Any way to tweak this? Found that certain 3rd party android browsers let me disable auto-brightness and whites POP like the iPhone 6+ compared to the drab whites on the BB PP stock browser.

Try the android Baidu tablet browser for example - whites are waaaayyyy better, (probably bad for battery though).
    09-30-14 07:40 PM
    Bad for battery life and for your eyes.

There is no way to tweak that setting. Keep the app open may force it to go max brightness.
    09-30-14 07:54 PM
    Not sure if it exists on the Passport (does on Z30), but have you tried tweaking the 'white balance' setting?
    09-30-14 07:58 PM
    I have yeah, doesn't compare to the brightness I can get through android browsers - kind of disappointing that we've been walled of from tweaking that stat - why bother advertising the nit capabilities of the PP if they're throttled.
    09-30-14 08:04 PM
    That's one thing, but I actually seen what he's talking about. Pass2u makes my Z30 as bright as any Z10.

It's a software lock on how bright it goes.

I have yeah, doesn't compare to the brightness I can get through android browsers - kind of disappointing that we've been walled of from tweaking that stat - why bother advertising the nit capabilities of the PP if they're throttled.
    Right. Because you need a screen as bright as the darn sun to be productive.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-30-14 08:04 PM
    Passport is honestly too bright at the lowest setting.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-30-14 08:05 PM
    That's one thing, but I actually seen what he's talking about. Pass2u makes my Z30 as bright as any Z10.

It's a software lock on how bright it goes.

Right. Because you need a screen as bright as the darn sun to be productive.
    Well - it's a lot nicer to look at, and the battery is good enough where I'll still get 8-10 hours with brightness maxed via these android browsers.
    09-30-14 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD