Yes, i know, only i can really answer that question but from users of this device can give me there input I would be able to make a more informed decision. I've had the phone for about 3 full days so far, and just got through the initial hassle of setup, transfer and getting the google play store on via cobalt method. First off, i', coming from a 9900 and reason for upgrading was the loss of support for the apps i was using, toronto star news reader, banking apps, gopro app as well as the urge for something new. I believe this is a sign that maybe bb10 is not for me as they're app store is underwhelming. what gave me hope was the ability to use google play, i read briefly about this and figured, i can get things like snapchat and go pro camea control (something i've wanted to try but didn't have access too on the 9900).

my first dilemma is that now that i have these apps downloaded, both do not work as expected. snapchat is not letting me work without google services, which means i need to patch which apparently does not work anymore(see lucky patcher) and the go pro app is running but does not connect to my gopro (i have downloaded a 3rd party camera control app which connects but very bad quality/lag) nothing like the go pro app obviously. (also those who have go pro working on their PP ive seen screenshots of the bottom record row missing so theres that too)

so far, the phone has been a let down in terms of application support from the google play store...the exception is i have whatsapp and facebook both working in the app version.

typing- im getting used this, the 3 row is a big change from the 4 row which i've been using as a daily driver for the past 5 years, the flicking slows it down because i have to look at the screen and the keyboard but i feel this is something i'll get used to and see improvement on

os- bb10 takes getting used to, from having everything on once screen with bb07 multiple screens makes swiping alot more necessary, but its very fluid and organized. i love bb blend, having my phone charging and being able to reply to text on my desktop is awesome..but iphones can do that too. very hard to see what i'd miss by jumping ship other than the keyboard.

with all this information, would my best bet be to hold on to the phone with hopes of support for snapchat gopro one day, or exchange for a priv/galaxy/iphone?

downside of priv is that its basically an android with a keyboard so id much rather just get a premium galaxy which looks better imo and learn the touch keyboard.

sorry for the long post, but im hoping people here who have experience with this phone can provide me with guidance and advice
    06-27-16 12:02 PM
    If App are important to you then no. Get another device.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 12:36 PM
    Rosebud got it right. Seriously, there's a huge amount of useless apps and apps that don't work well. Check out the reviews in the app store, you'll get a pretty good idea.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 07:30 AM
    If App are important to you then no. Get another device.

Posted via CB10
    This.

*ME173X
    06-28-16 08:53 AM
    The Passport is not a toy. It's a true-blooded Blackberry in full glory.

Get the Priv, nice toy.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 09:03 AM
    The Passport is not a toy. It's a true-blooded Blackberry in full glory.

Get the Priv, nice toy.

Posted via CB10
    Tools, not toys, eh? That's original.

*ME173X
    06-28-16 09:06 AM
    Lol...#  CLASSIC

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 09:09 AM
    I like the flicking feature quite a lot and all the other gestures. They are what makes the keyboard even cooler.

You can install the Google Store but as you can see many applications don't work so basically forget about it... and to answer the question, no this phone is not for you if you don't like the design and don't want to do everything through the browser. We're not sure if whatsapp and other applications will be updated.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 10:42 AM
    thank you all for your input, i really want to love this phone so i will be giving it a shot for a couple weeks.
    06-28-16 12:32 PM