Asking as I've purchased a screen protector for the back lens to protect it from scratches but don't want it affecting any special surface it may have.

From the looks of it the plastic seems to be normal and nothing special but just wanted to confirm it's just a regular surface.

Pity the lens protrudes and the cover is only plastic not scratch resistant glass as I'd rather not have to sacrifice image quality but that's as it is.
    04-15-17 05:58 AM
    Hello never had any issues with lens of my SE scratched. Using in a case it's protected.
    04-15-17 06:54 AM
    any interface that is not refractive index matched will suffer optical lost. depend what kind of plastic you get. as for UV resistance, what do you mean? most of the plastic cut off UV transmission, that is part of the reason your lawn chair turn yellowish after prolong exposure of the sun. very few plastic resistance to UVA, but hardly UVB, nothing really resistant to UVC (at least I am not aware of). IMHO
    04-15-17 07:08 AM
    It's probably some sort of scratch resistant plastic. But not sure why it would need UV protection
    04-15-17 07:08 AM
    Hello never had any issues with lens of my SE scratched. Using in a case it's protected.
    If you used a case that covered the back I could imagine why, though I've read of the original Passport's camera being scratched rather easily by other users here so it was a concern.

The only case I've purchased was one that covers the back with holes cut for camera. Bought it primarily so the camera would be slightly recessed from the case but nothing too bulky.

any interface that is not refractive index matched will suffer optical lost. depend what kind of plastic you get.
    Yeah, I realize that. I've been picky with lens protectors for SLRs in the past but since the user reports of scratches to the Passport's lens cover I'd rather have a protector with some IQ loss than scratches on a non-replaceable part.

Not sure why it would need UV protection
    The topic was really just about whether the lens cover has *any* coating, in case the screen protector I'll be applying will remove such a coating.
    04-15-17 07:49 AM
    lens cover? you mean the one you brought that made of plastic? or the actual one come with SE? optical lens (unless it is cheap plastic just cut out), usually come with anti glare and anti reflection coating, like your high end of glasses. SE camera lens should have that, since BB is selling it as high end handset. as for the plastic you bought, no comment.
    04-15-17 08:01 AM
    I'd say some coppertone could help with your UV concerns
    04-15-17 08:02 AM
    If you're using SLR, I wouldn't worry much about protecting the lens on the passport. You'll probably end up making it worse than it is now
    04-15-17 08:25 AM
    lens cover? you mean the one you brought that made of plastic? or the actual one come with SE? optical lens (unless it is cheap plastic just cut out), usually come with anti glare and anti reflection coating, like your high end of glasses. SE camera lens should have that, since BB is selling it as high end handset. as for the plastic you bought, no comment.
    By lens cover I'm referring to the circular plastic (at least that's the material it's been described as in posts elsewhere on Crackberry multiple times but the SE may use glass, not sure) covering the lens inside on the SE back. If it does have an anti-glare/reflection coating I may refrain from placing a screen protector on it since I'd rather not have it come off should the screen protector be removed at some point. If others can confirm it has such a coating it would be appreciated.

Pity most cases for the Passport add rather a lot of bulk. If there were a slim fitting case with a lens slide shutter it would be ideal (I honestly wonder why case makers don't offer these in general tbh).
    04-15-17 09:17 AM
    It does not have anti-glare treatment.
    04-15-17 11:00 AM