Do NOT buy a Blackberry Passport until you read this

Total hogwash from this "writer" it's articles like this that continue to give blackberry a negative image!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Blue787 and sk8er_tor like this.
    07-23-14 10:13 AM
    They'll continue until BlackBerry will kill all the concurrence

posted via my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.xxx (don't ask)
    Blue787 likes this.
    07-23-14 10:19 AM
    Everyone is afraid of becoming a leader and to take a chance. It is obvious that the writer of this article is satisfied with the boring status quo!
    Hmmmm he must live a very interesting life.

Drier than a popcorn fart I say!

Posted via CB10
    Blue787 likes this.
    07-23-14 10:26 AM
    Article lacked any substance as to why not to buy a passport other than its weak comparison to a PlayBook! I left BlackBerry for a few years and went to an iPhone and although it was a decent device it was more of a "toy" than a "tool" I love my z30 and regret leaving in the 1st place. Now my own family members with iPhone and Android devices are wanting to make the switch! The OS is so fluid and amazing when it comes to productivity.

Posted via CB10
    BoldMaverick and Blue787 like this.
    07-23-14 10:30 AM
    Individuals like the author do not realize this device is not for everyone. It's marketed at professionals who want to get work done, I myself have 2 games on my phone and that's because they were offered free for a limited time. Other than playing them for a few minutes after I downloaded I haven't touched them in months! I use my z30 for Web research, text and email and I must say this device is the best I've ever owned! I have a feeling I will be saying that about the passport!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    07-23-14 10:37 AM
    I was gonna form a well-thought reply, but this drivel put my brain in sleep mode as to not waste my time.

Posted via CB10
    BoldMaverick likes this.
    07-23-14 10:57 AM
    First article, "Do NOT buy a Blackberry Passport until you read this"

Next article, "OK, you can buy now BlackBerry Passport since you finished reading the first article"

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 12:00 PM
    I read that article too, & the author got a bit of a bashing in the comments!... serves him right!

Posted on CB10 with my Q10
    rarsen and seluje like this.
    07-23-14 02:24 PM
    I read that article. I was amused and appalled in equal measure. I think some tech journos should have their right to an opinion revoked until they understand the responsibility of the position they hold and the power of their words upon the ignorant. Incredible that 7 years on, so many people think the question 'what is the right phone for me' only has 1 answer (hint - it has a fruity logo, and its not BlackBerry)....
    m1kr0 likes this.
    07-23-14 04:49 PM
    Didn't bother reading the article didn't have to....

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 05:30 PM
    I fail to see the writer's comparison to the PlayBook as anything more but a massive stretch. The rest, while very biased, isn't totally out to lunch.

But really, considering the writer hasn't had his hands on it, I dunno how he could make half the claims he does. Hilarious what people will say while totally ignorant.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    07-23-14 05:34 PM
    the guy's point of view rely on "the Passport is the playbook2", so it will fail.
    I didn't even bother to disagree on the site, but there are a lot of things that are different now.
    Android apps running on the Passport, the use of the Passport vs. a tablet like the Playbook (more work focused vs. media consuming), the greatness of BB10 that has never been applied to the playbook...
    One more biased article, and definitely the sign that the Passport hit something in tech blogosphere.
    I mean a more mitigate article would have sound wiser and not so "oriented".
    I continue to see a lot of people saying they want one (twitter, many sites like gsmarena comments, friends of mine...) and they never actually come with even only one of the reproaches i read on what seems a dogmatic bashing (summarised by "we want a world based only on a Apple vs Android fight).
    07-23-14 05:43 PM
    Article lacked any substance as to why not to buy a passport other than its weak comparison to a PlayBook! I left BlackBerry for a few years and went to an iPhone and although it was a decent device it was more of a "toy" than a "tool" I love my z30 and regret leaving in the 1st place. Now my own family members with iPhone and Android devices are wanting to make the switch! The OS is so fluid and amazing when it comes to productivity.

Posted via CB10
    Everything this guy wrote was correct. It's good for pounding out emails or messages. A square square is not good for movies and videos. I'm sure the people who are still using bb7 devices would love this phone but your not going to steal people away from android or ios. This looks like a great niche product for the type of people that do emails from there phone. The people I know at work who still have old bb7 devices are so warn out from work they'll fine having their own phone and the work phone where they read emails and answer emails all day from the phone. For this that is great. For people who aren't replying to emails on their phone they rather have a normal touch screen device.
    Bsbudd likes this.
    07-23-14 05:43 PM
    One thing you should know before buying a BlackBerry.
    It doesn't support OpenVPN/PPTP VPN services.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    07-23-14 07:17 PM
    Yup they're starting to run scared. Once again BB is innovating and the only way to try and beat betterness (is that a real word?) Is to bash it before it gets off the groumd.

Why else would someone write an article like that? The phones not even released yet and this person knows how bad it's going to be...

Who pays him do you think, Apple or Samsung? Anyone who believes these idiots aren't played off, well I've got a heck of a deal on a bridge for you!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    acovey and kthhrrsn like this.
    07-23-14 07:22 PM
    The fear of BlackBerry from these authors is hilarious. Boy, it would be interesting to know what is their real agenda behind so poorly evaluating a product without even testing it first.. smh..

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-23-14 07:29 PM
    One thing you should know before buying a BlackBerry.
    It doesn't support OpenVPN/PPTP VPN services.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    I saw people very happy with vpnme from BlackBerry world, did you try it?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 07:42 PM
    I think reposting them generally Ferris the writer's cause. Don't fall for this.

I suspect in the drive to link to every "slanted" story, CB inadvertently becomes a repository for unpleasant stories.
    ibpluto, Witmen and m1a1mg like this.
    07-23-14 07:44 PM
    It's also nice to know that the author of the article is a Crackberry member.. pathetic

CB should revoke hus membership.. we have enough trolls..

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-23-14 07:57 PM
    It's also nice to know that the author of the article is a Crackberry member.. pathetic

CB should revoke hus membership.. we have enough trolls..

Posted via CB10
    For a non-conforming opinion? Even BBRY seems especially open to dissenting opinions of late. That leads to success.
    m1a1mg, Elite1 and Blacklatino like this.
    07-23-14 08:03 PM
    So much for Randall... READ THIS! "Randall C Kennedy is director of research and cofounder of Competitive Systems Analysis, an IT consulting company. He was a former systems analyst for Giga Information Group[citation needed]. Kennedy was a contributor for InfoWorld, focusing on Windows,Microsoft and other topics, but was dismissed on February 21, 2010. In his announcement of the dismissal, InfoWorld editor-in-chief, Eric Knorr, stated that Kennedy had been dismissed for violating InfoWorld's policies of "integrity and honesty", and for "breach of trust" Source An unfortunate ending | Business - InfoWorld
    blackmoe likes this.
    07-23-14 08:12 PM
    Nothing wrong with constructive criticism but this article was joke. Anyone with any sense will dismiss it as such.

Posted via CB10
    acovey, Elite1 and Blacklatino like this.
    07-23-14 08:27 PM
    For a non-conforming opinion? Even BBRY seems especially open to dissenting opinions of late. That leads to success.
    Sorry I fail to see how an article like this can lead to further BlackBerry success.

It's a pathetic attempt to derail the success of the Passport without any merit or credibility. Heck the thing isn't even on the market yet. The article is an extreme stretch from a comparison to the PlayBook launched 3 years ago especially from a CB member who has easy access to tremendous amounts of information from the site he belongs to.. to me there's no excuse and that's my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 08:32 PM
    Sorry I fail to see how an article like this can lead to further BlackBerry success.

It's a pathetic attempt to derail the success of the Passport without any merit or credibility. Heck the thing isn't even on the market yet. The article is an extreme stretch from a comparison to the PlayBook launched 3 years ago especially from a CB member who has easy access to tremendous amounts of information from the site he belongs to.. to me there's no excuse and that's my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    Well, not this article. I can't disagree. LOL.

But I don't think censoring works in tech. Let them talk.

Why do we give such articles more exposure? Then, we go to the sites and post emotional rebuttals that are not tasteful. IMHO, it makes BB users seem vociferously out of touch.

Don't get sucked in by the tech shock jocks by giving them attention.
    07-23-14 08:39 PM
    Who is the troll anyway?

#BBFactCheck
    07-23-14 09:35 PM
81 123 ...