Quick question why doesn't blackberry see this feature as a needed feature? If I am not mistaken android and apple have these feature built in. I usually keep my screen brightness on the lowest setting. When I go out in the sun I have to manually go in and adjust the screen brightness to see my screen. Am I over looking the option for this... do blackberry user see this as a good feature to have? It would be cool to just have my screen change brightness without having to go to setting and change it then change it back when inside.

Posted via CB10
    anon5989741 likes this.
    02-23-15 04:20 PM
    Auto adjustment s*cks.
    Just pull down the quick toggle menu with two fingers from every app...

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    02-23-15 04:25 PM
    BlackBerry does have this. In fact it's always on, by default. BlackBerry uses a very sophisticated, proprietary algorithm for evaluating the light levels and setting the optimal brightness on the screen to fit the ambient light levels. Dragging the brightness slider up and down will just center the brightness fluctuations around the specific set brightness point. As a user of every platform, I can tell you that automatic brightness on BlackBerry devices is far superior to anything found on iOS or Android.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12, Meshdow and hyc121 like this.
    02-23-15 04:36 PM
    I've read that BlackBerry 10 does actually auto adjust brightness. It adjusts up and down from the user's brightness setting depending on ambient light. Now how much it can adjust...Idk lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:37 PM
    BlackBerry does have this. In fact it's always on, by default. BlackBerry uses a very sophisticated, proprietary algorithm for evaluating the light levels and setting the optimal brightness on the screen to fit the ambient light levels. Dragging the brightness slider up and down will just center the brightness fluctuations around the specific set brightness point. As a user of every platform, I can tell you that automatic brightness on BlackBerry devices is far superior to anything found on iOS or Android.

Posted via CB10
    Cool to know but my passport must be broken. I have NEVER seen this happen. Like I said keeping my brightness on low when I go outside in the sun I have to always adjust the brightness to see my phone screen.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:46 PM
    Cool to know but my passport must be broken. I have NEVER seen this happen. Like I said keeping my brightness on low when I go outside in the sun I have to always adjust the brightness to see my phone screen.

Posted via CB10
    Obviously if you keep it to the lowest setting it won't become super bright to offset direct sunlight. Do you understand just how bright it needs to get under the sun?

Next time put it to the middle, then quickly cover the light sensor positioned to the left of the ear speaker. You'll quickly see the brightness dim.
    02-23-15 06:14 PM
    Cool to know but my passport must be broken. I have NEVER seen this happen.
    While in a bright area, cover the top of the front of your device (the bit you put to your ear) with your hand. You should notice after 10 seconds or so that the screen will dim.

Although the device auto adjusts, it can't always compensate for very strong light/reflection etc.
    02-23-15 06:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm assuming you have some documentation to support this, because I've never seen it happen on any of the BB10 phones I know. Are you just saying its better than the other platforms or do you actually have documentation supporting this?
    02-23-15 06:19 PM
    I'm assuming you have some documentation to support this, because I've never seen it happen on any of the BB10 phones I know. Are you just saying its better than the other platforms or do you actually have documentation supporting this?
    http://m.crackberry.com/why-there-no...blackberry-z10
    02-23-15 06:26 PM
    Check this video of someone with issues with the light sensor on a passport

If you see there is evidence that this works, but maybe OP has a defective sensor like the one in the video.
    02-23-15 06:30 PM
    Hum, It might have one of the best auto light sensor I have seen. It adjusts slowly and delicately so you don't really see it but it works perfectly, at least on my passport which become very bright under sunlight

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:33 PM
    Are you blind? Cover your light sensor in a bright area
    Meshdow likes this.
    02-23-15 07:51 PM
    Thanks to everyone that replied. I do see the Deming effect when covering the sensor. Maybe I react to quickly but will look forward to testing the brightening effect tomorrow in the sun. Hopefully it works just as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 12:36 AM
    Kinda on topic, I have a Z30 and a passport side by side and the passport has the ability to go way dimmer!! Why is this??
    Also has a setting called color saturation. Was this just part of the previous 10.3? The passport hasn't gotten the latest Rogers up date yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 07:12 PM
    Yeah it isn't that good out side but maybe I need to set my brightness up some.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:21 PM
    The brightness is adjusted slowly and gradually so you may not really see it. Unlike on BlackBerry OS, it would change really fast

Posted from my Passport
    02-28-15 04:46 AM