAIK it would work on AT&T. And BlackBerry is not going bankrupt, that's a bunch of balogna. That's what all the carriers tell you so you'll switch to Android and iPhone.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    09-03-15 04:14 PM
    As someone that is running my own business, I am used to people occasionally complaining either to us or on social media about our service. Where we go wrong we recognise it and make sure we fix it. BlackBerry is going wrong on its buggy software and the fact that after months of releasing the update it's not rolled out yet universally. This is bad service and I am sorry but I am not going to do it myself. I bought this product and I expect the company to take care of those issues not having to do DIY.

Posted via CB10
    I have to disagree, to a point. In many cases the carriers in the US are generally holding back the updates, NOT Blackberry..So, the bad service is quite likely from AT@T. My carrier in Canada, as well as many other carriers here, have rolled out 10.3.2.xxxx quite some time ago. Blackberry has been fine-tuning this OS and releasing updates constantly. Right now, IMHO, this OS has finally matured and has been flawless for me. I believe that is one reason (not the main one, though) that development has come to a trickle or a halt. No OS is completely flawless-iOS has had problems with almost all releases. Apple does fix their problems promptly and is able to bypass all carrier "testing" so they have no OS distribution hassles which the likes of Blackberry have to endure. The Apple software, upon first release, is just as "buggy" as anything BB produces, if not more so.
    Last edited by brookie229; 09-03-15 at 04:30 PM.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    09-03-15 04:19 PM
    Order it to pick up in a store.
    That way you can fiddle with it and decide.
    I have one and I dig it went from bold 9930 >q10>Z30 and now Passport.
    You get use to the squareness of it in a week or so time.
    It took me 4 stores to get one.

Via Passport via CB10
    09-03-15 04:52 PM
    OP - the Passport is absolutely worth getting. Some on here have maybe been unlucky and make it sound as if we all have these problems. The silent majority do not. My wife and I have our Passports since last year with no major problems at all. We love it!

Posted via Passport  The Beast!
    09-03-15 06:35 PM
    Thanks for all of the responses! I'll post an update when I get it. I can't wait.

As for an earlier response about an update. Which carrier do you have, if you don't mind me asking? Updates are usually released by the carrier. So I'm curious if the update has been released by att. If I were you I would stay clear of android. I've always had them. They work great at first, then push these one size fits all updates and wrecks the phone. I'm not a fan of apple but those who are love them. I was debating on pp or Windows phone, but the windows phone offered was nothing compared to the pp. Windows 8 is horrible on a laptop so I wouldn't imagine it being better on a phone. Idk I've had my eye on this phone since learning of its release so I'm excited to get it. It has to be better then what I've been dealing with from android.
    09-03-15 06:38 PM
    Thanks jvictor. I have to admit, with the hell I've gone through to get this phone I worry I'm not going to like it. At this point I'd take a basic flip phone lol. I just need reliability. Hearing that keeps the excitement going lol
    09-03-15 06:40 PM
    Darkjoker, that's what I was thinking about the shape. Probably take me a few days to get used to it. I'll definitely try it out in the store before brining it home. I'll probably get it anyway. Nothing really appeals to me. The same old thing on every device.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    09-03-15 06:44 PM
    Steveoswifty, so glad you like it!

Sorry i don't see any option to reply directly to specific posts or quote them. So I hope all that I have replied back to see them.
    09-03-15 06:47 PM
    Zombiecupcake,
    Honestly I thought that was the oddest thing to do. A sale is a sale. At least that's what I think. I couldn't believe the disbelief and questions on why I wanted passport. Well the issues I'm having with the note 5 are exactly why.
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    09-03-15 06:56 PM
    I was on Verizon since 2000 and dropped them so I could get a Passport. I order my Passport from Amazon and it has been the best BlackBerry by far. I never had a double typing issue nor any other issues. This phone is so different from anything else out there. I will never be an isheep follower and when you go to any phone store, its the same old same old, an iphone or a Samsung, a Samsung or an iphone. I would totally recommend a Passport, you won't regret it...

Posted via my incredible Passport
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    09-03-15 07:46 PM
    is the blackberry passport worth getting? I wanted to get it when it came out but being a Verizon customer it wasn't an option. I switched to att saturday. the store didn't have it and couldn't order it without me paying a huge amount out of pocket up front to order. doesn't make sense but it is what it is. so I went with the note 5. I have had the note phones since they came out and I'm over them. I've had this phone under a week and it's crashing, not loading etc. Doing small tasks such as using fb or trying to access the internet. the store pretty much said after the note 5 purchase that bb is going bankrupt and it wouldn't have been worth getting. they also kept asking me why I wanted the phone. hello, reliability! I'm tired of one size fits all updates that ruin phones etc. so before I call att snapping about another junk android, could someone please give me pros and cons. thank you!
    BlackBerry has been going bankrupt for years. And yet, they manage to release at least a couple of awesome devices a year.

Yes, their target audience has shrunk...dramatically. But they're still here. And even if they go bankrupt, the Passport will continue to work on AT&T's network.

BB10 is a great OS. I enjoy the productivity of it. Email and calendar on BlackBerry is 2nd to none. The larger screen is a bonus, and the physical keyboard is a game changer.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 09:44 PM
    I have to disagree, to a point. In many cases the carriers in the US are generally holding back the updates, NOT Blackberry..So, the bad service is quite likely from AT@T. My carrier in Canada, as well as many other carriers here, have rolled out 10.3.2.xxxx quite some time ago. Blackberry has been fine-tuning this OS and releasing updates constantly. Right now, IMHO, this OS has finally matured and has been flawless for me. I believe that is one reason (not the main one, though) that development has come to a trickle or a halt. No OS is completely flawless-iOS has had problems with almost all releases. Apple does fix their problems promptly and is able to bypass all carrier "testing" so they have no OS distribution hassles which the likes of Blackberry have to endure. The Apple software, upon first release, is just as "buggy" as anything BB produces, if not more so.
    I am in the UK on O2 but I bought an unlocked passport from Amazon. To be honest I don't know the way updates get released but it seems that BlackBerry is disadvantaged by its lack of scale which is something that we have to endure as users.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a 'hater' or someone that treats these companies like I belong in a cult. I look at devices impartially and I do think that the passport is the best device right now. But at the same time the software is not good enough. The double typing for example is just unacceptable, if iOS or android had this issue they would have released a fix within a week or two whereas in our case it's been going on for months now.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 12:44 AM
    Simple! Go and get it!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 01:07 AM
58 123