I have an iPhone 6 Plus & Passport. I use them virtually the same way, and have virtually all the same apps on each (those that I use).

The OS on both devices are the current defaults from the carrier & manufacturer directly, respectively.
    I find it odd that with my iPhone 6 Plus, I can get up to almost 3 days battery life. Seriously...

With my Passport, I get about a day and a 1/2 battery life. I'm actually looking for more battery life from my Passport. I suppose in a way, the iPhone 6 Plus has me spoilt a little.

What's you average battery life with your Passport?
    wehttam likes this.
    01-14-15 07:11 AM
    I have an iPhone 6 Plus & Passport. I use them virtually the same way, and have virtually all the same apps on each (those that I use).

The OS on both devices are the current defaults from the carrier & manufacturer directly, respectively.
    I find it odd that with my iPhone 6 Plus, I can get up to almost 3 days battery life. Seriously...

With my Passport, I get about a day and a 1/2 battery life. I'm actually looking for more battery life from my Passport. I suppose in a way, the iPhone 6 Plus has me spoilt a little.

What's you average battery life with your Passport?
    I don't have the 6 Plus anymore but I never got anywhere close to what you were getting on it.. Both my Plus and Passport get about the same.. I always have brightness maxed out and I am a heavy user. I get about 26 hours from the Passport, which considering my use is pretty incredible and on the Plus I'd get about 20 hours..
    01-14-15 07:19 AM
    Not even going to touch this one.

But I will grab some popcorn and watch from the sidelines.

FYI, I get about 2 days out of my PP, my wife's iphone 6(not the +), she's lucky to get an 8 hour day out of it without looking for a charger at some point during the day.

Was going to add what the mah of each battery was, but the almighty apple doesn't list what the capacity of their battery is, just says rechargeable lithium ion battery. And for the life of me I can't seem to find anything on the 6+ as far as the actual capacity of the battery is, just what the regular 6 is.

Iphone 6 and 6+ specs
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    01-14-15 07:30 AM
    I'm getting about 1.5 days out of my Passport and 6+ pretty much equal with heavy usage on both. Weekend with less use close to 3 days with both.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:36 AM
    My brightness is below 10%. I can't stand bright screens. My wife's Samsung Galaxy S5 is at full brightness all the time. Asking for a headache if you ask me...

LOL @homer1475
    nokia4life likes this.
    01-14-15 07:37 AM
    Lol 3 days on an iPhone.

Hilarious

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:38 AM
    I'd suppose that it'd depend on use case, but the biggest drain on a smartphone's battery is usually the screen-on time. Maybe setting the Passport to turn off its screen after 30 seconds of inactivity would help.
    01-14-15 07:44 AM
    I'd suppose that it'd depend on use case, but the biggest drain on a smartphone's battery is usually the screen-on time. Maybe setting the Passport to turn off its screen after 30 seconds of inactivity would help.
    I am with the op on this. Passport's battery is amazing screen off. But screen-on time gives a battery life equivalent to Android overall. I remembered that iPhone has a pretty good screen-on battery life, with mediocre antenna and average off screen management.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:51 AM
    Good point; I already have it set to 30 seconds

01-14-15 07:52 AM
    But screen-on time gives a battery life equivalent to Android overall.
    What Androids have you used? I get 9 plus hours of screen on time with my Xperia Z3..
    01-14-15 07:53 AM
    What Androids have you used? I get 9 plus hours of screen on time with my Xperia Z3..
    Same here with xperia z2 with stamina mode on and low brightness. My passport can go to 9h I think, but no more, most likely less. Auto-brightness isn't always helping the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:57 AM
    6+ Battery is only 2900mAh, significantly smaller then the Passport's 3450mAh. I get ~34 hours of use out of my PP, two usable days, and charge it every other night. I would consider myself a heavy user.

Playing Android games is a sure way to burn the battery down in BB10 OS though - you will see drain from both the game itself and the Android Player that gets invoked to run it, and will eat battery much quicker then a native app or game. I use mostly native apps so that may explain the discrepancy.
    01-14-15 08:57 AM
    I haven't tried the Passport yet, but testing an iPhone 6 Plus I can safely say the battery is very impressive. I would stick the phone on a charger at night regardless, but after a long day of heavy use I have 60-80% battery left. Though, to be fair, my definition of heavy use has come way down over the years.
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-14-15 09:55 AM
    I would imagine it depends on what you do. Android apps probably make a difference. Native apps on the iPhone probably help but I am sure in some cases the Passport would do better.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 10:25 AM
    I have an iPhone 6+ and a Z30 (but no Passport), so I feel comfortable saying that the 6+ has great battery life. But the real question is whether the OP is getting the battery life that he should out of his Passport, which sounds like it's doing pretty well, but not as well as the OP would like.

I also wonder if using non-native apps could be the reason for the increased drain on the Passport...
    01-14-15 12:10 PM
    I guess I was expecting the SAME battery life from both devices.

Notes:
    - I don't have Android apps installed (not Amazon or Snap)
    - I have the official OS' for both devices
    - I was led to believe the battery in the iPhone was not as 'powerful' as the battery in the Passport

So, based on that, I would think the Passport would give more 'life', no?
    01-14-15 12:26 PM
    I don't have the 6 Plus anymore but I never got anywhere close to what you were getting on it.. Both my Plus and Passport get about the same.. I always have brightness maxed out and I am a heavy user. I get about 26 hours from the Passport, which considering my use is pretty incredible and on the Plus I'd get about 20 hours..
    I could get 2 days out of my 6+ easy, I'm just in the habit of plugging it in before bed for an hour. It's daily off charger at about 930-10 pm and when I plug it in the next night around 830-9 I'm only at 72% or so. Heck right now I've been off charger for 13 hours (12 hrs 59 minutes, I rounded) and its my day off so it's been light use, only an hour screen on time, I don't use power saving in any way and I'm at 94% on my plus.

So I absolutely believe navi.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    01-14-15 12:30 PM
    Lol 3 days on an iPhone.

Hilarious

Posted via CB10
    On a 6+, you bet you can. Sorry if that's news to you.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    01-14-15 12:32 PM
    same carrier ivan?
    01-14-15 12:33 PM
    Yes, Sir, AT&T.

Maybe it is merely how the mechanics in the devices work. But, either way, I was expecting them to be 'rather close' on battery life. I use both devices the same.

Now, having said that. I tend to use BBM more on my BlackBerry. I don't feel it is that much more (don't do video calls, and all that, merely back and forth chatting), but surely that slight excess wouldn't make that much of a difference...

same carrier ivan?
    01-14-15 12:48 PM
    Interesting conversation by the way. Keep 'em coming
    01-14-15 12:48 PM
    Lol 3 days on an iPhone.

Hilarious

Posted via CB10
    Why? I'm at 3 days, 23 hours and have 58% left on my iPhone 6 Plus.
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-14-15 12:50 PM
    *eats popcorn*

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 12:54 PM
    Well, it sounds to me that you are using the Passport a lot more than the iPhone 6+.

You may use the phones in the "same way" but you are not duplicating the work/tasks on both devices, are you?

It would be hard to quantify "same" unless you had specific lab tests where both devices are doing the exact same thing, under the same conditions, for the same time frame, etc....
    01-14-15 01:05 PM
    For more battery life, try these (if you haven't already) :

Dim the Screen - have noticed this to be a main factor

Screen Timeout - reduce time as much as possible to the point where it is not annoyingly too quick

Decrease volume

Close apps - even when not actually using an app, it can run in the background (go to CPU under your device manager)

Turn off connections -obviously when not required

Update your software. - if it applies

Use a media card - Reduce power usage by keeping less data on your device. Save data to a media card instead of your device storage space

Turn off the flash
    01-14-15 01:08 PM
96 123 ...