My previous device was a Z10, and I think the auto-correction worked more efficient for me. My current device is a Passport with the same OS version as my Z10 (10.3.2).
    However, I have the feeling that auto correct feature does not work as good as Z10. I have attached a screenshot to better explain the issue.

In the example, I misspelled the word "successful " but after pressing the space bar it was not corrected. And when I tap on the misspelled word, there was only one suggestion : the correct spell of "successful "

I expect the device to correct such miss-pellings. At least for those words that their is only one correct suggestion.

I have also attached the setting of my device. Can I choose any better configuration?

Thank you.
    Auto-correction , spelling-img_20170123_142958.png

Auto-correction , spelling-img_20170123_144249.png

 BB10 can't die. It is healthy and young!
    01-23-17 05:23 AM
    Are the settings the same as your Z10? What are the Spell Check settings?
    01-23-17 09:36 AM
    I think the settings on both devices are the same. I don't have access to the Z10 anymore.
    Could you please test the word "successful" for example, on your device and let me know if it gets automatically corrected or not?
    When I type sucessful (missing a "c") It won't be corrected automatically.

And here are my spell check settings :

Auto-correction , spelling-img_20170124_112056.png

01-24-17 01:56 AM
    Go to the settings select language and input there u will find prediction and correction select it, in it u will find an option auto correction with space bar turn it on and u will be all good
    Auto-correction , spelling-img_20170124_134015.png

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 02:43 AM
    Go to the settings select language and input there u will find prediction and correction select it, in it u will find an option auto correction with space bar turn it on and u will be all good

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you don't see his images, he does have that turned on
    01-24-17 04:01 AM
    The words spelled correctly auto spell checked with intentional spelling error.

Auto-correction , spelling-img_20170124_095953.png

I think I know what's going on. I have noticed before if I move the cursor back to change the spelling of a word it keeps it even if flagged as misspelled. Seen with names in particular. Probably learn new words does this and it kept the misspelling of sucessful as a new word different from successful. In my example, it now keeps the word proces as a new word because I spelled process first then backed up and deleted the last s.

You could try clearing learned words. I don't want to because there are learned words I want to keep.
    01-24-17 04:09 AM
    The words spelled correctly auto spell checked with intentional spelling error.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170124_095953.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	416400

I think I know what's going on. I have noticed before if I move the cursor back to change the spelling of a word it keeps it even if flagged as misspelled. Seen with names in particular. Probably learn new words does this and it kept the misspelling of sucessful as a new word different from successful. In my example, it now keeps the word proces as a new word because I spelled process first then backed up and deleted the last s.

You could try clearing learned words. I don't want to because there are learned words I want to keep.

That was a fantastic observation. I checked it with quite some words and turned out your finding is absolutely correct.

So when you type a word wrong and and press the spacebar , the auto-correct corrects it. No need to go back immediately to correct it.

In fact what happens is that, when you finish a word you "quickly look" at it and at the SAME TIME you "press the spacebar". By the "quick look" you realize that you have misspelled the word and then you go back to correct it. At the same time by "pressing the spacebar" you activate the auto-correct feature and the word is now corrected.
    Now you should correct it by yourself, and it is a once-only chance to prevent a wrong word from being added to the learned words.

I think if I get used to avoid "immediate" action of correcting a misspelled word, I will get the desirable result.

And I now realize that I had taught many wrong words to this Passport during the period that I have been trying to master typing without looking at the keyboard. That is why I felt a difference between my Passport and my Z10 in terms of atuo-correct performance.

Since I have used this phone for about a month only, I decided to delete the learned words, and suddenly the auto-correct feature showed its power again. Your guess was correct.

Sorry for the long post. I was excited. And thanks again Tim-ANK

By the way, how come in the image you have attached I can see your Remember app and the Clock-Operator bar at the top? For me when an app is open, the clock is not shown. Is it a new feature in 10.3.3?

Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-24-17 09:25 AM
    Glad to here deleting learned words worked. And good observation by you to trust the auto correct process. I probably have a lot misspelled learned words since I had my PP almost 2 years. I do a lot of swiping anyway so haven't really noticed. And I don't want to delete because my business is highly technical and I work with people all over the world. Terminology and people names are in the learned list too.
    01-24-17 09:53 AM