Hi guys I'm back to the bb10 and the passport.
    My first physical keyboard phone and must say I'm loving it.
    Tried both the s6 and the edge and all I can say is there poor. First the s6 battery life and heat issues where terrible and the ram management was a joke 6 hours of battery life is a backwords step for me iphonesque. And then the edge same problems but also you feel robbed with the curved edges screen estate seems noticeably smaller.
    So 4 days in to my passport I'm enjoying the non conventional phone.
    Battery life is awesome for me I do all day with about 40% remaining.
    Couple of gripes still for me are the music player needs work and the Facebook app is 2012 at best.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    08-31-15 02:32 PM
    About the Facebook app, you are 100% right.
    Lot's of complaints about it!

Glad you are back, but can i ask why you went the samsung route?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 02:35 PM
    I've always had a love hate relationship with samsung loved the s4 but they've lost there way in my opinion. I'm a phone geek and always try the new tec but always end up back here.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 02:38 PM
    I heard those s6 phones are laggy as hell and the Passport blows it away.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    Dale Lindley likes this.
    08-31-15 03:33 PM
    I've tried both those out myself, I honestly couldn't be more let down with those issues you mentioned. I'm heavily invested in social media and my two top devices are the BlackBerry Passport and iphone 6plus. Both have operating systems optimized fir their hardware. If the Passport manages to integrate google play services and have the Android runtime a little smoother I'd drop the iPhone and stick with Passport only, the SE is truly a multitasking beast.
    Dale Lindley and gvs1341 like this.
    08-31-15 03:45 PM
    The edge is an gimmink. Looks nice but your screen is smaller and what I find out in spotlight of sun it breaks in the screen. Thats's why I go from passport to passport SE because the Venice is not my idea of a good phone for emails, the passport is. I also love to read the newspaper on my passport that I have an digital subscribe to read more background news and articles., anyway welcome back.

p.s filming on a passport never could go wrong

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by whatsever; 09-02-15 at 03:19 PM.
    OfficerRandall likes this.
    08-31-15 04:32 PM
    Randy: Google Play store can be installed, but I've not had any luck with play services.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 05:12 PM
    Welcome back. I've owned them all, and without question the BlackBerry Passport is the best there is. The OS rocks and the email app blows away anything else available.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 05:35 PM
    Hi guys I'm back to the bb10 and the passport.
    My first physical keyboard phone and must say I'm loving it.
    Tried both the s6 and the edge and all I can say is there poor. First the s6 battery life and heat issues where terrible and the ram management was a joke 6 hours of battery life is a backwords step for me iphonesque. And then the edge same problems but also you feel robbed with the curved edges screen estate seems noticeably smaller.
    So 4 days in to my passport I'm enjoying the non conventional phone.
    Battery life is awesome for me I do all day with about 40% remaining.
    Couple of gripes still for me are the music player needs work and the Facebook app is 2012 at best.

Posted via CB10
    Wise move, Passport is the best! Facebook app is crap

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    08-31-15 05:35 PM
    The Facebook app a couple years ago really messed with the contacts list. Unacceptable, why put facebook anything on a BB.
    09-01-15 04:20 PM
    The Facebook app a couple years ago really messed with the contacts list. Unacceptable, why put facebook anything on a BB.
    you can disable FB contacts upon setting up FB account. Also you can turn them off via address book options.
    09-01-15 05:12 PM
    you can disable FB contacts upon setting up FB account. Also you can turn them off via address book options.
    They don't mess with contacts anymore thankfully. I have all my contacts set to automatically join, and it works pretty cleanly.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 06:40 PM
    I came back from 6S edge. I'm on the SE Passport and I am very happy

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 06:41 PM
    Sorry, I meant if they improve Android runtime in the future. Yeah I'm in the same boat as you lol.
    09-01-15 10:12 PM
    Sorry, I meant if they improve Android runtime in the future. Yeah I'm in the same boat as you lol.
    They'll definitely improve the BB10's android runtime. Count on it.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-01-15 10:21 PM
    Your battery can go for even long if you keep wifi and GPS off. Also close all apps and set the apps not to run in the back ground. I get 2 full days out of mine.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 12:39 AM
    I have google play and android apps working on my Passport. I had to have Netflix, need my Trailer Park Boys and Battlelog for BF4

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 12:42 AM
    Welcome back!

Posted Via CA Governor's BlackBerry Passport.
    09-02-15 12:43 AM
    Welcome back. I came from samsung tab s with 8.4.
    After years of blackberry and I am once again back to my love.

Enjoy.

Posted via Blackberry Passport (SE) - Singapore
    09-02-15 12:04 PM