I just realised that i freakin bought a AZERTY style passport. I'm pissed buts it's in route. From my understanding is that you can map the keys? Or somehow if you select English as the input language the software will autocorret words for you. I'll be using the passport for work only, mainly for sending and receiving emails. Is it worth keeping? I should have known 169.99 for a nib passport was too good to be true. I bought it on eBay and in the listing it said AZERTY, but it didn't read AZERTY keyboard. It just had the words jumbled in with GSM, unlocked, 4G, etc.
    02-18-17 09:03 AM
    Well, legally speaking, you have the right to rescind that sale if that quality of the good (a qwerty keyboard instead of an azerty one) was fundamental for you (it's called "error in qualitate"). I'd keep it anyway, for such a price.
    Anyway, you can remap the keyboard layout in the Settings. AZERTY keyboard?-img_20150517_080542_edit.png
    Last edited by Power Mac; 02-18-17 at 10:07 AM.
    02-18-17 09:54 AM
    If it said AZERTY in the listing yo u shouldn't have bought if you wanted QWERTY me thinks. You can always buy another key board and switch the keys internally I think. There is a provision there that I saw for using QWERTY, AZERTY, DOVORAK and another?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 09:55 AM
    I say.... relax....you got a new factory unlocked Passport for $170. Great bargain. Great phone at a great price. Not only do you have the most unique phone on the market, but the azerty layout makes it even more so.

The azerty keyboard layout was for the French market I believe. The only difference between the azerty and qwerty version is that the Q,A,W, and Z letters are re arranged slightly on the left side of the keyboard. You will adapt quickly. I am almost positive that English will be available for flicking words up to the screen. I think that all of the LTE bands will be compatible with North American cell phone providers as I think that all passports have all the bands.

Enjoy your Passport.

Via z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 10:00 AM
    Relax. OS allows you to remap the keys
    AZERTY keyboard?-img_20170218_195904.png
    02-18-17 10:59 AM
    Can't he get a new keyboard to replace and remap it?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 11:19 AM
    Thank you all for the information...I'm feeling much better about my situation. I think the seller could have worded the auction differently but it's all good. Thanks again fellow Crackberrians.
    02-18-17 12:24 PM
    If the key lay out doesn't work for you, you can always buy a set of QWERTY keyboard to replace.

Posted from my  Passport
    02-19-17 07:27 AM
    I say.... relax....you got a new factory unlocked Passport for $170. Great bargain. Great phone at a great price. Not only do you have the most unique phone on the market, but the azerty layout makes it even more so.

The azerty keyboard layout was for the French market I believe. The only difference between the azerty and qwerty version is that the Q,A,W, and Z letters are re arranged slightly on the left side of the keyboard. You will adapt quickly. I am almost positive that English will be available for flicking words up to the screen. I think that all of the LTE bands will be compatible with North American cell phone providers as I think that all passports have all the bands.

Enjoy your Passport.

Via z10.

Posted via CB10
    Some people in France would kill for a brand new azerty PP

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 09:38 AM
    You can remap the software, but the keys still appear as qwerty.

I would just leave the keyboard as is. It is only four letters, two of which, the Q and the Z, are only rarely used ..... just ask BlackBerry....sorry bb10 joke.... couldn't help myself....I use my Q5, Q10, Z10, and Z30, all of which which work great, but not popular in the market place.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 10:30 AM
    Wow. It came in today with a qwerty keyboard. I don't know what happened. But I'm calling them to see if i can order 2 more like this for the same price.

You all were right.... Just relax.
    Attached Thumbnails AZERTY keyboard?-5477.jpg  
    Chris Chin likes this.
    02-21-17 12:18 PM
    02-22-17 04:29 PM