Hello there,

I'm a bit confused, because my Passport won't boot since last night -I think it ran out of battery or crashed while I was asleep-. At first I thought it was some case of BlackScreen happening, but I managed to fully charge the device (My official BB Charger USB Adapter emits a distinct sound when the battery is fully loaded).
    Unlike most cases of BlackScreen I have checked while browsing, my passport's LED isn't functioning, especially when I try to start my Passport normally and nothing happens.
    Also, I downloaded BB Link where the device is recognised, but can't access it at all (BB Protect can't access it either to make it ring or display some text, and people can't call me).

So, I think there is some Hardware trouble involved here (even if I have a nice flipcase and I don't often drop/shock my Passport at all).
    I may be stuck with 2 possibilities : attempting a hard-reset (and re-install everything again), or send it to repair (and if it's an hardware problem like I'm suspecting, I may not have to re-install).

What do you think about this problem ? Thanks in advance !
    06-11-16 11:08 AM
    Try pressing and holding the volume up and down keys at the same time. Do that until you see BlackBerry show on your screen.

I had something similar to you when I had black Passport. I did that and it booted up.

Posted via CB10
    Try pressing and holding the volume up and down keys at the same time. Do that until you see BlackBerry show on your screen.

I had something similar to you when I had black Passport. I did that and it booted up.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 11:28 AM
    Oh, I see, it's some kind of force-start
    Holding volume up and down worked perfectly, it just booted up !

Thanks a lot byex !
    06-11-16 12:04 PM
    Oh, I see, it's some kind of force-start
    Holding volume up and down worked perfectly, it just booted up !

Thanks a lot byex !
    Ya the volume key trick is like doing a battery pull on the BB10 BlackBerry with no removal battery.

Glad I could help.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 05:16 PM