So I have had an Iphone 5s for about 2 months and I think it is a good phone, but I am really missing the keyboard.
    I have an offer for a straight trade for a blackberry passport that I am considering.

One of the big reasons I picked up a non-blackberry was the Maps app. While I can pass a lot on on some of the apps I don't care much about... Maps is very important to me on my Smartphone, so this isn't about going with a separate gps.

My question is if someone could give me an honest opinion/review of google maps on the PP as an Android port.
    I have heard you cannot save locations. What I really want to know is how smooth or not smooth does it run.

Appreciate responses.

Thanks
    Vjain India likes this.
    01-31-15 09:52 AM
    You can save locations. Follow these directions and you'll be set

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344

Via CB10 and typed on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-31-15 10:07 AM
    If you want to load GG maps on the PP, head to Leakes OS, upgrade to OS 10.3.1.2072, that version runs android apps pretty smooth, I'm not sure about GG maps though, maybe it needs google play services to work ? If it's true it's a problem.
    01-31-15 10:07 AM
    You might want to blank out your home and work addresses !!!
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 10:32 AM
    I just returned to blackberry thanks to the passport's unique design and the ability of the high end specs to run Android apps relatively smoothly, even then I try to use only what is essential to me and stick with native BB apps whenever possible.

I depended a lot on my google maps on iOS or Android for finding my way whether on foot, car or directions for public transport. By comparison the BB maps app is pretty much useless.

I installed playstore and downloaded Google maps but despite my best efforts following I just kept getting the goggle services is needed prompt, the app was also very unstable and slow to start up, patching it with lucky patch only ended up with an app that I could not start successfully. Maybe I am doing something wrong here? But my point is google maps is a pain to use properly on the passport. Unless you are confident you can get it set up properly I wouldn't count on it working well.
    01-31-15 10:39 AM
    I don't see the big deal but here it is (edited)

BB Passport close.... Need honest opinion/feedback-img_20150131_110843.jpg

Via CB10 and typed on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-31-15 11:05 AM